The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

2 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

That would be nice, but the capacity would be less. I usually have to wait more for Diamondback than Banshee since Banshee's trains sit four across. If we get a giga, I want it to have the fury style trains since that would help the opening weekend craziness. I think passholder preview for this giga would be twice as worse than what it was for Mystic Timbers. It would probably be a seven hour wait. A friend of mine had to wait seven hours for Banshee on opening weekend.

The longest the line ever got on opening weekend was 4 hrs at one point because Banshee went down for a bit. On average is was around 3 hrs for the majority of the day.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, d-lo775 said:

I'll wave at you from my comfortable mini van going 90 m.p.h. when I pass your broken down Corvette. I take reliable over flashy any day, but that's just me.

So tell me how many broken down corvettes you see on the side of the road compared to a minivan. Don't hate just because my opinion is Intamin. No need to keep going back and forth. You like B&M. whoopdeedo! I don't. Now that we are done with that. Other then who builds the ride. What style or a lay out would everyone like to see?

• Like 1

@Maverick44 I've ridden my fair share of intamins too and everyone likes what they like. However its hardly realistic that we'll see any major new Intamin installs within Cedar Fair unless its an impulse coaster or a used ride. Intamin has dropped the ball when it comes to reliably: Maverick and I305 had to be redesigned to make safety improvements, Shoot the Rapids could have killed its passengers, TTD and Xcelerator's cables snapped causing injuries, Superman: Ride of Steel failed to detect an unsecure restraint leading to the rider being ejected from the ride.

The company even states that accidents are inevitable which, in my opinion, is a sorry excuse for their reliability and doesn't really accept accountability. Its a known fact that the newer Intamin rides aren't the safest so why want something that could cause potential harm to guests? Companies like B&M, Mack, RMC, GCI, etc make rides that are a lot more safe and reliable than anything Intamin has made 

• Like 4

^^ I am not denying they may have some issues. A boy can wish! They have made my top 3 favorite coasters. I know its unlikely that CF uses them again but I am a holdout lol I just want everyone to know its just me and my love of some of their coasters. I feel like I am just being beating for liking them! Sigh oh well. Back to topic anyone?

• Like 1

I realize that The Beast is a one of a kind coaster made in house.  However, I can't help but wonder what kind of coaster (Giga or otherwise) current park engineers/maintenance staff would come up with given their experience in running and repairing our favorite rides.  If the sky was the limit, what would they do?  Hmmm...

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

What's Maverick's airtime hill doing in the background?

That was a parody concept I made years ago. A couple of years ago, one member suggested that the park should put some type of launch coaster between The Racer and FOF.

I have to find the thread where he/she posted it

• Like 3

I know Mack hasn't went over 300 feet yet. But when looking at their website it seems like they are throwing it out there that they can. I'd like a KI Giga to come from Mack. That's the closest thing your going to get to an Intiman, just a lot more reliable. Do I think that's gonna happen? NO!! I think KI is gonna get the first terrain Giga. I think the drop will be similar to what Apollo's Chariot does. I could see KI having about a 310 foot lift hill with a 340-350 drop. Especially if it's placed in the Dino's plot. I def think this Giga will be a B&M. With the B&M plant being 25 minutes away from KI it should keep shipping costs down and allow them to add more money into the ride. At least that's what I'm thinking. Anyways I hope this happens sooner rather than later.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

I can’t imagine anyone of any age being able to hold their bladder for 7 hours.  

I've done it several times. It's not hard, but it's also not good. The secret (and kids, this is not a good thing) is dehydration. If you're mildly dehydrated, you can go several hours without needing to pee. I have a bad habit of getting so engrossed in something that I lose all sense of time and completely forget about basic bodily needs, only to eventually realize that I haven't drank any fluids or used the bathroom in eight or more hours. That realization is usually quickly followed by an emergency run to the nearest bathroom, followed by going to the kitchen and draining about two glasses of water.

When you say seven hours, my first thought is high school, where the school day was seven hours long, and I almost never got a chance to use the restroom during the day. I would use the restroom once before homeroom and again after the final bell before getting on the bus. This was because we couldn't leave class for a restroom break, but the break between periods was only four minutes, which in overcrowded hallways was barely enough time to get from one class to another, especially if you had to stop at your locker to exchange books. And don't get me started on the tape on the floor separating the lunchroom from the restrooms in the adjacent hallway; if Facebook and Twitter had been around back then, people everywhere would have been outraged.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Oldschool75 said:

Here is my "prediction". This seems to make the most business sense and would correlate with the closing of Dinosaurs Alive. There is a lot of land between Racer and FOF for a station and queue. Also opening up the entrance to Coney Mall would help traffic flow.

