2017 Gold & Platinum Passholder Preview Night

rcwizard13

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, LongLiveTheSmurfRide said:

Meh, that's slightly disheartening. Might skip opening day then.

Yeah, that was my thought too when I saw that all passholders are invited.  The last two season pass preview nights were really nice, laid back affairs.  Reasonable lines both years even with nice weather.  It was one of the nicer nights that Kings Island had through the year.  Having said that...

You have two things working against that this year:

• Friday of opening weekend this year is Good Friday.  The last two years that was not the case.
  • Mystic Timbers will be open to the public for the first time.

With the opening of a big new coaster I'd imagine that Kings Island didn't want their Guest Services department flooded with irate passholders that were denied access just because they didn't renew in the fall.  On a positive note, the hour of ERT on Mystic Timbers on Tuesdays in May and June will be great.  I am very much looking forward to those evenings. 

• Like 2

Hey folks, new member here.  I assume a Platinum Pass is a Platinum Pass no matter where your home park is?  In other words, preview night isn't somehow limited to just Gold and Platinum Passes purchased at KI - i'm hoping.

Also, last year's preview night at Cedar Point was as busy as a Halloweekend because Ohio State alumni had a private event that same day and they stayed all night too.  Does this type of thing happen at KI on preview day?

Looking forward to bringing my 11 year old down for his second trip.  I am a KI veteran from way back in the 70's - yes I remember the red double-decker buses as a kid taking us between the Inn and the front gates.

• 1 month later...

Bumping this since its getting close. How early is everyone planning on going and how early do we think the parking lot will open. I CANNOT get off work due to I work in retail and its busy Easter weekend its blackout no PTO but I'm going to try to at least leave a couple hours early to beat traffic and get in line!

Yah I want to try and leave work around 2 and get there by 3 as well. Also hoping since its Good Friday traffic shouldnt be too bad. Schools by me on spring break and some businesses probably closed too. 

• Like 1

I guess my retail job was being nice to me for allowing me to take PTO for next Friday, I'm also off the entire weekend, which I only work one Sunday a month anyway. So looking forward to next Friday.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

No way lol... Shoe Carnival... everybody gotta get their Easter shoes I guess...        Anyways back on topic ONE WEEK to go. I hope theres $1 deals again. Last year was soft pretzels and ice cream if I remember correctly

• Like 1

Here a question I have that hopefully someone can answer. Myself, wife, and son all have Platinum passes. My 2 year old daughter does not need a pass to get into KI because she's free until the age of 3. Would I be able to bring my daughter with us to pass holder preview night or would they not let her in even though the other 3 of us have Platinum passes? I wouldn't think it would be an issue but I also don't make rules. Thanks for the help guys!!!

• Like 1

I am in no way an authority, but I'm sure you're good to go.  Lately, this country has gone a little crazy in some respects, but that would be insane to disallow a future Platinum pass holder in your situation.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, chugh43 said:

I would call the park to verify before attending. That's always your safest option.

I plan to. I j/w if anyone here knew before I called. I did try to call once yesterday but I'm pretty sure they were already out for the day.