The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

Rougarou is not a bad floorless by any means. If you get a good ride in the front row and keep your head forward the ride isn't to rough or uncomfortable. The problem I have with the ride is the second portion of the ride (everything past the dive loop). If you sit anywhere other then the first row the ride is extremely uncomfortable as the low to the ground quick turns in combination with the classic over the shoulder B&M restraints provide for some insane headbanging. I haven't ridden Dominator but judging by the POV's it looks slightly better then Rougarou.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hmrapp said:

Rougarou is not a bad floorless by any means. If you get a good ride in the front row and keep your head forward the ride isn't to rough or uncomfortable. The problem I have with the ride is the second portion of the ride (everything past the dive loop). If you sit anywhere other then the first row the ride is extremely uncomfortable as the low to the ground quick turns in combination with the classic over the shoulder B&M restraints provide for some insane headbanging. I haven't ridden Dominator but judging by the POV's it looks slightly better then Rougarou.

I know I may get a lot of flack for this,

but I found Vortex to be more smooth and have less headbanging than Rougarou. Probably just me, but I find Rougarou to also be a pretty average coaster in general.

• Like 4

@Arrow Hence your name I'm not surprised lol. I don't find Vortex to be bad at all as long as your head is forward. I wouldn't go as far to say that Vortex is smoother then Rougarou. In my opinion Rougarou is slightly better but Vortex is a very solid coaster.

I suppose height and body type make a difference. Despite Vortex beating the hell out of my youngest who will never ride it again, in a moment of temporary insanity I took a spin on it last month.  My head sticks out above the restraints so there was no headbanging for me and that is the most important part.  It was rough side to side and my neck was just slightly sore from it but not really bad.  Had I ridden it in my 20's and 30's when I had neck issues I probably would have been in a world of hurt.  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, rhyano said:

Rougarou is a great ride in the back and only the back, same goes for Vortex.

Never been in the back but I always ride in the front. Even going back one row from the first to second row on Rougarou you can tell a noticeable difference on the ladder part of the ride.

If you look Rougarou has a trim brake on the first drop. Does anybody know if they typically run with the trim on!?

1 hour ago, BuckeyeBond said:

Just curious as to why threads are locked and not just deleted? Someone just started a topic about what comes after a Giga and it got locked. Why not just delete the whole thread? Anyways just curious as to why threads are up that you can't post anything in.

So you can see why it was locked. If we just remove it, it can be consfusing and you don't know why it just disappeared.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

9bf508068ff04823b7f551ccd2ca806a.png

It's official Dinosaurs Alive will be going extinct after October. I feel that a new addition will definitely be added in the 2019 year. If that's a RMC T-Rex, RMC Topper or the B&M giga we all have been waiting for, I don't know.

• Like 1

I would LOVE to see that as well! Many enthusiasts talk about about how Kings Island needs to spruce up its gate. Yet, I feel it would almost take away the uniqueness of Carowinds and Cedar Points front gate. It would be amazing to see a giga with an amazing, secluded, plaza back in the woods. As for the ride it would be cool to see it weave through the woods interacting with X-Base and possibly Banshee. If Kings Island were to do this in 2019 it would be a HUGE capital investment for the park (35+ million) and I wouldn't think any other park in the chain would get any coaster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

Such as? I'm not bashing your opinion by any means but I'm interested to know what demographic gaps Kings Island has

Specifically attractions that the whole family could ride together. There really isn't a whole lot that Grandma and Grandpa could ride with a their grandkids. That's obviously just an example, but there is a gap between coasters/thrill rides and kid rides. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, beastfan11 said:

Specifically attractions that the whole family could ride together. There really isn't a whole lot that Grandma and Grandpa could ride with a their grandkids. That's obviously just an example, but there is a gap between coasters/thrill rides and kid rides. 

I agree that we need more grandma and grandpa rides! 

• Like 4

^^I believe that’s why they built Mystic Timbers. It’s a great family ride. In fact, my family was just talking about this, saying it’s “the perfect ride” because parents can ride it with their kids while enthusiasts still love it. I agree there are still some things needed (a wild mouse or spinning coaster would be perfect imo) but for the time being, an intense coaster is needed. Whether it be a giga or a blitz, KI needs intensity. (I’d love something like helix that takes advantage of the terrain. KI seems like a great park for a Mack)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

I agree with all of this. But I think KI really needs a people eater like Fury. This has to be close to a record season for KI attendance wise. The crowds have been crazy big this season. I just think we need something to help break up the crowds. I'd also really love for the Antique Cars to return.

• Like 6

I wonder if KI could top the drop on Red Force the Intiman Accelerator in Europe. I think it's 368 feet. If KI uses the Dino land I wonder if they could build around 320-330 but make the drop like 370-380 by shooting the drop into a valley. Kind of like the way Apollo's Chariot is done. I think that would make KI's Giga extremely awesome and unique. Anyways just a thought I had.

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/23/2017 at 2:18 PM, JudeHoward said:

Let's just hope they don't give us a leviathan. All stats, no substance. 

Nothing against leviathan, but it's sad compared to the other CF Gigas.

I consider Leviathan a B&M Giga prototype taking a lot of inspiration from it's hyper coasters. Fury 325 is the final product of what a B&M Giga should be- extremely long layout, fast, tons of airtime, and plenty of drops. 

Plus I don't think we've ever seen a Giga truly interact with terrain. Give us a Giga like Fury 325 with the terrain of Diamondback and Apollo's Chariot and you'll have a winner.

• Like 2