Where would you want KI to build their Giga? (if they do)

Xdog42

So I think almost everyone thinks KI next coaster will be a Giga. But where will they build such a coaster, Many People say it be awesome to put it in the front entrance, But is there enough space up there? Anyways my question is Where do you want the Giga to be built. Practically were do you think the best place to put the coaster is. Where would it look the Nicest at? (btw I'm not questing if KI has enough space to build it I'm  just wondering where it should go 

(personal thought: I think it would be sweet if they made the coaster about 330ft+ so they can say the coaster is 100ft taller the Diamondback)

I have also heard many people say the color scheme of the coaster should be Green, but for some reason that feels too much like fury. I don't know why but I think I would Like a Gray and White color scheme or Maybe Black and Gold. 

In my opinion, adding a 300 ft roller coaster near the front entrance of the park will absolutely butcher the skyline.  I definitely think we will get a giga eventually and definitely think it should be put behind Racer or somewhere near X-Base and the old SOB rose bowl section.  It would definitely not look good at the front of the park.  Guests really should be focused on the beauty of International Street and the Eiffel Tower when they first enter the park (and I still don't like how Invertigo stands out).  With 300+ feet, the coaster will add perfectly to the skyline from the interstate if it's put behind everything else in the back of the park.

Color scheme-wise, I personally think that a dark purple and light gray color scheme would look amazing.

• Like 6

Either start it in X-Base or Action Zone and run the layout behind Banshee and Adventure Express.  There's a TON of room there for an adequate giga coaster.  It would also kind of make the skyline look more symmetrical-esque with Diamondback and the giga on either side of the Eiffel Tower.  As bad as SOB was, seeing it and Diamondback on either side of the park looked impressive.  

That and it would necessitate restrooms in X-Base. ;)

• Like 7

1 hour ago, chuck norris said:

More than a giga, I'd like to see correct spelling in thread titles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My bad for this mistake, I was rushing with this post and didn't see I put There instead of Their. Thanks for making me aware of this error I appreciate it. 

• Like 1

this is going to be extremely odd, but I don't think a giga is right at Kings Island as the park currently sits, I think you will need to remove Dinosaurs Alive, then make an entire new area of the park, call it a two year expansion similar to how they introduced Son of Beast, add some major flat rides in that area then the following year add the giga going behind Firehawk towards The Bat and have its turn around there.

• Like 1

I Personally think they can build the Giga without removing Dinosaurs Alive but Cedar Fair SERIOUSLY needs to remove DA and do something with that space. I feel like DA is actually dead and has minimal attendance, probably the only thing I dislike abut KI.

6 minutes ago, Xdog42 said:

I Personally think they can build the Giga without removing Dinosaurs Alive but Cedar Fair SERIOUSLY needs to remove DA and do something with that space. I feel like DA is actually dead and has minimal attendance, probably the only thing I dislike abut KI.

If it's making money then why throw it out? They would have removed it by now if it wasn't.

1 minute ago, rhyano said:

If it's making money then why throw it out? They would have removed it by now if it wasn't.

Yes, it could be making the cash. But I think they could do better things with that plot of land. KI is spending probably lots of money to keep those animatronic's up they could spend on better and bigger things. I don't why but I dislike the idea and just think its a waste. 

CF obviously thought differently, as the contract for Dinosaurs Alive was renewed last year.  As I said when people were going crazy over a little bit of ground being moved behind Banshee last year, its going to take a LOT of work to make the ground in that area feasible for an installation the size and scope of a giga.  Remember, its not just dumping the steel structure in there like a game of RCT2, there are underground utilities, outbuildings, the station structure and the large amount of concrete pad and standing/walking area around it, and a path from populated areas... be it Action Zone, X Base, or Coney Mall.... that need to be taken into consideration.   It was also made very clear last year by Matt Ouimet that the entrance to KI is in no danger of being reconfigured to accommodate a new ride, so any ideas of a Gatekeeper-esque I-Street flyover can be put to rest.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, IBEW_Sparky said:

CF obviously thought differently, as the contract for Dinosaurs Alive was renewed last year.

Wow, I guess people do like it. Well at the end of the day I guess the GP matters more than us when it comes to $.

I think Action Zone behind Banshee would be the ideal fit for a Giga. The area for the most part is already cleared and they could reuse the old SOB location / station. I really like the idea of using forced perspective with the Eiffel Tower by making the Eiffel Tower seem as if it is the tallest structure in the park, considering its the centerpiece of the park. 

• Like 5

I agree with some other that the best area would be the remaining footprint left from SOB. Could reuse the station and run it out back behind Banshee. 

However I think using space running behind Racer/X-Base would be good too, plus having the station towards the south end of Coney Mall would help break up crowds and major attractions better. Putting it in AZ next to Banshee would have the two major coaster installations right next to each other in an area that already bottlenecks and gets crowded. DB and MT at least has a more open walkway are and both sit off the main path a little bit. This would spread major attractions out a little bit more in general too. Woud have Banshee in the north end at AZ, a giga in the southeast corner of the park, Beast on the south end, and DB and MT on the western part of the park.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2017 at 3:15 PM, Xdog42 said:

I ... say the color scheme of the coaster should be ... Black and Gold. 

Woah, Woah, Woah. Hold it right there! That color scheme violates one of the unwritten Commandments... That suggestion might fly at a park in West Mifflin, PA but here... not so much.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, BloodBlade21 said:

Woah, Woah, Woah. Hold it right there! That color scheme violates one of the unwritten Commandments... That suggestion might fly at a park in West Mifflin, PA but here... not so much.

What Commandment did I break this time?  

3 hours ago, chugh43 said:

Look at your avatar.....black and gold? Something your avatar doesn't go with.

3 hours ago, IBEW_Sparky said:

Simply put... "Dey" wouldnt like a Steelers coaster in their back yard.

OMG I FEEL LIKE SUCH A TRADER... I Did not mean to betray Who Dey. I really am disgusted with myself..... You know on second hand I think I will like a Black & ORANGE color scheme more. Chug and IBEW_Sparky thanks for saving me for my own Stupidy  

I think I speak for almost everyone when I say that KI should install a giga in X-Base. There's so much land back their aside from DA for them to work with. I honestly think Coney Mall is done adding new coasters so I'd love to see X-Base get some much needed attention and give people a good reason to visit that section of the park. Green track with grey supports would be a nice attention grabber.