RMC Adventure Express

Xdog42

Ok, i know this might sound stupid. But I think many people agree that it would be nice for KI to get an RMC. Our best chance was Son of Beast but then RMC wasn't very popular. anyways I like KI with Banshee even though I have ridden the Son of Beast, It seems that most people "enjoy" Banshee more than that ride. Anyway like I was saying that was the most likely ride to get RMC treatment now that the ride is gone we only have 3 other wooden coasters which are Beast, Racer, and Woodstock Express all of which will never get RMC'd pretty obvious why. so I was thinking what other rides could receive the treatment then I thought Maybe Adventure Express it already has the simple wooden Supports and all they have to do is take off the older track and put the I-Box track and maybe add a little bit, You know stepper Drop and Lift Hill. they might have to make a few adjustments but I see it sorta being like nemesis not tall but still strong and intense. I really haven't theorized when the coaster would come. but right now Maybe 3-4 years after KI receives there Giga. So I think we might get the Giga 2021, (would say 2020 but seems to quick but possible). so Maybe 2025 would be an ok year. Anyways My question to you readers are... Do you think this is ok idea and what is the possibility of this and would you support KI Doing this project? and also any general ideas you guys have (this is my first post so if for some reason I broke any rules I'm sorry I look at the guidelines later)  

• Like 1

One thing that you have to look at is that the bents are constructed with larger than standard members. Replacing the headers with RMC's headers will require more modification to their system and the supports already in place. Yes it is possible, but to retrofit RMC on an old Arrow mine train will have challenges like nothing they have ever done before.

I can see it being done but it would not be like the others they have done, it would have to remain a kid friendly ride. And for that reason I don't see it being converted. And I am well aware of lightning rod with it being a family ride.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

You forgot one of the founding principle rules of KICentral, though shall not mess with Adventure Express.

I have never ridden an RMC, but I have trouble envisioning what an RMC conversion could do for AE's existing hybrid track (if one considers it a hybrid to begin with and not just a steel coaster that happens to sit on a wooden frame.  AE is not rough in the classic wooden coaster sense.  It has strong laterals; I would think an RMC wouldn't change that much at all.  At that point, you are just spending money to say you are getting an RMC without taking advantage of all that RMC can give you.

If/When KI gets an RMC, it should be a new ride from the ground up.  Adventure Express works perfect as a solid family coaster that is the first step beyond FAAC for many kids.

• Like 7

So one thing is that I have not ridden AE yet. Let me Explain, so I have gone to Kings Island since I was 3 years old always lived in Ohio all my life.

I was very scared of coasters,  I  was only brave enough to get on  Woodstock express Ace flying Airel Chase (something like that) and that snoopy ride you go up and down that track. this year my dad got me a 2 days pass. there really aren't into coaster my dad told me the reason he hates them is that one day he went and his buds egged him on to beast and he said it was the most intense thing ever. and my mom is just scared of them. Anyways I would go with my friends in their family.  during the drive there I was shaking. obviously, these people love coasters. so first they went on Delirium I was ok with it because I can take spinning coasters. but I hated drops like D-Back. So after that, I was trying to get on a smaller coaster so I suggested AE. Then they said it's a baby coaster and it isn't fun. Then they said Racer. Understand this was my first Big Coaster.  I was literally shizzing on myself. But I said I'm getting on Was super fun after that I got on a few more Rides Then I got on Banshee and D-Back great rides. After that I got Obsessed with coaster Know I know a good amount about them. still, haven't rode AE. but seeing POV's of the ride it doesn't look too intense but I can't judge until I ride. I just thought RMC would be nice. obviously, I didn't think about things like you guys did. But if we did get an RMC where would it be built. I'm not sure but is there some Space behind Firehawk & FoF. But in General how much more space do we have to build Coasters 

Wait Guys. I'm starting to think. When I went to KI this summer I remember seeing a while walking to see The Bat I saw an abandoned station, was this the station For SoB. anyways while reading about Banshee I heard it takes 1/2 of the space that SoB took. Soooo could that be a place that they could Build an RMC coaster?  Just Theorizing Guys

Thx for the warm welcome btw can you link me to the rules around here 

For reference, here's the rules link: http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/4128-terms-of-service/

It basically boils down to respecting each other, citing your source if you use someone else's content (especially photos/video), and being careful to not post false information.

Hope you enjoy your time here!

• Like 1

that building is the old SOB station, its now a regular haunt during the falls.

There is a ton of space around KI that things could be built on, much of in areas that would require a decent amount of site work, some of it an areas that are not quite as obvious to the casual eye.  I can't recall anyone stating that they thought KI would build something on the scale of a Mister T where that thing is going; it just wasn't obvious how much space they had there.  You also have to take into account that both buildings and rides eventually meet the end of their servicability, so things that seem pretty standard now, are moved or town down for capital improvements.

You could fit a good sized coaster in and around the big brown box that once housed TRTR, even use the building for part of the ride similar to what CW did with their mountain.  How much usefulness does Timberwolf still have?  There is the rest of the land back behind Banshee, there is a decent sized area in and around Tower Gardens that could house some flats or a small wild mouse type coaster.  There is the Dinosaurs Alive plot of land, the old action theater, etc...  All kinds of areas that could be used from anything ranging from a small flat or two up to a huge Giga or expansive RMC.

The last thing KI is worried about is space; they have far bigger things to worry about like keeping Vortex from sinking :)

By they way, AE is "only" a kiddie ride to someone who thinks that a coaster has to be the tallest or have the most inversions to be fun.  Its a vastly different experience than The Racers, The Beast, Diamondback, etc...  Sure it is very accommodating to families and younger, less experienced riders, but that in no means you can't have fun on it.  But what the heck, I have fun on The Beastie, just wish I could get my daughter to ride the thing the way her older brother did when he was 3/4.

• Like 3

It is an acronym for Tomb Raider: The Ride, which was later changed to The Crypt. It is teh big tan box back by beast that the cave entrance in Rivertown would lead into.

I also have to say I agree with medford. Not saying AE couldn't be converted into an RMC but I think it would be a waste. AE is still doing fine as is, plus it has a very low profile and very compact so would be very limiting for RMC to redo it. I think it would be both easier for them and better for KI/general public if RMC build a brand new coaster from scratch elsewhere in the park that they could make taller and able to do more with.

• Like 2

The only way I could see RMC messing with it and keeping it in a similar spirit to the original is if they made it into a launch coaster (nothing above 40 mph), and absolutely no inversions.   However, it has to keep all the tunnels as well as the helix through the ruins.  Yes, that includes keeping the 2nd lift as is.  

• Like 3

The main thing I wouldn't mind seeing changed is a new end so you actually have some sort of drop after the second lift. Could just be a quick element, like a crop into an upward helix/turn to the brake run. Simple but give something after the threats than just a few foot dip into the brakes. Would love to see them enhance the themeing though. Working elements in the first couple again like the spears moving, and rockwork and leds to simulate lava/magma int eh volcano tunnel. The wood sides and spinning red light just doesn't do ti for the theme on it. 

• Like 1

My 7 year old thinks Adventure Express is a good coaster. Some older kids, teenagers, and adults probably consider it a baby ride as they are now tall enough to ride the more intense coasters. Having said all this, now that my son is big enough to do the coasters with the 48" required height, these rides have become more fun for me to share with him. But not everyone has that. 

Welcome to KIC!

• Like 1