The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

6 hours ago, flightoffear1996 said:

That land clearing behind Banshee has been there for as long as I can remember and I doubt it has anything to with any expansion.  I think we would be looking at the Dinosaurs Alive area for the giga.

Possibly. I think the lift will be near where Dinoasurs alive is but it may turnaround back behind Banshee.

1 hour ago, chugh43 said:

There is a difference between someone official and a random kid on Youtube saying something stating "facts."

Your very correct. However, I personally do feel strongly that the name of Centurion will be used since its been trademarked for a little while and was trademarked with the name Fury. @chugh43 what are your ideas for the possible names?

1 minute ago, Hmrapp said:

Your very correct. However, I personally do feel strongly that the name of Centurion will be used since its been trademarked for a little while and was trademarked with the name Fury. @chugh43 what are your ideas for the possible names?

I don't try to figure out names of something that has no signs of being built. 

I wouldn't say I'm in the camp of Kings Island is getting a Giga as the next major investment camp. I think it's coming eventually but I think there are other things that we'll see first.

• Like 2

@chugh43 The logical reasoning points to a giga though (cough cough... Every major Cedar Fair park but KI has a giga). Employees that work at Kings Island have even stated there strong beliefs of a giga ( @Drummermattk). Yes, I could see a Mack launched coaster like Blue Fire or even an Intamin Blitz like Maverick coming to KI but a giga would please BOTH the gp and the enthuasists.

@Hmrapp I'm not discounting that it's eventual....I'm just saying I don't see it in the exact near future as some in this thread do. It doesn't have to be justified to me as to why it'd be a good addition, I want one....but as I keep saying, I don't see it happening when others are saying it will.

Employees that work at Kings Island aren't exactly the best source on coming attractions as they are not told the future plans.....even if they are if they discuss it they can and will be terminated. I used to work for the park and I can guarantee that those who think they know what is coming isn't always factual.  The fact is, one poster here said it something like this, those who don't know say something, those who do don't. 

• Like 3

[mention=5524]chugh43[/mention] The logical reasoning points to a giga though (cough cough... Every major Cedar Fair park but KI has a giga).

I would not say EVERY major Cedar Fair park has a giga. Knotts Berry Farm has one of the highest incomes of parks in the chain but they do not have a giga.

While I also believe KI will get a giga because it is a top park in the chain, I will restate what I've said before in here: "Kings Island doesn't NEED a giga." All the other parks (excluding CP) needs their giga to draw in the crowds they do. What would Carowinds be without Fury? How about KD without I305? CW with Levi would still draw major crowds but they wouldn't be nearly as big imo. Kings Island probably has the second best overall lineup of all Cedar Fair parks, if not the best (depending on what you personally enjoy). That's why they consistently draw some of the most crowds of any park even with only one coaster over 200'.

While a giga would definitely increase crowds, it is not necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I think of a Centurion, I usually think of a guard at the gate of a palace, which makes it sound like a front gate coaster, which Matt Ouimet already said that Kings Island wouldn't be getting a front gate coaster because the main gate plaza is already good. I think a name like Samurai would work because of the swift and quick movements and transitions throughout the ride.

Plans can always change depending on market demands. Never rule something out...well some things on here you can. Lol

• Haha 1

I'm curious as to what people would like to see come before a Giga. Personally I'd like to the the Giga come first, but I agree that KI doesn't need one right away. If I had to choose a coaster or 2 that would come before a Giga they would have to be a Mack Multi Launch & an RMC woodie. Id love to see KI invest into a Mack Multi Launch like Helix or Blue Fire. KI also has some awesome terrain in the back of the park for an RMC woodie similar to Lightning Rod"doubtful" minus the Launch, I'd be ok with a traditional lift. But personally I'd pefer the Giga over these 2 coasters, but that just me. What you guys like to see come before a Giga if this is indeed the case?