KI Future.jpg 

That was sorta my idea for sprucing up Oktoberfest where I had the coaster's plaza start there and connect to Xbase and would have the coaster start in that area.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Oldschool75 said:

Here is my "prediction". This seems to make the most business sense and would correlate with the closing of Dinosaurs Alive. There is a lot of land between Racer and FOF for a station and queue. Also opening up the entrance to Coney Mall would help traffic flow.

I like that idea but I feel like they would have to move the exit of The Racer. Cutting the queue off, and sliding it under the shade structure would work. 

I also figure the Coca-Cola plaza (Or whatever it's called) would stay since its new. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, CoasterOhio said:

Adventure Express's Queue and Exit go over the road. Why can't this ride do the same?

My only problem with the Theory from Oldschool, is that the Park put money into the Coke plaza, so I don't believe they will be removing it at all. 

I dont think they would remove it.  It can be part of the entrance plaza.  And it would give the park an excuse to clean up the mess that is Hanks Burrito (Shack, Grille, Macaroni Bar) building.  It really is ugly the way it is now.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

That was sorta my idea for sprucing up Oktoberfest where I had the coaster's plaza start there and connect to Xbase and would have the coaster start in that area.

It's really not a bad idea. They aren't going to tear out the Coke building since they just did that in the last couple of years. The games and lockers can be moved. The storage building would have to go, but that's replaceable. That makes for a fairly nice entrance plaza with the Coke building in the middle.  They can bridge over the roads and reroute them some. Since we are just talking station and queue that has to go in that area, theres plenty of room. They could have the lift run right next to The Racer's lift and go out towards the DA area. They could come back up the same path or even wrap around X base and come back to the station between AE and FOF. Or, they could go out that way and have the bulk of the ride out towards Banshee. Either is feasible. 

That being said, I still think putting the station down in the DA area is a better idea for park flow. It would suck crowds down that way and increase sales at the shops and food options down there.  Putting the station by Racer will be better than putting it anywhere in Action Zone, but that is still a high traffic area. 

• Like 4

Oldschool75's prediction makes the most sense IMO. Between FOF and The Racer is the ideal spot. It could go back behind Banshee or it could go back where DA was. I also think the new possible Coney BBQ restaurant is going there because there will be even bigger crowds in this area because of the new possible Giga in 19 or 20. KI is always looking to the future and I'm sure the Coney BBQ could be the first step in a much bigger (giga) plan in 19. My only concern with getting a giga in 19 is that Canada's Wonderland is rumored to get a coaster that year. Usually, it seems Cedar Fair doesn't release large coasters in its bigger parks the same year. They seem to stagger the coasters built out over different years.

• Like 2

On 1/17/2018 at 9:52 PM, jtro223 said:

Come on up to CP.  During Mayfly season.  Then you will swallow bucket fulls of bugs.

jtro223, slightly overstating what can happen on Millie

A mistake I won't be making twice! Had fun on my trip last May, but I could've done without the bugs flying everywhere/splattered on every restraint!

On 1/18/2018 at 8:56 PM, Maverick44 said:

A terrain giga would be sweet. If its is like Apollo's then i'd be all for it. Still holding out for Intamin ( as I am the only on) haha. Mack go all in for a MAck giga as well since I have never seen that or been on one for obvious reasons haha.

I'd rather have a terrain hugging ride like Maverick (maybe Intamin, or maybe even Mack) than a Giga to be honest... That's just me though...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kirbias1 said:

My only concern with getting a giga in 19 is that Canada's Wonderland is rumored to get a coaster that year. Usually, it seems Cedar Fair doesn't release large coasters in its bigger parks the same year. They seem to stagger the coasters built out over different years.

Said while CF is building Steel Vengeance, Twisted Timbers, Railblazer, and Hangtime (and having heavy renovations done to Timberwolf) all in one year. I do have to say though, a few pages ago I laid out in detail why I believe the Giga will come in '21/'22, so I can't voice any support for '19 predictions.

• Like 3