Jump to content
Rivertown Rider

Relocating Rides

Recommended Posts

With CP moving Ripcord to a different location it got me to thinking.  What Kings Island ride/attraction would you re-locate to another area within the park?  Mine would be moving Congo Falls over to the Rivertown area that way all of the water rides were close together.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, welcome!

BLSC would be pretty intense for Planet Snoopy. Current management labels it a 5 (out of 5) on the thrill scale.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the Bathrooms to X-Base....oh wait you said rides.....I stand by my thought :D 

 

But in all seriousness, I'd move WindSeeker to the former Flight Commander ride pad and Gliders to the Icee Stall in Coney Mall.

  • Like 9
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Xtreme Skyflyer to the pond by Viking Fury. I think it would be really cool swinging down on top of the water, plus it would be right next to SlingShot. Keep all the up-charge attractions in one place. 

On the other hand, it would make room to expand the path by Banshee if they wanted to ever use SoB's station for a new roller coaster.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Move Dinosaurs Alive to the Kings Island Miami Valley Railroad and blend the experience.

Put cowboy hats and feather dresses on them and let them have shootouts with each other as the train rides by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2017 at 9:29 AM, Thrill_Biscuit said:

Move Dinosaurs Alive to the Kings Island Miami Valley Railroad and blend the experience.

2 things kids can't get enough of...dinosaurs and trains!  Cool idea.

 

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I must be a Congo Falls apologist, lol.  It doesn't really fit Action Zone, that area as a whole is a bit of a train wreck, but I do enjoy having it there.  A good way to cool off in the summer. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congo Falls is really a remnant from what that area was prior to Action Zone. It was more of a Safari theme as I recall.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Oldiesmann said:

Congo Falls is really a remnant from what that area was prior to Action Zone. It was more of a Safari theme as I recall.

For the life of me I can't remember what the area was properly called prior to the  "action movie" re-theme. But yeah, the monrail safari, King Cobra, Adventure Express, Congo Falls, Cafe Kilamanjaro all fit pretty well together into the jungle theme the area had.

EDIT: From the timeline: "The Wild Animal Habitat theme area is renamed Adventure Village." MAybe that area never had an "official" name prior to it being Adventure Village?

Edited by KeithnDayton
Checked the timeline

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It think it was just called Lion Country Safari and then during the mid-90's it became known as Adventure Village. Adventure Village contained Top Gun, Adventure Express, XS Raceway, Xtreme Skyflyer, Congo Falls, King Cobra, and more. Learn more about Adventure Village here: http://web.archive.org/web/19980112193919/http://www.pki.com/cgi-bin/ParkPages/Advent/Advent.pl

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of all of the areas in KI, I think that Action Zone has the least cohesive theme of any of the areas in the park.  It has always felt like a mish-mash of an area.  I think they could take Banshee and Bat and go towards a more Halloween/Spooky/Dark European theme with that area.  Either way I think Congo Falls would be better served in Rivertown.  Maybe they could bring back Phantom Theater and put it over in Action Zone as it would fit a Halloween theme.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How to finish theming Action Zone

  1. Repaint Drop Tower and rename it Demon Drop.
  2. Move Congo Falls to Rivertown and rename it Kenton's Cove Keelboat Canal.
  3. Fix The Bat que- remove the American flag painting and turn the tunnels in caves, have some rock or darker music playing as you walk to the station. Maybe add some corn or wheat stalks on the other side of the fences to make it feel more isolated from the rest of the park. Also some old Bat audio from the 80s would be nice. 
  4. Give the section it a knew identity like "Scream Zone" or "Thrill Zone." It would be awesome if they brought back the old Bestie vulture and perched on a gate or something. 

Side note, I wish they'd add some lights under The Bat just like they did for Banshee

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of those things come down to ROI.  Number one could be done, but the ride is not in need of a repaint right now (at least from what I can tell.).  Where would you move Congo Falls to in Rivertown?  There isn`t much room and would the cost of moving it boost ridership and be marketable by the park?  I doubt it would be that marketable, unless they did something else to it to spruce it up and make it seem like new.  Same things go for the Bat.  Why go through the expense of those items when it will not increase park attendance or spending by guests (not to mention those items would be another thing that would have to be maintained.).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2017 at 0:59 AM, SonofBaconator said:

Congo Falls to Rivertown. All the water rides would be close to each other and there could be a central drying station

I can see that now that we have Banshee with a misty area in the plaza, but its still nice to have a water ride on that side of the park for hot days since its so far from everything else.

 

On 1/8/2017 at 9:29 AM, Thrill_Biscuit said:

Move Dinosaurs Alive to the Kings Island Miami Valley Railroad and blend the experience.

Have fun moving all those dinos now that we have MT in that area too, but I'm down. One of my favorite things about the version at CP is how its all over the Millenium Force area, which leads to some really cool interactions between the 2. The location right now is perfect and secluded, but imagine dinos in the woods, surrounded by MT/Train/WWC...

 

On 1/7/2017 at 10:40 PM, chugh43 said:

One of the Bathrooms to X-Base....oh wait you said rides.....I stand by my thought :D 

 

But in all seriousness, I'd move WindSeeker to the former Flight Commander ride pad and Gliders to the Icee Stall in Coney Mall.

