2017 Gold & Platinum Passholder Preview Night

rcwizard13

My night... Luckily I was able to take a half day at work and leave early. Got there a little after 230. Was surprised they opened the gates early letting people go from one line to the other. I was glad they kept it single file I was imagining people just running towards Mystic Timbers from all directions. We got to ride by 445 (back row). My poor friend had to do the walk of shame but at least she didn't wait hours and hours to not be able to ride. Loved the actual ride he shed was so so to me. Wasn't planning to ride again since the line was growing by the second even though I wanted to see the diff from back vs front and day vs night. Anticipated all the other lines being walk on but boy was I wrong. Ended up spinning the big wheel one time and I am normally a completely cursed unlucky person but won front of the line Mystic Timbers passes by some miracle so waited until dark and rode again in front row and liked the change in the shed theme much better! 

• Like 3

They crowds were insane. The traffic started for me at Montgomery RD on 275. Once I got through enterance it took an hour driver around the parking lot to find an open spot. I rode nothing. So mad I didn't make Media Day with my fellow ACErs. But on a positive note my 6 year old son was finally tall enough for AE, he loved it. I wish that ride had pictures so I could have got it. Also my 2 year old daughter made the 36 inch mark & got to ride the purple coaster as she calls it. Her face says it all!! This picture made my heart happy & forget how crazy crowded it was. She loved it!!!!

IMG_0714.JPG

• Like 4

The crowds were definitely awful today! Most of the major attractions had very minimal waits until around 5-6:00, when even The Racer was spilling out into the midway. We never waited more than an hour for The Beast and Diamondback, however the line for MT was so long that they had to separate it into sections so the sidewalks wouldn't get blocked. They also were using the queues in Crypt's old building. Even most of the food stands had a 20-30 min wait. It was good to see MT getting a lot of attention though!

• Like 2

Hit the traffic on 71 at 4:00PM. Into parking lot at 5PM. Through front gate by 5:30PM. Waited 30 minutes for a drink at Freestyle over by Burrito joint. Then 30 minutes for food at Potato Works by train. Sat down and ate, people watched, then entered MT line at 7:30PM.

4 hour wait. Ride was down on two separate occasions in that time, for about 30 minutes each.

Loved the ride tho. Worth the wait for my group. Had a blast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 4/14/2017 at 9:00 PM, Magenta Lizard said:

I was leaving at 8, and as I drove through the parking lot to leave, saw the entire bus and RV area is parked up with cars, as were all of the rows clear to the end of the lot by Great Wolf. Possibly were a handful of spots open from people leaving, and probably some open on the Soak City side, but I've almost never seen it quite this parked up outside of holidays and summer (or Haunt) Saturdays. 

Kings Island is definitely popular today!

When I left, the parking lot was full from GWL all the way to just short of Soak City! Yikes.... that's a lot of Gold Passers.

7 minutes ago, upstop said:

When I left, the parking lot was full from GWL all the way to just short of Soak City! Yikes.... that's a lot of Gold Passers.

Not just Gold Pass'ers, a lot of Platinum's who's home park won't open until May.  I assumed most would return to the park today - but it didn't seem as busy as last night.

• Like 1

ended up having a great preview night. drove thru the parking entrance around 3:20... (no issues with traffic aside the normal 71 stop'n'go coming from downtown.) my friend needed to process his new pass (new to the area and his first visit to KI as well) but luckily the worker who was tending to that line, said my friend could just scan his barcode at the gate, and he would just have to get it processed before his second visit.. (avoided that long wait!) and was inside waiting by the fountain shortly before 4pm when they opened the whole park (also avoided the crowds heading back to Mystic Timbers early.)  rode the first train of the season on The Bat with the first riders walking on. Banshee maybe a 10min wait, walked on Adventure Express and Racer. the coney section was fairly empty around 5pm.... maybe 20mins for FOF and 15mins for Firehawk. walked on Vortex... and then was met by a wave of people upon entering Rivertown... 45 mins for Diamondback was fine. the one hiccup was food/bev ... lines for anything food or drink related were already insane at this point tho we did manage to get a couple beers after standing at the bar at the reds grill for about 25mins... but our idea of relaxing and having a couple beers while we waited for nightfall was an anxiety filled joke trying to get a bartenders attention and we were surround by frustrated people trying to do the same. (it was like RTC level of angry peeps when you don't have enough food and drink stalls..haha) so we relaxed instead by checking out Mystic Timbers from the eiffle tour (and realized just how quickly the entire park had filled up...) waited 1hr for a front seat night ride on The Beast. and at 9:15 we got in line for Mystic Timbers and just after midnight got onboard. exited thru a empty park and empty parking lot. good karma or well played, I'm not sure.. but we both had a blast!   

• Like 3