The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

Yeah I know I know. I am just an Intamin fan what can I say. My top 3 fav's are all Intamins. I just feel that newer B&M's are boring. Fury is good. Valravn, Gatekeeper are good but ehhh. I don't get hyped up to ride any of the B&M's like I do for Maverick, Mill Force or TTD.

1 hour ago, Maverick44 said:

Yeah I know I know. I am just an Intamin fan what can I say. My top 3 fav's are all Intamins. I just feel that newer B&M's are boring. Fury is good. Valravn, Gatekeeper are good but ehhh. I don't get hyped up to ride any of the B&M's like I do for Maverick, Mill Force or TTD.

Do you really prefer Millennium to Fury by a whole lot? You're probably one of the few people I've heard say they like Millennium better than Fury after riding both... I love Millennium, but I haven't gotten a chance to rid Fury yet. :( As for the newer B&M thoughts... I've ridden all three and I would say that Banshee is a better new B&M than both Valravn and Gatekeeper. But as much as I love Intamins (Maverick's probably my favorite coaster) I would definitely prefer a B&M Giga here.

51 minutes ago, abrunerboy said:

Do you really prefer Millennium to Fury by a whole lot? You're probably one of the few people I've heard say they like Millennium better than Fury after riding both... I love Millennium, but I haven't gotten a chance to rid Fury yet. :( As for the newer B&M thoughts... I've ridden all three and I would say that Banshee is a better new B&M than both Valravn and Gatekeeper. But as much as I love Intamins (Maverick's probably my favorite coaster) I would definitely prefer a B&M Giga here.

I'm wondering how long Valravn will remain the ultimate Dive Coaster. I feel like another amusement park could break half of it's records easily: Tallest drop, longest drop, most inversions, speed, length, etc. I'm also suprised there's not a single Dive Coaster in the Six Flags chain.

^i agree intamin gives much higher thrill and intensity... for the most part. In my opinion, Fury absolutely crushes Millennium Force in everything. Fury just whips you up those banked turns giving you lateral airtime (which is great), not to mention the phenomenal ejector airtime. The drop is my second favorite (behind mavericks). Don't get me wrong, Millennium Force is a great coaster with a few pops of good ejector airtime, but I believe KI needs something more like Fury. The Beast fills Milles spot of big, forceful turns but nothing really covers powerful ejector mixed with floater. Yes I know Mystic Timbers does but tbh it's different. I can't really explain how but it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Kings Island will get a Giga if they feel the need, right now I'm one of those few people that are saying KI really doesn't need a Giga, but they need another/newer launch coaster, possibly by Intamin or Mack, if KI were to get a Giga I'd have to go B&M, but that's not saying an Intamin Giga would be a bad ride, but the things I prefer on Millennium Force are not even the ride itself, the view dropping 310ft and you are on basically an island surrounded by water is incredible, then I like the station and restraints of Millennium Force better than Fury.

8 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Its hard to believe but MF is also 17 years old. I would hope that a giga built in 2015 would be better. yet MF still gets voted best steel coaster in the world!

Well, that's according to the Golden Tickets, I consider them to not be reliable, at least for me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Maverick44 said:

Its hard to believe but MF is also 17 years old. I would hope that a giga built in 2015 would be better. yet MF still gets voted best steel coaster in the world!

If you're going off of that, to be fair.... Fury dethroned it in 2016.

• Like 3

B&M's might be more reliable but they just don't seem as exciting to me. That's just me though and I am bias to Intamin due to coaster wars Intamin shot Cedar Point to the top. All 3 of their Intamins are my top 3 coasters. That being said.........KI just needs a giga. I don't care who builds it haha.

• Like 2

On 8/1/2017 at 10:10 PM, rhyano said:

Intamin or Mack are always my first choices with things, I'd LOVE to see Mack attempt to build their own version of Fury 325! 

I'd second this. That's would make the KI Giga unique and different.

