CoasterMania & HoliWood Nights 2017

• 2 months later...

These events are now less than two weeks away!

CoasterMania is nearly sold out, but a few tickets (<<100) remain. Those wishing to attend should purchase ASAP.

Online registration for HoliWood Nights ends this Saturday, May 27. On-site registration is available (though the $15 procrastination tax applies).

• Like 1

I'll be attending my third Coastermania this year. My first year was a disappointment. There were huge crowds which defeated the purpose of ERT and there wasn't much else aside from that and the lunch. But it was free. However when they started charging and limiting attendance, the difference was night and day. Much lower crowd levels and the cruise was added and the cruise alone was worth the cost. However, since CP is my home park and I go many times throughout the year, I'm even wondering why I should participate in an upcharge event and be there at ungodly hours when I can ride those coasters any time. Attending Coasterstock gave me that thought. Since I'm 4 hours away from KI and I don't go there as often, that seems more worth it. Plus all the stuff that was included like the drink wristbands (although I have the season drink plan), the lunch, the t-shirt and the bag. I'm starting to think maybe I should've done HWN instead, I've never been to HW.

I'm excited to be attending my first HoliWood Nights next weekend. I haven't been to Holiday World since May 2013, so I'm very much overdue for a visit.

Just a reminder that the online registration deadline for HoliWood Nights is tomorrow, Saturday, May 27. A few CoasterMania tickets are still available as well.

On 5/21/2017 at 10:06 PM, Thabto said:

However, since CP is my home park and I go many times throughout the year, I'm even wondering why I should participate in an upcharge event and be there at ungodly hours when I can ride those coasters any time.

I'd be there if not for wanting to finally attend HWN. From the looks of things in Frontier Town, next year is a lock for CoasterMania.

Club events are great for running into enthusiast friends (or making new ones), and night ERT is relatively rare. Then there's the CoasterMania Cruise, Q&A sessions, event merchandise, and more. It's a pretty good value, even at ~$40.

• Like 1

HW is not too packed today. Voyage is having estop issues that will hopefully be fixed by ERT.

I love the reuse policy here. We did 2 rides on Legend without gettingout because there was no one waiting to get on that seat.

My son was consoling someone that had to take a WOS

20170603_170311.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2017 at 10:39 PM, Nick_Plummer said:

Small bump but I made a little video of rides from my Holiwood Nights Trip. Hope you guys enjoy!

Great video! Bummed I couldn't go with you guys, but glad you had a blast!