YES! I don't know how many times I've said this, but there needs to be a bathroom, and maybe some flat rides in X Base. It's too bottlenecked from the rest of the area, and the seclusion of 2 coasters with huge lines far from any restroom is just horrid.  Also, WindSeeker has a much bigger footprint, so it can stay where it is, but flyers would look nice on the Flight Commander pad

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, CoastersRZ said:

A lot of those things come down to ROI.  Number one could be done, but the ride is not in need of a repaint right now (at least from what I can tell.).  Where would you move Congo Falls to in Rivertown?  There isn`t much room and would the cost of moving it boost ridership and be marketable by the park?  I doubt it would be that marketable, unless they did something else to it to spruce it up and make it seem like new.  Same things go for The Bat.  Why go through the expense of those items when it will not increase park attendance or spending by guests (not to mention those items would be another thing that would have to be maintained.).

Delirium didn't really need a repaint but it got one and it looks way better. I personally hate the checker board look and the bright yellow and was happy to see it go. They could have kept The Bat as Flight Deck but they decided to change it and a lot of people really liked the change. They have repainted almost every existing attraction in Action Zone prior to 2014 except for Drop Tower. 

I am not doubting nor am I arguing against your logic. I know from a marketing and economic standpoint some of what I said isn't feasible. However, I am just speaking on sheer imagination and not business. I did not state that the ideas I said would make the park more money or increase per capita spending. I would be equally amazed if anything I mentioned would increase guest spending. Will any of these things that I listed happen? Maybe, but probably not. I believe that a lot of ideas people have on this site wouldn't really make a lot of scene from a business standpoint but they are good ideas nonetheless. I think you'll find that there are a ton of people that have their own ideas of things that they would like to see, even if they don't make sense money wise. As a business student I completely understand that everything is always about money but a little imagination goes a long way. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand completely.  I wasn`t intending to dash any imagination or creative juices.  

I mean I love the look that they put into the new funnel cake building in Rivertown.  They could have probably built it cheaper by not including the thematic elements they did, but having them present definitely helps with the placemaking and tying it in to the theme of Rivertown.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2017 at 10:00 AM, SonofBaconator said:

How to finish theming Action Zone

  1. Repaint Drop Tower and rename it Demon Drop.
  2. Move Congo Falls to Rivertown and rename it Kenton's Cove Keelboat Canal.
  3. Fix The Bat que- remove the American flag painting and turn the tunnels in caves, have some rock or darker music playing as you walk to the station. Maybe add some corn or wheat stalks on the other side of the fences to make it feel more isolated from the rest of the park. Also some old Bat audio from the 80s would be nice. 
  4. Give the section it a knew identity like "Scream Zone" or "Thrill Zone." It would be awesome if they brought back the old Bestie vulture and perched on a gate or something. 

Side note, I wish they'd add some lights under The Bat just like they did for Banshee

I love this idea as a whole, minus the names you came up with for Action Zone. I do everything you have said & id call that area of the park Haunted Hill.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While it certainly be would be nice if Congo Falls was in Rivertown and BLSC was in Action Zone, allow me to just say that uprooting large rides just to install them into better fitting areas makes almost no sense from an investment standpoint.

The gain from investment on such actions would be practically zero.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Some rides could used moved out of the park. Ive never seen an actual line for the carousal and the Scrambler and Monster are carnival knock offs.


Carnival knock offs? You do realize there’s plenty of kids that come to the park and like those rides. Kings Island isn’t just about high thrill rides like coasters.
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Backlot Stunt Coaster#1 said:

Some rides could used moved out of the park. Ive never seen an actual line for the carousal and the Scrambler and Monster are carnival knock offs.

 

The Carousel was made by the Philadelphia Toboggan Company and opened at Coney Island in 1926. The ride itself survived numerous floods throughout its time at Coney. Each of the horses are hand carved.  It was relocated to Kings Island when the park opened in 1972. In fact, it still retains its original band organ which can still be heard on occasion at the park. There was a poster here who actually was working on restoring the band organ in its entirety. It’s far from a carnival knock off. Relocating the ride would be borderline criminal, much like the removal of the Flying Eagles (also from Coney Island) to “make room” for what now is the Backlot Stunt Coaster. 

And it also has an actual line most of the time. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, beastfan11 said:

 

The Carousel was made by the Philadelphia Toboggan Company and opened at Coney Island in 1926. The ride itself survived numerous floods throughout its time at Coney. Each of the horses are hand carved.  It was relocated to Kings Island when the park opened in 1972. In fact, it still retains its original band organ which can still be heard on occasion at the park. There was a poster here who actually was working on restoring the band organ in its entirety. It’s far from a carnival knock off. Relocating the ride would be borderline criminal, much like the removal of the Flying Eagles (also from Coney Island) to “make room” for what now is the Backlot Stunt Coaster. 

And it also has an actual line most of the time. 

Don’t feed the trolls...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, flightoffear1996 said:

I would move Back Lot Stunt Coaster to the trash.  

Not a fan of The Beast or BLSC. What coasters do you like?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...