The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

Well of course Giga's are gong to have speed. I couldn't imaging going down a 300' hill and then quickly into a break run.  Giga's are built for speed. They can also have nice airtime hills. I305 and MF are great and have a couple airtime hills. I just wouldn't say " there WILL" be anything at this point.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Well of course Giga's are gong to have speed. I couldn't imaging going down a 300' hill and then quickly into a break run.  Giga's are built for speed. They can also have nice airtime hills. I305 and MF are great and have a couple airtime hills. I just wouldn't say " there WILL" be anything at this point.

What he said was "that second hill could easily be 200-300 feet tall, but it's not, it's 180 it's a giant banked turn" when you have the big hills like Diamondback, it slows down, this giga would look on keeping the speed consistent and try to make it not lose speed. That's why Fury doesn't have the giant airtime hills so that it doesn't lose as much speed.

• Like 1

For the whole “Airtime vs. Twister layout,” it depends on the manufacturer. Intamin seems to be mostly about intensity and speed. I’ve only ridden Millennium Force of the two but it seems like it was built for speed. Yes there are a few pops of airtime but it’s really just a long layout, fairly low to the ground so you can feel how fast you are going. Same goes for I305 based off reviews and POVs. Morgan (just putting this in here because they did build one) seems to be focused mainly on airtime and length, not as much on the speed and intensity. B&M is a mix. Leviathan seems to be mostly airtime based having large floatjector hills as well as small ejector hills. Fury is different. While it may not look airtime based, after riding it I can say it has way more airtime than you think. All those banked turns (excluding the first right after the drop) give absolutely insane lateral airtime. You just get absolutely thrown sideways out of your seat on every twist and at the top of the treble clef which is absolutely insane. On top of that the drop gives a strange floater-like freefalling sensation while the last three hills give pretty strong ejector airtime. So far Fury seems like the most well rounded and complete giga of the bunch, seemingly combining every aspect of the others, speed, length, intensity, and airtime, amazingly. Assuming B&M would be the manufacturer to build a giga if KI gets one, they would probably take from Fury and perfect it even more as they did with Fury from Leviathon. And honestly, it doesn’t matter what type of layout it is. I believe that B&M would be able to make a twister layout have strong airtime and an airtime layout be relatively twisty, as with Fury.

If KI does get a giga, I hope B&M designs it because, with the terrain and success of Fury, I believe it would be one of the best coasters in the world, right up there with Voyage, Lightning Rod, Fury, GeForce, and all those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

Anyway back to the topic at hand. We have no idea if Ki will get a giga.

We don't know for sure, but I'm on the "THEY WILL" bandwagon. Come at me Cedar Point fanboys. This is Cedar Fair we are talking about and this is one of Cedar Fairs most prized parks and they don't have a giga! We have the land for it too (unlike Knott's which is also rumored to get a giga as well) Cedar Fair tends to add stuff based on guest feedback. If they didn't, we probably wouldn't have Steel Vengeance, it was added since the guests were constantly pushing Cedar Point to RMC Mean Streak. I think they are doing the same for Kings Island since the guests are constantly pushing Kings Island to add a giga! We have a very similar lineup to Carowinds (with the exception of a few coasters) and both of KIs sister parks have gigas. So I think it's about time for Kings Island and Cedar Fair to go all out and go big for the Cincinnati area and really impress the Kings Island market!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

We don't know for sure, but I'm on the "THEY WILL" bandwagon. Come at me Cedar Point fanboys. This is Cedar Fair we are talking about and this is one of Cedar Fairs most prized parks and they don't have a giga! We have the land for it too (unlike Knott's which is also rumored to get a giga as well) Cedar Fair tends to add stuff based on guest feedback. If they didn't, we probably wouldn't have Steel Vengeance, it was added since the guests were constantly pushing Cedar Point to RMC Mean Streak. I think they are doing the same for Kings Island since the guests are constantly pushing Kings Island to add a giga! We have a very similar lineup to Carowinds (with the exception of a few coasters) and both of KIs sister parks have gigas. So I think it's about time for Kings Island and Cedar Fair to go all out and go big for the Cincinnati area and really impress the Kings Island market!

