The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

38 minutes ago, mayaman2 said:

Any number of seasonal employees would have had access to that area in order to bamboozle everyone.

I do think it is interesting that supposed people in the know on this forum were adamant that an associate did it, when in fact the snapshot taken shows it was indeed at least two people:P...  Now to the really observant ones, you can figure out what level of employment they are...and that's all I have to say about that...

• Like 2

It’s amazing how observant we all are. It truly is a game of cat and mouse, and I love the constant uncertainty of what the future awaits. PR staff does a GREAT job keeping us on our toes as we do the same for them. This is some pure off-season fun!

-Rapp will tell these stories of amazing times to the future crop of enthusiasts

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Hmrapp said:

It’s amazing how observant we all are. It truly is a game of cat and mouse, and I love the constant uncertainty of what the future awaits. PR staff does a GREAT job keeping us on our toes as we do the same for them. This is some pure off-season fun!

-Rapp will tell these stories of amazing times to the future crop of enthusiasts emoji5.png

Literally no evidence this is from PR. Looks a lot like seasonal associates to me.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, kirbias1 said:

Kings Island was the 2nd highest in amusement park attendance in the U.S. for 2016 behind Cedar Point and continues to be top 5 year in and year out. So, the question is not if it receives a giga, but when. This latest giga tease is probably from KI PR, but for all we know, it could be a tease for 2022 instead of 2019. Bottom line is simply this, if we do not see any kind of construction or clearing on or shortly after opening day, this tease is probably not for 2019.

If we don't get it in 2019, we would probably receive it in 2020 or 2021. 2022 is a possibility, but not very likely in my eyes. The 50th anniversary in my opinion will be used for general park improvements like paint, new flowers, new lights, etc. Also, even if we don't see construction on opening day, we could still see some stuff popping up throughout the season, but our expectations should be lowered now and definitely if we don't see teasers or construction on opening day, you should definitely lower your hopes. I should tell everyone to not get your hopes up that Kings Island is getting a coaster in 2019, which there is a good chance they aren't and you'll be disappointed when no coaster is announced next August.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

This is a very unlikely option because they would have to remove Vortex which is unlikely to leave, but let me explain this. The lift hill would go over Backlot Stunt Coaster but they wouldn't have to remove it and would drop down in Vortex's spot. They could keep Shake Rattle and Roll if they did it right. The ride will go near Beast and into the Dinosaur's Alive area. They would relocate Skyline Chili to another part of Coney Mall and probably move Scrambler to the old Flight Commander pad. Again this is very unlikely so please don't rip me into pieces because I know this will most likely not happen, but this is something I came up with. It would also give the coaster something most of KIs coasters have which is where you can watch the drop. Like for example Diamondback, Mystic Timbers, Banshee etc.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Maverick44 said:

The sheer scale of that coaster is huge  that you have in the dark green.  That's a good path for a tram/ train but we have that. I don't think so.

I meant general area. Like it wouldn't use the whole area. Gigas are huge rides. But still very unlikely they would use this area since they would have to remove Vortex.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I just wanna throw this out there. We should be discussing things about the giga yes. But Lets be realistic. They are not going to remove Vortex. I love to see ideas and all but lets think of things that make sense!

I specifically said in my post it's very unlikely that they would remove Vortex. That's just something I came up with.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maverick44 said:

The sheer scale of that coaster is huge  that you have in the dark green. 

A big coaster isn't necessarily a "bad" thing;), But I do get your point. We have space though and I don't think CF&KI are going to be particularly "cheap" with this coaster. I think they are willing to spend money on a record-breaking coaster and I personally think this coaster will be bigger than Fury 325 height-wise and length-wise.

• Like 2

^^ I'd love that. I was only saying that area's he had the coaster drawn in was far fetched going between BLSC and Diamondback. That's just IMO. Haha I think it will be huge but they have the land to play with and not have to cut across half the midways in the park lol

• Like 3

Running back to the screenshot showing the formation of "GIGA"

The only people who have true access to that area are people from Train or Mystic Timbers (No one from Foods needs to be back there, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't be.) It was more than likely the Mystic crew since they didn't have their ride for the night because of the snow. As far as I know, train had no involvement. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

What the entryway would look like if they did that area. Still, Very Unlikely.

IMG_20180110_164744_021.jpg

I know you are trying but there is no chance of this. I see your putting the coaster track with supports right in the middle of the CM midway

• Like 2