For me personally what I'd like to see is a multi launch coaster similar to Blue Fire or Maverick. Think that'd be a lot of fun and a bit different from what we have. A custom RMC hybrid and a giga round out my top three coaster additions for the park.

^I too would love an RMC but I don't see one coming for a fairly long time. KI has an amazing collection of woodies so a custom wood is probably out (especially with MT) and I don't really see topper track coming to the park anytime soon. A custom I-box track coaster or a T-Rex seems most likely but I don't see either one of those coming with Vortex is still up and running. Honestly, either a giga or a multilaunch seems like the next likely coaster and if KI gets a multilaunch with a lot of inversion the RMC looks even less likely. I'd absolutely love an RMC but I don't foresee one within the next 10 years

Yea with jsut having gotten MT and an RMC opening at Cedar Point next year not expecting one for awhile.

The one other type I think woudl be good would be an infinity type coaster, but would need to be like Smiler with the multi row trains to hold 16+ people. Otherwise I thinkt eh capactiy woudl be way too low for at KI. Can get nice compact layouts too so it could go in about anywhere or be more spread out.

On the name it could well be Centurion, Sorta of Like how Mantis was supposed to be named Banshee, but then things happened and later down the road they used the name for the current coaster we have at KI. I'm not saying it definitely will be called Centurion but I really won't be surprised if they named the Giga that. Also, I wonder if they would add the number ending to it like for ex.( Fury 325 , Intimidator 305, etc). IMO, the name Centurion 375 doesn't sound bad at all.(I'm not predicting that KI Giga will be 375 feet tall but I wouldn't be complaining if it was.)

Can someone explain what is so great about floorless?  I just don't get it.  With the exception of the headbanging right before the corkscrew Rougarou is an OK coaster but nothing about it being floorless feels special to me.  

Honestly they're just fun looping coasters. They are nothing special really but, at least in my opinion, I'd rather have a new B&M flourless that flips and whips me around than, say, an arrow looper. With Banshee though, this seems really unlikely imo

• Like 1

Floorless coasters have that freedom of movement and that exposed feeling you get from an inverted coaster while over the tracks, or as many describe it, the 'flying chair'.  Seeing your feet whiz by the track all exposed is pretty intense to me.  I've loved all the B&M floorless coasters I've ridden (Medusa east and Rougarou).  

• Like 4

I've been on one floorless (Hydra at Dorney) and enjoyed it. However, I really like the idea of a floorless as it's a unique coaster type that looks cool (and also probably because the first one debuted in '99 and I love things from 90's/early 2000's!) Also, I went into Hydra expecting that the leg dangling would make it feel like your legs would be very close to the track (and thus feel very different), but with the exception of the train having no floor, it didn't feel any different (to me) than a standard B&M looping coaster.

So, long story short, yes, I would love it if KI announced a floorless for say, 2019 or 2020! B)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BuckeyeBond said:

I wish Dominator & Firehawk traded spots when the were relocated from Geauga Lake :)

I've heard Dominator isn't as good as other B&M floorless coasters, thoughts? I'm kinda happy we got Firehawk, even though its a short ride and inferior to B&M flyers, its more unique. If it went to KI, I feel like Dominator would "dominate" Vortex's ridership. I'd rather see a floorless Dive Machine at KI.

47 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

I've heard Dominator isn't as good as other B&M floorless coasters, thoughts? I'm kinda happy we got Firehawk, even though its a short ride and inferior to B&M flyers, its more unique. If it went to KI, I feel like Dominator would "dominate" Vortex's ridership. I'd rather see a floorless Dive Machine at KI.

Between Dominator and Rougarou I would take Dominator. Those are the only 2 I have ridden.

• Like 1

I've been on Dominator at Geauga Lake and KD, well it was actually Batman Knight Flight when I rode it at Geauga. I also have done X-Flight/Firehawk while at Geauga and KI.  I'd def take Dominator of Firehawk. But I've only 3 Floorless coasters Dominator, Rougarou, & Kraken & I prefer Dominator out of those 3.