The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

16 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I like Diamondback, but I don't think it should stay the tallest and fastest coaster at Kings Island forever.

I still want to know how the park will market Diamondback if a giga comes:

"The tallest/fastest/longest coaster in the world to feature a splashdown"

*FYI did you know Ohio is the state with the most coasters over 200ft?*

• Like 6

^ I feel like that award might go to Firehawk.

Also, it could be Diamondback- the only hypercoaster in Ohio with Wing Seats!

EDIT: On second thought, wouldn't it be awesome if there was a Giga with Wing Seats (like Diamondback/SkyRush), or even a Giga Wing Coaster?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I just want something exciting  and more aggressive. They have perfect "tweener"  coasters. B&M is nice and all but sometimes just flat out boring. I want that Intamin Giga! =)

The only Giga I have rode is Millennium Force it was my first intamin coaster and I liked it but I think it's overrated by a lot. I would pick Diamondback over it ANY day, now maverick on the other hand...

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I just want something exciting  and more aggressive. They have perfect "tweener"  coasters. B&M is nice and all but sometimes just flat out boring. I want that Intamin Giga! =)

Diamondback? Boring?  Nah. LOL. I've swallowed a handful of bugs on that coaster.

WGSG, perhaps too easily impressed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, d-lo775 said:

Waiting in line for 30+ minutes, only to watch a coaster go down for a hour, is way more boring.

That's fine I'll wait that for an Intamin. Waited longer then that before. Have fun with your minivan! i'll take the corvette! All in good fun. I'd be happy with any giga at this point. Just fanboying out over here.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, whengodsaysgo said:

Diamondback? Boring?  Nah. LOL. I've swallowed a handful of bugs on that coaster.

WGSG, perhaps too easily impressed.

Come on up to CP.  During Mayfly season.  Then you will swallow bucket fulls of bugs.

jtro223, slightly overstating what can happen on Millie

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Could you imagine Diamondback Trains on Fury? Wow!

Have not yet ridden Fury but I feel like that would be insane with all its twists and turns!

EDIT: Also, RE: Diamondback being boring- that was one of the reasons that I didn't used to like Diamondback, but for some reason I enjoyed it more and more than I did in past seasons. It's still not my favorite coaster (The Bat (1993) is!), but it's climbing up the ranks... 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

That's fine I'll wait that for an Intamin. Waited longer then that before. Have fun with your minivan! i'll take the corvette! All in good fun. I'd be happy with any giga at this point. Just fanboying out over here.

I'll wave at you from my comfortable mini van going 90 m.p.h. when I pass your broken down Corvette. I take reliable over flashy any day, but that's just me.

Edited by d-lo775
added to comment
  • Like 6

Does anything ever come out of B&M vs. Intamin debates besides flames? Not trying to police what y'all talk about, but it seems like we hit up this subject every six months around here and never get anywhere constructive with it.

Not to mention that in recent years, manufacturers like S&S and RMC have opened more rides in America than either B&M or Intamin... But that's just my two cents. :) 

• Like 7

17 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Could you imagine Diamondback Trains on Fury? Wow!

That would be nice, but the capacity would be less. I usually have to wait more for Diamondback than Banshee since Banshee's trains sit four across. If we get a giga, I want it to have the fury style trains since that would help the opening weekend craziness. I think passholder preview for this giga would be twice as worse than what it was for Mystic Timbers. It would probably be a seven hour wait. A friend of mine had to wait seven hours for Banshee on opening weekend.

• Like 1