Lol Steel Vengeance is not happening because guests asked for it. It's happening because of a combination of market forces, industry tends, and asset development opportunities.

• Like 4

That is true. Its not like most of he GP know what RMC is. It's not like they are all running to park offices and taking to twitter screaming for an RMC. I think CF just realized its the best thing for the park to bring in the up and coming RMC brand.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, LoadAndGo said:

Lol Steel Vengeance is not happening because guests asked for it. It's happening because of a combination of market forces, industry tends, and asset development opportunities.

I'm not saying that it is coming only because guests asked for it. Im saying that Cedar Fair tends to add things based on guest feedback. Tony Clark said it in an interview that they look at guest feedback and make some decisions off of it. There is more involved with getting things in, but guest feedback is a big thing. Also, Kings Island's new PR manager said that bringing back Winterfest was based on guest feedback. He said they have been asked a lot on bringing back Winterfest. I know that probably the #1 question was about a giga because you know that's a huge rumor in the coaster community. And there are some people trying to kill it, but I'm here to say it's not going to die anytime soon unless Kings Island were to confirm that Diamondback will never be topped or something like that. I'm not saying that they would do it specifically on guest feedback, but I'm saying that it would play a role since a giga is what people want. Usually Cedar Fair and Kings Island want to give what the fans want. Mystic Timbers I believe was something the fans wanted since a lot of people wanted a rollercoaster more families could enjoy together. That was a huge factor on Mystic Timbers. I think we will definitely see more flat rides and things improved throughout the park. I'm not saying that the giga will 100% come, but I'm saying that in the direction Cedar Fair is going with the major parks, a giga would be a great choice for Kings Island since it would really boost the competition between Kentucky Kingdom and Holiday World which are Kings Island's competing parks since they are in Kings Island's market. Cedar Point is in a whole different market so having two gigas in Ohio would not hurt either park because it would actually encourage more people to go to both.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, DiamondBanshee said:

For the whole “Airtime vs. Twister layout,” it depends on the manufacturer. Intamin seems to be mostly about intensity and speed. I’ve only ridden Millennium Force of the two but it seems like it was built for speed. Yes there are a few pops of airtime but it’s really just a long layout, fairly low to the ground so you can feel how fast you are going. Same goes for I305 based off reviews and POVs. Morgan (just putting this in here because they did build one) seems to be focused mainly on airtime and length, not as much on the speed and intensity. B&M is a mix. Leviathan seems to be mostly airtime based having large floatjector hills as well as small ejector hills. Fury is different. While it may not look airtime based, after riding it I can say it has way more airtime than you think. All those banked turns (excluding the first right after the drop) give absolutely insane lateral airtime. You just get absolutely thrown sideways out of your seat on every twist and at the top of the treble clef which is absolutely insane. On top of that the drop gives a strange floater-like freefalling sensation while the last three hills give pretty strong ejector airtime. So far Fury seems like the most well rounded and complete giga of the bunch, seemingly combining every aspect of the others, speed, length, intensity, and airtime, amazingly. Assuming B&M would be the manufacturer to build a giga if KI gets one, they would probably take from Fury and perfect it even more as they did with Fury from Leviathon. And honestly, it doesn’t matter what type of layout it is. I believe that B&M would be able to make a twister layout have strong airtime and an airtime layout be relatively twisty, as with Fury.

If KI does get a giga, I hope B&M designs it because, with the terrain and success of Fury, I believe it would be one of the best coasters in the world, right up there with Voyage, Lightning Rod, Fury, GeForce, and all those.

That's the type of airtime I'm trying to say we will get. I think the main airtime moments will be on the banks like Fury.

