Forum software upgrade

• 3 weeks later...

On the right side of the forum home page, there is a list of recent threads and a list of recent posts. However, I noticed that the list of threads changed a while back from the most recently created threads to the most recently active threads, regardless of the thread's age. This makes the list mostly redundant to the list of most recent posts right below it. Any chance we can get the old behavior of showing the newest threads back? I frequently used that list to determine if there was something new warranting immediate attention, and would like to have it back. Thanks!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a bug to report. This is the second time it's done this to me, and I can't pinpoint any way to reproduce it, unfortunately. Occasionally, a new post in a thread won't show up as new, or indeed show up at all, in the thread list. It shows up in the forum list, both in the "last post" column and by marking the forum unread. It shows up in the thread itself, including the bar across the screen that normally separates old posts from unread posts. But on the thread list, there is no sign of the post, with the thread marked read and showing the last post as the post previous to the bugged post. After reading the post, everything is correctly marked as read, but the thread list continues to not show the post in the last post column. This time around, it was Kenban's 11:59am post in the Giga Speculation Thread under Rumors (which I've now read) that was showing this problem.

There have been errors with posting today, which silver2005 alerted me about. A consistency error in the MySQL database was to blame, apparently resulting from an ill-timed reboot of the VPS.

I repaired the errors and checked the tables, so all should be good now. If anyone sees more errors, let me know; sorry for the inconvenience!

• 2 weeks later...

The issues with searching and with "like" votes should resolve themselves automatically, once automated database updates are complete.

Either Dane or I will get the formatting glitches fixed sometime tonight or in the morning. In short, the latest InvisionPower upgrade contains style changes that require margin and border sizes in the theme to be updated.

We had a suite of reactions for a little bit. What happened to those? You had me excited for those, and then you took them away?

EDIT: Also, I'm still seeing a margin/padding issue in the post boxes, where the text is touching the line between that box and the user details box. Ubuntu 17.04, Firefox 55.0b14, KICentral Bright theme.

Edited by jcgoble3

^ The reactions feature was introduced in the InvisionPower 4.2 update. I had it on briefly while testing it, but I'm not sure whether we will use it or not. That's a question for Dane.

Reactions expands the "like" feature to include responses like "haha" and "sad". Some message boards have had it for a long time, but it's becoming more popular since Facebook added it to their platform last year.

There is apparently an issue that signing into the forum with Tapatalk doesn't work. We'll have that fixed shortly. (EDIT: fixed as of 11:16am)

18 hours ago, jcgoble3 said:

@malem As you were viewing my post above, I edited in an issue that I'm still seeing. Can you confirm that issue?

EDIT: Also, tags still aren't displaying properly anywhere but the edit box.

I fixed the display issue, but I haven't had time to look into the tagging issue yet.

• Thanks 1