Happy New Year/Trip Goals for 2017

Happy New Year from your KIC team! We hope 2017 brings you lots of fun at Kings Island or any other park!

Besides Kings Island what would be your trip goals for 2017? This could be anything from trying a ride you have not done at Kings Island, or visit a certain park across the country or abroad.

2016 was good for me with more parks trips than I have ever taken. I spent around 30 days in a park in 2016 with my son, electricsun, and IBEW_Sparky! In 2016 I made my first trip to KD. An awesome park!

In 2017 I hope to make it to Carowinds, take electricsun to Holiday World and Kentucky Kingdom!

• Like 9

Coaster-wise, 2016 was a good year for me with 14 visits to Kings Island & a record 6 new parks.

This year, my goals (for now) are Hersheypark and some park with RMC IBox track on an operating ride. A return visit to Holiday World is long overdue, and I plan to get to Kennywood (for the first time since 2014) when silver2005 is over that way.

• Like 2

If everything works out the way I plan I should be on track to add 4 new parks to my list this year...

Major events planned this year:

Coasterstock

Holiwood Nights (with a stop at Kentucky Kingdom on the way home)

Whirlwind week-long trip in July (Lakemont, Dorney, Knoebels, Memphis Kiddie Park and Cedar Point in that order...).

Other things I'm considering:

Return to Holiday World in late August for Rock the World (Skillet is playing this year)

Weekend trip to Indiana Beach in September

In addition there will be the usual trips to KI (probably once a week during daily operation like I did last year), a few trips to Coney at some point (hopefully at least one being for Balloon Glow) and hopefully at least one trip to Stricker's Grove, especially since my niece can ride all the kiddie rides there this year.

• Like 2

Will stick to CF and SF parks as we will have SP to both. SFSTL for certain as grandparents want to go to the waterpark with the boys and we have places to stay. The boys do much better with splitting up the day between the waterpark and dry park. WoF is just 4 hours from there but I suspect they will be coastered out after getting beat up at SFSTL.

So I am considering 1 or 2 eastern trips. Carrowinds for a couple of days and maybe add on KD if they aren't tired out/suffering Minecraft detox. Would like to hit NJFTP but don't want to pay ~$40 a head for 4 hours at a waterpark so maybe have Dorney as the base of operations with a day trip NJ.

We also have 1 or 2 weeks of Boy Scout Camp to work around as well.

• Like 1

I might just give Cedar Point a go sometime in the coming season.

You definitely need to do this. I went up to Cedar Point in 2014 for the first time and was not disappointed. I love it more than Kings Island, honestly.

2017 is my 4th season with a Platinum Pass. Kings Island and Cedar Point are both a given. Definitely wanting to try to get down to Dollywood for the first time, as well as Holiday World. Wouldn't mind making a return trip to Carowinds (last visit was when Fury 325 opened) and Kings Dominion (last visit 2014)

For 2016, 26 visits to Kings Island and 5 to Cedar Point. 1 visit apiece to Indiana Beach and to Kentucky Kingdom.

Besides KI's Opening Day for Mystic Timbers, I'd love to get to Carowinds to ride Nighthawk. Also, a NorCal trip may be in the cards, but this doesn't seem terribly likely this year (though I will miss not being able to ride V2 at SFDK). Alternatives include Cedar Point (the most likely option) or Six Flags Great America (possible, but I'm leaning towards a CP trip b/c Rougerau/Valravn/Millie/Maverick). Also, a Wisconsin trip (for Mt Olympus/Timber Falls) is most likely in the works.

EDIT: I'd also like to try to return to Kentucky Kingdom for some more T3, Eye of The Storm, and those old-school waterslides.

With a new baby in tow (Rob was born on December 19th), my visits for 2017 will likely be to Kings Island and Coney Island only.  (We downgraded our passes from Platinum to Gold for this year because of the baby).  There is an outside chance that the extended family may take a trip to Hilton Head or Myrtle Beach in August, and if that happens, then we will likely squeeze in a visit to Carowinds.  I haven`t been on Fury 325, and I hear that the ride is awesome.

• Like 3

It is my goal to ride coasters every month in 2017.  I'm going to SFOG this week, Knotts/SFMM/Disneyland/Castles and Coasters next month.  March is iffy right now, and then all months for the rest of the year will be covered, but TBD. 

If I get my vacation request, June will be PA/NJ time.

I'd like to make it back to KD and Cwinds, but that may not be effcient.  But KD is such a great park...sooooo....

• Like 4

I would love to make it to Dollywood this year. My family got season passes and they have bring a friend tickets, so we're going but we're not sure exactly when.

I'd love to go to Kings Island too, it's been too long. But I don't know if that will happen this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

When I receive my tax return, I am purchasing Platinum Passes. The plan is one trip to Cedar Point to introduce my son to that park. At least two trips to Kings Island...one trip will be for two days so he can experience the water park on the second day, more night rides on The Beast, and of course, Mystic Timbers. 

• Like 3