What do you like the Most about KI?

Xdog42

I know there is a post about Your most memorable time at Kings Island. But this question is mostly about what do you like the most about the park. What there makes it fun for you and makes you want to comeback. Personally for me its just the nice environment and hang out with friends. What is it for you?

(Hopefully this hasn't already been discussed, I search but really didn't see anything similar) 

• Like 1

In addition to the park just being a cool place to hang out and relax, as several others have said, it also helps that if you do decide to ride things (which 99% of the time I assume most will unless you are sick/old/too scared) that the rides themselves are mostly at least good too, and there are plenty of them so if you have a group even if you have a full day you shouldn't run out fun rides to do very quickly- and there is great variety, from mild and relaxing to pretty darn intense. I'd be pretty surprised if someone went to Kings Island, tried a bunch of the rides, and hated ALL of them.

Also it helps that I have never had an issue with Kings Island's staff. Ride Ops, Guest Services, etc etc. all seemed happy and willing to help and never rude. That is always a plus in my book.

It says something that I have been to Kings Island 10 times over the last few years (since 2009- I know, 10 times is nothing to some of you guys who go 100+ times a year), and still have yet to leave in a worse mood than when I came. Even the time we went for Banshee Opening Day in 2014, only rode 3 roller coasters (and nothing else though we did do Dinosaurs Alive!) and got in a minor hit-and-run on our way into the park (the guy who did it got caught BTW) and I still left in a great mood. Then again, Beast at Night seems to be one of the things that will make me happy no matter my mood beforehand. :P

• Like 6

I love going up the Eiffel Tower, get a really nice view of the park!  Also love riding The Beast, The Racer, Banshee, Diamondback and The Monster!   Cirque Imagine and Cirque Origins was nice to watch too!  Pulling into the park and seeing it, you know you are going to have fun! 

• Like 3

I know I might sound crazy, but I don't know if I can even put into words what I love the best about the park. Is it the memories I have there? The people I go there with? The overall atmosphere? The rides? The arcades? Soak City? Yes. ALL of those reasons. I have such an emotional bond to Kings Island, that if I were to honestly describe every single thing about the park that has made my life worth living, I would sound like an obsessive maniac. 

To put it in short, I go into the park feeling like a loser, and come out feeling like a better person.

• Like 5

In my somewhat similar post about best and worst moments, I had the initial walk into the park as a top moment.  That moment you enter the park, see the fountain, smell the fresh air, see the tower...and knowing the rest of the day will be pure awesome.

That initial entrance is the start of what I like best about the park:  that you are sort of "cut off" from the real world, and you are about to be a kid for the rest of the day.  To soak in memories, nostalgia, fun and thrills, while being away from the burdens of a normal day. 

• Like 4

I just like the coasters and overall atmosphere of the park. The landscaping team does a great job at keeping the park nice and I really like the theming and decorations around the park. The statues going up the lift at the end of AE adds a nice touch to the ride. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Every visit is exciting for me. When I was a kid, it was the rides and time with friends. As an adult enjoying time riding with my wife, brother and mom and dad. Now I am sharing the excitement with my son, it is awesome! We live about 1 1/2 hours away, so we only come a couple times a year when we do not have season passes, so we always try to squeeze as much in to each day as possible. But now that we have been season pass holders, I am trying to relax more. 

And the blue ice cream!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I wrote a review on Kings Island's official facebook page of why I love coming to the park over and over again. I grew up going to Kings Island with my whole family. We used to go camping at the Jellystone/Kings Island campground for a few days as well as go into the park for a few days. What I enjoyed the most as a kid was interacting with the Hannah Barbara characters; Yogi Bear was my favorite! I had a picture of me and Yogi at the campground, but it's lost somewhere now. Aside from the characters, I loved how back in the paramount days, every ride had a feel to the movies to them. I remember when The Bat was called Top Gun. I loved how they themed that to being in the movie with Tom Cruise and Kelly Mcgillis. The Beast has always been my favorite. When I was shorter, I had to learn how to brace myself for the out of control experience that The Beast throws at you. Still does, which is why it's still my number 1 roller coaster! I agree with what others said about the atmosphere that the park provides. I still get that chill in my body when I get into the Kings Island parking lot. It's sad that the campground is no longer there. I will always always remember our family camping fun we had after a long day in the park. It's also sad that Yogi Bear is no longer there, but on the other hand, I really love looking for Charlie Brown. He's a blockhead just like me.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Ever since I first visited in 2007, Kings Island holds more memories than I can count! One of my favorite memories from my first visit is, surprise surprise, when I saw Vortex for the first time. I remember the awed, intrigued 8-year-old I was, standing in front of the world's first six-inversion coaster, watching for at least ten minutes straight. And if course, I can't forget my first rides on my first ride, the Grand Carousel, as well as riding Fairly Odd Coaster for ten times in a row. :lol:

I love the many friends/acquaintances I have met there, whether they are fellow guests or associates. That rang true on Closing Day 2015, when the crew at Vortex that helped me count down to my 300th ride became my newest group of Kings Island friends!

Kings Island as a whole has helped me become the brave, adventurous thrill seeker I am today. I am a very sentimental person, and one of my favorite things about Kings Island is that many things still remain that proved valuable in the first memories I ever made at this wonderful happy place.

And these memories will continue to multiply with the many experiences that will come my way this season as both a guest and an associate. Little did that 8-year-old know that ten years later she would work her first job on that same six-inversion coaster that would take her upside-down for the first time...

• Like 2