Halloween Haunt 2017

ki95

It's a bit too early for me to be thinking about this ... nah, who am I kidding, I've been missing Sam and listening to Blood Drums since Closing Day! Well, I think Blood Drums should definitely make a return 'cause that's always awesome and there will likely be a new or remodeled maze. I think it would be cool to have a maze that has an objective (besides escaping), like finding items and then returning it a Scareactor (This could be a Skeleton Key experience, or a parkwide thing- like, find Sam, he'll give you the next clue, etc.) As for returners, Slaughterhouse, Backwoods Bayou, Blackout (because it's different) and Killmart should return. Urgent Scare could've been improved from last year, but everything is great as is! Can't wait for that time of year when Thumbs (a scareactor in Rivertown), Sam the Butcher, the sliders and others begin their nightly stroll of scaring! :D

• Like 4

^ Yes. I really miss them being there.

It is a long time away but I've been thinking about 2017 Haunt the day it ended. It's a great way to cap off the season, especially this year where we can ride Mystic Timbers at night. I would like to see the return of Blood Drums, because I really enjoying watching them play and hearing them from a distance. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly? I want a maze that isn't very scary. Call me a weenie all you want, but just hear me out! I've never been in a maze ever, outside of an intense local one when I was forced to go in at 8 years old, and I don't know how well I can handle haunts. (Being an asthmatic makes mazes... uh... interesting, if nothing else.) I've heard that Blackout is the easiest house at the Haunt, but I want something a little less... sudden to get my feet wet with! 

I'd also sell my right arm for an attraction that goes behind the scenes of the monster making, for everyone to enjoy! I'm going into film production as a career, and special effects are my life. I'd love to see the make-up and costume process!

• Like 1

^ I may not be the best judge of scariness, because none of them scare me (every once in awhile one might give me a jump scare), but...

I would suggest either Board to Death or Carnevil. Both have some classic funhouse elements to them. Honestly, I think for various reasons, and depending on the person, Blackout could be one of the worst mazes to begin with. 

• Like 2

Honestly? I want a maze that isn't very scary. Call me a weenie all you want, but just hear me out! I've never been in a maze ever, outside of an intense local one when I was forced to go in at 8 years old, and I don't know how well I can handle haunts. (Being an asthmatic makes mazes... uh... interesting, if nothing else.) I've heard that Blackout is the easiest house at the Haunt, but I want something a little less... sudden to get my feet wet with! 
I'd also sell my right arm for an attraction that goes behind the scenes of the monster making, for everyone to enjoy! I'm going into film production as a career, and special effects are my life. I'd love to see the make-up and costume process!

You will learn more by watching Face Off the show, than seeing the make-up process for make-up and costume at KI.
They don't do hollywood quality stuff.. least I've never walked passed a scare actor and thought it was at the level

I would like to see a 30 min show of the highlights of Rocky Horror Picture Show in the King's Island Theater for Haunt (just like Universal Orlando used to have during Halloween Horror nights in the Beetlejuice theater before the construction on the new rides did away with both the theater and show, such a shame!)  The rights to produce were pretty cheap from what I understood since this was not the entire production, just musical bit and pieces. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2017 at 6:04 PM, Magenta Lizard said:

^unfortunately it seems to have been cancelled. At least there weren't any new episodes last fall. It sucks, because I really enjoyed that show. 

It's still on SyFy. The current season is a all the former seasons winners competing against each other.

@Zexeos: As for a begginer maze, I'd reccommend either Carnevil or Urgent Scare (it wasn't very scary when I went thru last year at least). Blackout may not have many Scareactors, but what it lacks in people, it makes up for in audio/visual effects! Blackout is the scariest maze I've done at KI; I was shaking when I come out.

This is coming from a guy who was scared to death to work Haunt (as a Sweep) 3-4 seasons ago (and I still don't really like getting scared), but just last season, I did all the mazes within 2 visits. I think it's all about exposure to the environment; Slaughter House used to scare me, but now it's like walking through a friend's house (who has a bunch of weird relatives...). Next season, give a maze a try and see what you think; you might even grow to like it :D

-MDMC, a semi-Haunt enthusiast

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

What I would like to see is for Boo Blasters to be converted into a virtual realty ride for HH only. They could easily slow down the vehicles to lengthen the attraction (but not too slow) and the "ghosts" could be more frightening and startling than other attractions. Maybe it could follow a "paranormal activity " type theme or a haunted castle theme. Maybe it could be a random theme or maybe even change based on what the rider wants to experience.

• Like 7

Now that is a VR implementation that I can get on board with. Doesn't cut ride lines in half at all.. And it could be a neat little test for if they ever wanted to do a dark ride that didn't need physical construction. Could save on money in the long run, space required etc.

• Like 5

Phantom Theater used to be a Fearfest attraction. They took out half of the cars to out space between riders and would change the music to something more scary. Also, if I recall correctly, they had scare-actors placed throughout the course of the ride.

Museum of Horrors (Phantom Theater) - A renovation of the family-friendly Phantom Theater into a gory and gruesome attraction. Additional props and performers were added through-out the attraction, as were moments of darkness and a change in operating procedures – only ½ of the cars were loaded to increase the distance between riders. While some scenes were intensified, others were simply covered with black scrim. The attraction's music was also switched-out to a different soundtrack.

https://KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/24647-history-of-the-haunt/

• Like 6

On 3/24/2017 at 8:17 AM, upstop said:

What I would like to see is for Boo Blasters to be converted into a virtual realty ride for HH only. They could easily slow down the vehicles to lengthen the attraction (but not too slow) and the "ghosts" could be more frightening and startling than other attractions. Maybe it could follow a "paranormal activity " type theme or a haunted castle theme. Maybe it could be a random theme or maybe even change based on what the rider wants to experience.

I LOVE this idea! I'd even be down with this inside the TR:TR building. 

On 3/24/2017 at 1:47 PM, Joshua said:

Better yet, bring back Phantom Theater! :D

I'm down with this, too!

• Like 2

I would love for Tomb Raider to converted into a, let's say PG-13 version of Phantom Theater. Like make it a little scary, but not too scary and give it the track some twists, turns, and unexpected drops to give it some thrills. 

This, of course, is wishful thinking. But I can dream.. 

• Like 4