Kings Island should have a Winter tour like Cedar Point's Winter Chill Out

Thabto

I think Kings Island should have an off-season tour like Cedar Point's Winter Chill Out. I'm actually surprised this hasn't spread over to other parks in the chain. It's a highly successful event at Cedar Point. It sold out in less than a week this year. And best of all, the proceeds go to a good cause. At CP's event you get to go on behind the scenes tours, take a look at the shops and see the work going on and a presentation from park staff with some surprise announcements. Would you attend such an event if it were offered at Kings Island? Even though I'm 4 hours away, I certainly would even though I would likely have to get a hotel in the area depending on what time of the day it was. That being said, I hope to be able to check out Winterfest next year.

• Like 4

They used to have something called KIC Winter Blues Event when Diamondback was constructed, don't know why they stopped it. I think since KI didn't have any new projects planned and Don is constantly on social media about park updates and winter projects that the group outing was not something the park was considering having anymore. Maybe if enough people showed and paid for charity group outing they may reconsider starting it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

On 1/18/2017 at 11:32 AM, jdf21972 said:

They used to have something called KIC Winter Blues Event when Diamondback was constructed, don't know why they stopped it. I think since KI didn't have any new projects planned and Don is constantly on social media about park updates and winter projects that the group outing was not something the park was considering having anymore. Maybe if enough people showed and paid for charity group outing they may reconsider starting it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, it was also a one time thing.  It's not like we did it for 8 years and abruptly stopped.  Also, for those who were there, we had to split the event over two weekends because it snowed the day of the event and they couldn't let us walk the park.

• Like 2

• 11 months later...

They occasionally have had some construction tours in the off season.  But those were many many years ago (Boomerang Bay expansion, and Backlot Stunt Coaster in 2004 and 2005 respectively).  We did have a KIC event in the winter when Diamondback was being built in early 2009.  But nothing officially sponsored by the park like Winter Chill Out at Cedar Point to my knowledge.

• Like 1

Those who were wanting to attend Cedar Point's Winter Chill Out in 2018 and didn't get a ticket yet, unfortunately/fortunately tickets sold out overnight. 

@acole5292, @pianoman, @malem and I will be attending the 10:30 tour! 

I think KI could do a successful event as well with the popularity of the event at CP. Like CP, KI could give behind the scenes tours, have a Q&A session with park officials, release information to attendees before it's out to the public (like CP did with Shoot The Rapids removal, etc.), have a lunch and of course exclusive goodies. The profits for the event could go toward A Kid Again (like CP does) or another local charity. 

• Like 5

On 1/23/2017 at 1:30 AM, BoddaH1994 said:

Well, it was also a one time thing.  It's not like we did it for 8 years and abruptly stopped.  Also, for those who were there, we had to split the event over two weekends because it snowed the day of the event and they couldn't let us walk the park.

That's funny, Google Photos just sent a "remember this day" notification about that date...I can't believe that's been 9 years ago! 

Here's a few pics from that day:

gdOOnmSlLV0u3ptYtoiIjLHUB28ggwdzIr3K5J1Y

-vHXqOrHYH4an3kKZrZki-obJJ4SQMnRDtO48ILP

ChhcnQaSGts8iXjRgVU1gMJVdU4VjhnWlDghwODP

u6-Vr-FBFsVNFoGLlm3r_sFNUKy6zj0JaErXyoqy

FK7gOYs1AY193OIGi7PgthCRxKnZ6GDGrNDrLZ5w

jy0ysOWHNgfMrEmHf8mD7uy96dLNw9ecBS4pzk4Z

Fel5q0zqYJ9gUOrs1PxFq5qDvys-J9OxeZteRyO9

oFr5jJsvE2kvRSbx9fkAxU0-B0tsF7tWdA1m6u2U

• Like 13