Did some research and it looks like the only two Mack hypercoasters right now (one of which is still in construction, but in its late stages) are just barely hitting the 200 feet mark (the one open right now is 200.2 feet and the new one is expected to be 202.6 feet). If we were the first park to get a giga from Mack, then I could see 2020 or later being the time we would either have a giga or would start hearing teasing for it (it took Intamin 4 years to go from a non-full circuit coaster above 200 feet to get to Millennium Force. B&M took 13 years to get from 200 ft drops to Leviathan, its first giga).

Here's my research.

I agree that B&M will most likely be the ones building the Giga at KI, but simply because I don't really know why, why does it seem like Cedar Fair doesn't trust Intamin all that much? I guess I've just never really payed any attention to that.

• Like 1

The accident on Shoot the Rapids is what is stated to be the reason. I wouldn't at all be surprised if KI gets an Inatmin Giga. CF has recently said they renewed their relationship with a certain company that one would infer had gone sour. So anything is possible. I have not been on a B&M giga, but I have been on Diamondback (not a giga I know) and I find it less thrilling.

• Like 1

^I believe Intamin at one pointed stated that safety was not a top priority or something along those lines. Not only that but they have reliability issues much more than most other manufacturers (except RMC with Lightning Rod but I think that's just an oddity due to the launch). Plus the accident on Shoot the Rapids did not help Intamin in the slightest. There's even more still with I305 needing its first turn reshaped and Maverick getting its inline twist removed. All this has added up to Intamin losing its building role (at least for the moment) in Cedar Fair.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, txdrummer said:

But does Mack have the ability to match the 4 across seating that B&M can? KI would need that increased capacity in it's inevitable Giga.

Or long trains that seat 4 per car, like Millennium Force. 

• Like 1

I think Fury and Intimidator (Carowinds) almost feel the same to me, Fury is a great ride and I'd love to see something like it at Kings Island, but if we are talking Giga, it would have to be something completely different that we don't have to make sense with our lineup, that's what I think Busch Gardens does so well in, putting different coasters in the park that won't out shadow the other rides, and make each ride special in their own ways.

^Are you talking about I305 or Intimidator at Carowinds? If it's the latter, I have to strongly disagree. Fury was made for speed, intensity, and ejector airtime. Intimidator was made for floater airtime (which it doesn't really have imo). To me these rides couldn't be any more different. Fury is much more similar to Lightning Rod and even Mystic Timbers. In fact I'm more worried by a Kings Islands giga being similar to Mystic Timbers than Diamondback.

I'm just over here praying for an Intamin giga. I hope that renewed relationship is with Intamin! I am excited! We know these coasters take a while to design and move along with planning. Just like at CP as soon as Mill Force was done the planning was started on TTD even though they added wicked twister between those two.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DiamondBanshee said:

^Are you talking about I305 or Intimidator at Carowinds? If it's the latter, I have to strongly disagree. Fury was made for speed, intensity, and ejector airtime. Intimidator was made for floater airtime (which it doesn't really have imo). To me these rides couldn't be any more different. Fury is much more similar to Lightning Rod and even Mystic Timbers. In fact I'm more worried by a Kings Islands giga being similar to Mystic Timbers than Diamondback.

I think he meant Intimidator 305.

• Like 1

Well since in an earlier post I would wait to see how much "higher" it goes. I wouldn't care for a ride to go 206'. Make it 306' and we are talking! I wonder If MACK would go that tall and try to compete with Intamin and B&M. I would accept it at Ki if tall enough. It would be a change for sure,

• Like 1

Intamin's philosophy is that ride malfunctions are inevitable regardless of the ride. If you pay attention, that philosophy has really shown with the redesign of Maverick, I305 retracking, the Shoot the Rapids incident in 2013, the 2007 leg loss incident at Kentucky kingdom, the 2009 Xcelerator belt snap and many others. I'm not trying to sound like a Fanboy but you don't get those kind of issues on a B&M.

• Like 3