Dollywood Opening Weekend 2017

Creed Bratton

Coaster Crew will be hosting Lightning Rod Roundup:2 at Dollywood opening weekend!! 

We are currently working out details, but this is what we're working on right now:

Morning Tour on a TBD attration (last year was Mystery Mine)
Cinnamon Bread breakfast (worth the trip alone)
A Meal in the pavilions
VIP show seating
Evening ERT on Lightning Rod
And More!!

You can follow updates here:  https://www.facebook.com/events/239790093116309/

Hope you all can join us!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CoastersRZ said:

We went last year.  The event was a blast, even though Lightning Rod didn`t open in time.  I would highly recommend it.  

Unfortunately, with a newborn at home (four weeks old tomorrow), we likely won`t be making it this year.

I know you are new parents, but after a few months you will be putting that child in thier car seat and getting out of the house doing the things you enjoy. Maybe not as often as before, but you will adjust and make it work. 

IndyGuy4KI, a parent of three and still makes a lot of trips to parks. Loves taking his oldest with him who also has a platinum pass.

• Like 2

I know it's a vague question, but are we to the point now where we can reliably say that Lightning Rod will be open?  I hate to be "that guy" but I've been putting off my next trip there for a while now because I don't want to go on a day when it's down.

10 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I know it's a vague question, but are we to the point now where we can reliably say that Lightning Rod will be open?  I hate to be "that guy" but I've been putting off my next trip there for a while now because I don't want to go on a day when it's down.

From what I've heard from videos of No Coaster Con in Chicago where Pete Owens spoke, it seems like they are putting in all efforts to get it fixed to run more reliably. I have a friend who works in the rides office who has said the park has been in constant contact with RMC/third-parties as work is completed to ensure it runs smoothly. 

We won't know until closer to time whether it'll be open or not which kind of stinks. 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...