Kings Island Regrets?

Creed Bratton

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 3:42 PM, Xdog42 said:

Not riding beast at night, For some reason It never dawned on me to get on it at night. Personally still kicking myself in the butt, But on the better side of things,  I will have the opportunity to do it in about 3 months when the park opens again. 

The Beast at night it probably my favorite ride ever! Last year, I rode it at about 10:30 after it had rained, and it was pitch black dark out on the track, the first drop and helix were covered in a misty fog, I was riding in the very back, could barely see, and it was magical. I don't think I'll ever forget it! Not to mention the fact that before we boarded they had to remove some raccoons from the track!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2017 at 0:23 PM, flightoffear1996 said:

I regret not ride the antique cars more.  As a young kid around 12 I just wasn't interested that much in them.  Now as an adult I really miss them and the atmosphere they provided.

I really miss these cars!! My son and I would have a blast on these today!

I've kinda been thinking about this one for a few days. And I just really can't think of many regrets when it comes to the park itself. Lots of i wishes? Yea. I wish I could have rode King Cobra more than I did (5 or 6). Wish I could've rode SOB. Really enjoyed KCKC. Love to take a couple more laps on it. Inevitably more changes will happen that will change my wish list one way or another. Time will tell. I can't complain about much though. Met some great folks, great times. Very much look forward to the future. 

The only real regret I have is not getting to take mom as I got older. When I was finally in a position in my life where I could have made that happen, it wasn't possible. She was the person who started the amusement park/coaster love I have. As much as she loved doin that for me 30+ years ago, it would have been nice to do it once for her.

Nothing last forever. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I definitely regret deciding to not renew my gold pass after the 2012 season and falling away from the roller coaster scene for a while. Nothing surprised me more than when I got on YouTube a few months ago and found out that Colossus had been given the RMC treatment (yes I was extremely out of the loop haha). I also regret not getting more park maps during my visits to the park because I now have some large gaps throughout my collection.

Edited by RaiderLAS
Typo
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, KatieF said:

I regret not riding The Racer backwards, and I wish I had gotten the chance to ride Phantom Theater. I think the first time I had went to KI--it was already Scooby Doo themed. 

I miss it being backwards! I do wish it still was, it made it really fun and different. It was a fun twist on traditional dueling coasters.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KatieF said:

I regret not going more often when the kids park was all Nickelodeon. I'm still a huge Nick fan, and I prefer it over Snoopy! I wish it was still there!

To me I think the themeing is more of generation thing. Some prefer HB over Nick and PS. My kids did not bat an eye when it changed from Nick to PS. Not one comment was made about the change.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

To me I think the themeing is more of generation thing. Some prefer HB over Nick and PS. My kids did not bat an eye when it changed from Nick to PS. Not one comment was made about the change.

I absolutely agree that it's generational. I was obsessed with Rugrats in the 90's, so seeing Chuckie and Angelica through the park was very exciting for me. 

• Like 2

• 6 years later...