• Like 1

Kings Island was the 2nd highest in amusement park attendance in the U.S. for 2016 behind Cedar Point and continues to be top 5 year in and year out. So, the question is not if it receives a giga, but when. This latest giga tease is probably from KI PR, but for all we know, it could be a tease for 2022 instead of 2019. Bottom line is simply this, if we do not see any kind of construction or clearing on or shortly after opening day, this tease is probably not for 2019.

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, kirbias1 said:

Kings Island was the 2nd highest in amusement park attendance in the U.S. for 2016 behind Cedar Point and continues to be top 5 year in and year out. So, the question is not if it receives a giga, but when. This latest giga tease is indeed from Don or someone else in KI PR, but for all we know, it could be a tease for 2022 instead of 2019. Bottom line is simply this, if we do not see any kind of construction or clearing on or shortly after opening day, this tease is probably not for 2019.

Lol KI full timers had nothing to do with the snow message.

• Like 1

^ Proof for either?
I’m all for speculation, but please do not say “Don did this” or “No full time workers did this” without having proof of either. These unsubstantiated claims not only cause confusion but fighting in these threads as we saw with the Mystic Timbers speculation thread. It was very hostile with people making claims like this, so unless you know for certain, and have proof of what you say, please put something along the lines of “I believe...” or “I think...”

DB, trying to help to avoid the “cowboy coaster” and “RMC confirmed” catastrophes of 2016.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, DiamondBanshee said:

^ Proof for either?
I’m all for speculation, but please do not say “Don did this” or “No full time workers did this” without having proof of either. These unsubstantiated claims not only cause confusion but fighting in these threads as we saw with the Mystic Timbers speculation thread. It was very hostile with people making claims like this, so unless you know for certain, and have proof of what you say, please put something along the lines of “I believe...” or “I think...”

DB, trying to help to avoid the “cowboy coaster” and “RMC confirmed” catastrophes of 2016.

Changed it to "probably". Sorry for confusing you.

• Like 2

Someone wrote the Giga in the snow. That we know. As for who did it. It is someone that pays close attention to webcams since its in perfect eye sight. It could be any employee, it could be any of us on this page ( not me as I have not been to KI since June). It could be some joe shmo that knows the cam is in that area and called home and told family to look at the Cam. Haha yayy!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Maverick44 said:

Someone wrote the Giga in the snow. That we know. As for who did it. It is someone that pays close attention to webcams since its in perfect eye sight. It could be any employee, it could be any of us on this page ( not me as I have not been to KI since June). It could be some joe shmo that knows the cam is in that area and called home and told family to look at the Cam. Haha yayy!

Based on the evidence of it being shoveled more than once after Winterfest closed, appearing the next day after the Twitter post, and being in an area not accessible to guests, I would say the evidence points to KI PR. That is me saying it is very possible that KI PR did this, but not certainly, as I don't have 100% proof that it was (for those of us that confuse easily). :)  

• Like 3

^^ Right but isn't that area just blocked off by some gate that anyone can get around( I can't really recall)? I doesn't take too much time to write a 4 letter word in the snow. That brings us to if it was just some random person what could they of used to write it. It does seem as if it was a shovel. Is there anything that someone can get in the park while visiting that could act as a shovel?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

^^ Right but isn't that area just blocked off by some gate that anyone can get around( I can't really recall)? I doesn't take too much time to write a 4 letter word in the snow. That brings us to if it was just some random person what could they of used to write it. It does seem as if it was a shovel. Is there anything that someone can get in the park while visiting that could act as a shovel?

The only thing that I'm trying to point out, is that IMO, the evidence is stronger that it's an official tease by KI PR than just a prank by someone else. I'll just leave it at that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kirbias1 said:

Based on the evidence of it being shoveled more than once after Winterfest closed, appearing the next day after the Twitter post, and being in an area not accessible to guests, I would say the evidence points to KI PR. That is me saying it is very possible that KI PR did this, but not certainly, as I don't have 100% proof that it was (for those of us that confuse easily). :)  

Any number of seasonal employees would have had access to that area in order to bamboozle everyone.

• Like 3