The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

5 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

^ I think the blue round area is where scrambler would be. If I had to guess. Wouldn't work since the size of the midway is not big enough. The ride is bigger then the blue spot shown.

The blue round thing is where the coasters entrance sign would be (like what Banshee has). Scrambler would be relocated to the old flight commander area. I said this isn't likely, but it's just something I thought of.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I said it's unlikely. Do people not read my descriptions carefully? 

Just because you said it's unlikely doesn't mean we can't give feedback :D. Honestly I don't see Coney Mall as a strong area for a giga coaster, I'd say Action Zone or X-Base would probably be best.

• Like 3

@Hawaiian Coasters 325 That purple a green monstrosity up there would be awesome. I think shouldn't cut back and go around The Bat and over that area it should go farther back near FoF then head back. There is a lot less space between Banshee and The Bat then what you can actually see.  I would move the entrance to the coaster in xbase and have it fly into the area you show back behind Banshee.

• Like 2

@Hawaiian Coasters 325 Just some food for thought... how many attractions at KI interact with each other? Mystic Timbers has interactions with the train and WWC, but that's it. KI is not a park that has coasters close enough to interact with one another, which is why I find your mock-ups pretty far-fetched. Definite improvement with the second one over the first one (having the ride go through the middle of the Coney Midway? This isn't CP), but still not likely in the slightest. I know you said it was "unlikely," but why even speculate something that's so unlikely? It's quite different to say, "I know it's unlikely, but the giga may work better in Rivertown than Action Zone/Coney Mall," because while it is unlikely, it is still within a normal scale of likeliness - having outlandish ideas and spamming a board with them is not on a scale of likeliness, and only stifles real conversation/theories and encourages others to up the ante with more outlandish ideas if we give the impression that such "out of the box" thinking is the norm or encouraged - which further stifles real conversation.

I don't mean to single you out, since there are several others who encourage empty talk and drive forward debates that go in circles because they cannot be reasoned with, but this is an issue that will have to be addressed at some point. Let's face it guys, news is slow as to what amusement parks do with developments and it is several years between big announcements with not a lot of new content to talk about, but idle unfounded speculation does lower the quality of posts and ideas in the community.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, mayaman2 said:

@Hawaiian Coasters 325 Just some food for thought... how many attractions at KI interact with each other? Mystic Timbers has interactions with the train and WWC, but that's it. KI is not a park that has coasters close enough to interact with one another, which is why I find your mock-ups pretty far-fetched. Definite improvement with the second one over the first one (having the ride go through the middle of the Coney Midway? This isn't CP), but still not likely in the slightest. I know you said it was "unlikely," but why even speculate something that's so unlikely? It's quite different to say, "I know it's unlikely, but the giga may work better in Rivertown than Action Zone/Coney Mall," because while it is unlikely, it is still within a normal scale of likeliness - having outlandish ideas and spamming a board with them is not on a scale of likeliness, and only stifles real conversation/theories and encourages others to up the ante with more outlandish ideas if we give the impression that such "out of the box" thinking is the norm or encouraged - which further stifles real conversation.

I don't mean to single you out, since there are several others who encourage empty talk and drive forward debates that go in circles because they cannot be reasoned with, but this is an issue that will have to be addressed at some point. Let's face it guys, news is slow as to what amusement parks do with developments and it is several years between big announcements with not a lot of new content to talk about, but idle unfounded speculation does lower the quality of posts and ideas in the community.

I agree with you on one level, but I disagree with you on another. Sure, @Hawaiian Coasters 325's ideas are far outside what most would consider probable, but who are we to judge what is too improbable for posting? It's all relative. I find the majority of giga speculation outlandish and ungrounded, but I don't think any of it should be banned or whatever.

You yourself said that these next few months will be slow, so who is he hurting with his ideas? We aren't CF Corporate. We don't have a deadline to submit some reasonable proposal. We also have absolutely no evidence to go off of. At this point, the giga may be in X-Base, down Coney Mall, a polar coaster around the Eiffel Tower, or never happening.

I think it does more damage to the community to tell people that their opinions are invalid or unwelcome than someone posting a little outside of reality. Let's not get too full of ourselves -- we're just chatting about an amusement park.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I saw your suggestions with interactions of other rides and I wanted to point out a few

Diamondback flying past train at 80mph

Banshee meeting up with Delirium at 139ft

Banshee and Bat “kissing” (which is what I was told was called when Banshee and Bat meet

Red Racer and WindSeeker

There is also some times when Adventure Express meets up with Banshee. What I mean is that when you crest the drop you can wave at the AE station. And maybe they will wave back. It’s kind of a rarer one though cause people don’t notice fast enough. 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, LoadAndGo said:

At this point, the giga may be in X-Base, down Coney Mall, a polar coaster around the Eiffel Tower, or never happening.

Or drop through the Royal Fountain, then go into Skyline and let you pick up a Coney, immediately turning to go back to the station. 

Jokes aside, I feel like even outlandish ideas can form much better ideas. I mean, without ridiculous ones, there may not be any ideas. 

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, sixohdieselrage said:

Or drop through the Royal Fountain, then go into Skyline and let you pick up a Coney, immediately turning to go back to the station. 

Jokes aside, I feel like even outlandish ideas can form much better ideas. I mean, without ridiculous ones, there may not be any ideas. 

Spashdown! Ryan, avoiding one word post

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, mayaman2 said:

I don't believe Mason has set a height limit for KI. AFAIK there's nothing in the area that would invoke a height limit.

A friend of mine is a learning to fly. He said there is a height restriction, but I can't remember what it was.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Right on the point where they tore down Sandcastle.

Of course that would happen. Anything that doesn't count as a coaster in Sandusky is more than likely to be unsafe from getting removed at some point.

Heck, even Mean Streak wasn't safe to some extent. At least at KI, we still have space.

• Like 3

Mean Streak was a rough ride. Too much work needing done to that coaster. I can understand the decision made on MS.  As for  Sandcastles supposedly there is going to a resort ( rumors ) with a pier connecting to boardwalk.  As CP continues to buy land off site it makes me think that something is in store for the park. Removing the stadium as well.  These are just my thoughts though.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LoadAndGo said:

A friend of mine is a learning to fly. He said there is a height restriction, but I can't remember what it was.

Even if we have a height restriction, as many other have said, it's not high enough to impede a giga. There goes my hopes for a strata at some point, but considering the terrain, I doubt that was going to happen anyway.

• Like 1