Halloween Haunt 2017

ki95

5 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

I'm wondering if the train will make it on the haunt roster for next year. I thought it would be cool if they expanded on the Mystic Timbers story and had a live show right by the old western town.  

That would be a good show, and would definitely be a good addition to the theming of the ride. Definitely would want to see it if it ever came to be!:lol:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

I'm wondering if the train will make it on the haunt roster for next year. I thought it would be cool if they expanded on the Mystic Timbers story and had a live show right by the old western town.  

As far as I am aware, they could technically use the same exact route on the train Haunt, and just use the new exit/entrance as the walk back. Unless for some reason MT is now blocking the old entrance to the walk through. Seems like a cool opportunity to mix the two!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I can't remember off the top of my head but someone said on Facebook we are getting two New attractions at haunt! They heard it from one of the speakers at coasterstock.

Edit: 

Found the post it was KICentral lol 

They also said there are 2 new skeleton keys!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Oddly enough, when the wife and I stopped by the park yesterday evening, I was already thinking about how excited I was for Haunt, though I shouldn't be since that means the season is close to being over.

We discussed it a little and both agreed that we hope they do something to spice it up a little since it seems to have gotten a little stale in some of the houses. 

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

At Coasterstock Lance Heal had made some reference to one of the mazes being "high" or needing to "get high" with it.  And all I could think was "please, please bring back the asylum at the top of the Eiffel Tower, (it was a part of Fearfest, not HH)!

I would also like to see us get the zombie hunter up-charge experience that Knott's Berry Farm has had for the past several years.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2017 at 8:47 PM, ki95 said:

It's never too early to start thinking Haunt 2017!

What would you like to see return, leave and premier at Haunt this year?

I'm anxious to see the decorations. I hope it'll be something unforgettable!

-------------------------------------------------------

Web Designer at Petstreetmall
"Pet Supplies for pet lovers everywhere! Petstreetmall is the only place you need for your pet supply needs.

They have a week longer break to do the changeover between Haunt and Winterfest than there is between regular season and Haunt. And there aren't (apparently) any private events to prevent work on the weekends. 

On the other hand, weather is more likely to cause trouble in November, and they might not do as much of the work prior to the break as they tend to do on Haunt before the break. 

I'm also interested to see the logistics and extent of each seasonal event this year! I'm fully confident in the ability of the park to put on two wonderful events! Can't wait!

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

I bet we're going to get a "Holidays of Horror" SZ somewhere in the park.

Also, I'm just going to leave this here...

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/play/haunt/attractions

Looks like SH is gone (I wonder if BB is going in it's building since the Winterfest decor is in the gardens) & pretty much the only thing new this year is a SZ which is TBA. 

• Like 1

On 8/18/2017 at 6:00 PM, pkifreak23 said:

Did anyone else notice this today! This was listed under the cemetery drive picture in scare zones.  Maybe a new maze or zone!  What do you think about it if it is? 

Sounds similar to a scare zone at Halloween Horror Nights 24.  It was pretty cool, basically very Poe like masquerade ball.  I am excited to see how this turns out! It also, for gamers out there, reminded me of BioShocks masquerade party.  

• Like 1

I really like the sound of these new two scare zones. I think it's great because it allows some mazes that lack (like Urgent Scare and Board 2 Death as mentioned) to have a bit more scare actors.

I do think two scare zones will add more of a Haunt feel to the park.

Here's the descriptions and photos that are up (in the link shared in the post above)

20170829_181546.png

20170829_181602.png

The changeover shouldn't take too long should it?  It should just be general decorating except for the scarezones.  Most of the haunts have their own buildings/areas now, so they can have the freedom to work throughout the year.  Plus, I gotta believe it can only help with the 3 week changeover for Winterfest.  I am so excited for this haunt season!

• Like 1

Even when the two new Scare Zones were still missing from the list (and Cemetery Drive was still included, so it looked like there were only two Scare Zones), the text of the website mentioned ten Mazes and three Scare Zones. There were eleven Mazes last year so it wasn't just a matter of reusing the text as a placeholder. 

There are currently ten Mazes listed as well, so I'm not surprised there are no signs or plans to host a Haunt Maze in Sorority House's former location. I think that's the final list as far as Mazes. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, D-Back Fan said:

When I was in Attitudes a few weeks ago they had the door to the back room open and it was all merch, a few stuffed animals and garbage.  I didn't see anything haunt-related, (set pieces or props).

I'd venture to say if that spot were to be used, Haunt Load in hasn't started for that location. They'd still need to use it for merch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ki95 said:

Did Hot Blooded get a new set?

It looks like it. Noticed that when I went by Saturday. Looked to have a bunch of crates on the stage.

I am also really looking forward to the beginning of Haunt. One, if not the best, times to visit the park in my opinion. It's great for night rides and is so much cooler. 

• Like 1