Seaworld San Diego announces Electric Eel

With just mere days into 2017, SeaWorld San Diego announced a new roller coaster coming in Summer 2018. Called Electric Eel, this Premier Rides Sky Rocket II model will be the second for the chain.

The first was at Busch Gardens Williamsburg with 2015's Tempesto. This model coaster stands 150 feet tall where riders enter a heartline inversion at the highest point

http://www.aceonline.org/AceNewsNow/?article=10660&RSSupd=20170103&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

ElectricEelEntry-highres.jpg

http://www.aceonline.org/AceNewsNow/Files/10660/ElectricEelEntry-highres.jpg

• Like 1

Haven't seen the teaser vid yet, but from what I see from the pictures, I like the color scheme, but I don't really think it fits the theme... I feel black track, yellow spine and purple rails (with maybe turquoise supports) would work well. I think the all turquoise look would more befit a coaster with an edgy, new millienium theme. Then again, I haven't seen the teaser, so I'll reserve further judgement until then.

I just saw the video (thanks for posting, Chris! :D) and I pretty much stand by my comments earlier. I'm not putting the ride down in any way (I have not yet ridden a Sky Rocket II and I think I'd really enjoy it based on my love for Intamin Impulse Coasters), but I think the colors would be more suited for a ride with a name like SkyChaser, Limit, AeroDiver or something fresh and different like that* (if that makes sense?).

*Think the theming behind the original AIR at Alton Towers, it had that refreshing newness vibe (at least to me)

• Like 1

SeaWorld also got some good (i suppose it could be viewed as good from their end) today in that Tilikum the orca has died.  he was the orca who killed her trainer a few years back, sparking the whole Blackfish debacle.