2017 Gold & Platinum Passholder Preview Night

rcwizard13

I was curious does anyone know if they will do the fireworks tonight? I was thinking not since its technically not an open day and is just for gold pass holders. I am bringing my son up and may consider staying a bit later if they are. 

Looking at the webcam and seeing the long line of passholders already lined up for Mystic Timbers and knowing I already rode it seven times last night with basically no line gives me such an awesome feeling.

It looks like they actually have the line going behind and then through the Crypt building.

• Like 2

Man talk about traffic being back up,  looked like just about every road that leads to the park is bumper to bumper.  Sat in traffic on I-71 north from the south entrance ramp to the north ramp, it took 55 minutes to travel that distance.  They must have had a record number of season pass renewals.

• Like 1

Park is packed, lines are long, and there is still a huge line to get into the parking lot. Very very crowded today, most lines are at least an hour or close. MT is much shorter now though.

Somehow i still expect tomorrow to be worse. 

On a lighter note, Tom+Chee bbq bacon is pretty good, as long as you don't mind super stale chips. In case the picture doesn't show it; two pieces of American cheese, a load of crumbled bacon, bbq sauce, bbq chips (not the bag)

IMG_20170414_173412.jpg

• Like 1

We just left. Way too many people for this to be enjoyable. Great weather, holiday weekend, and the fact that this year all good passes get in (vs only those who renewed early).

Here's a picture of the line to get into the park when I was leaving at 6:30. This is after security, and before the turnstile... There's a larger mob waiting for security. If you need to process a new pass, forget about it.

0329834b0453832b68d7e7dfe6bfd5aa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Giant crowds on passholder night is not something new.  I recall the park being insanely crowded on SPH Previews for Top Gun, Days of Thunder, Outer Limits, Action Zone, Son of Beast... and more.

Specifically, the line for OLFOF on SPH night in 1996 wrapped through every permanent outside queue, through temp queues that filled the plaza in front of it, then stretched out to Coney Mall, and all the way to Vortex... AND it had single train operation that night.

Here's SOB during SPH night

16251628_290318391371462_525999892434550

• Like 10

I was leaving at 8, and as I drove through the parking lot to leave, saw the entire bus and RV area is parked up with cars, as were all of the rows clear to the end of the lot by Great Wolf. Possibly were a handful of spots open from people leaving, and probably some open on the Soak City side, but I've almost never seen it quite this parked up outside of holidays and summer (or Haunt) Saturdays. 

Kings Island is definitely popular today!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Magenta Lizard said:

I was leaving at 8, and as I drove through the parking lot to leave, saw the entire bus and RV area is parked up with cars, as were all of the rows clear to the end of the lot by Great Wolf. Possibly were a handful of spots open from people leaving, and probably some open on the Soak City side, but I've almost never seen it quite this parked up outside of holidays and summer (or Haunt) Saturdays. 

Kings Island is definitely popular today!

I parked in the RV area tonight and when I left I noticed several cars blocked in from the front and back. I was very lucky that the car that was in front of me had left or I would of gone crazy!

I had no clue that so many Gold Passes even existed!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Gannersdaddy said:

Just rode Diamondback at 9:45. MT was still full ques. Will be interesting to see if they let them finish

I'm coming up on the four hour mark. I sure hope they let me ride! Is there a hard cut off time when they simply close up shop?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, VekomaRulz said:

Wouldn't they close the line and just not let anyone else in but allow those already in line to ride?

Generally the rule is that anyone in line when the park closes gets to ride. But the park closed at 10, and if its a minimum 4 hour wait, that's at least 2:00 before everyone is through the line. Ride ops and other employees (mainly guest services and first aid come to mind) are there until everyone is out of the park and then some. Thinking it might be a 3-4 am night for some guests and employees.

• Like 2

Great weather, busy night!  Really enjoyed Mystic Timbers, a fantastic coaster.  We arrived quarter till 4, went straight to MT and had a 4 hour wait!!! Met some great people in line and everyone had a good time.  BTW, there were numerous attempts at line jumpers with the extended lines outside the main entrance of MT ("Oh, I thought the line started here...").  KI staff worked really hard to keep people from getting in these areas.  Security was out in force.

With such a large crowd, everything had some lines (food especially).  But what a way to start the season, I'm sure KI is quite pleased.

• Like 4

I was very impressed by how they handled the long line for Timbers.  They walked everyone back in a very organized way, and I particularly appreciated how they kept the different queue extensions separated in a way that allowed the Rivertown midway to be unimpeded.  I imagine they'll use the same system for opening day.  

• Like 2

I was very impressed by how they handled the long line for Timbers.  They walked everyone back in a very organized way, and I particularly appreciated how they kept the different queue extensions separated in a way that allowed the Rivertown midway to be unimpeded.  I imagine they'll use the same system for opening day.  

One idea I had to prevent line jumpers would be to do something like stamp hands at the cue entrance of the line.. And then once you got to the official/permanent entrance for timbers they would check and confirm you had a stamp before letting you proceed. Even better would be a counter stamp, the person checker would just keep seeing numbers increasing throughout the day and would know that the order coming on matched the prefer people got in line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk