The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

I always hear comments about how ugly the main entrance is and I kind of agree. Imo it does need a “face lift” but I don’t think it needs to CP or Carowinds makeover. Just making it more pleasing to the eye would be great as at the moment it looks like it’s stuck in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

The facades need a makeover, but the layout is fine as is, and any "entrance coaster" would almost certainly remove any charm the entrance for front of I-Street has. While they look cool at some parks, I wouldn't want one here. (Plus, we technically already have an entrance coaster in Invertigo. It's not as impressive as the others, but it's interesting and out of the way enough to not detract from the feel of the entrance.)

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

Ouitmet said Kings Island wouldn't be receiving a front gate update like the other parks so that means no front gate coaster. 

Opinions change, and CEO's change. As @chugh43 mentioned, we don't know who has the reigns at this point. Ouitmet or Zimmerman.

I do not want a gate coaster at all, but it would be nice to get rid of the roofing on the side of the entrance. It does not look appealing when the banners are down. I honestly can not believe they have not updated the entrance to look like the parking tool plaza and replaced the banners with an LED sign or signs.

• Like 4

Please do not make it look like Kings Dominion entrance plaza-specifically the plastic turrets and the plastic Kings Dominion logo on the right.  While I like the layout of the KD plaza, the treatments of plastic make it look cheap.  And the turnstyle building doesn't have the IR above it, so it is not as majestic as KI upon walking in.  I would love to see the tiles replaced or cleaned.  And I'd like to see pass processing revamped, and the landscaping returned to the classic KI logo on the right side.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, chugh43 said:

Matt Ouimet was at the decision making position or Rob Decker at one point , said somewhere that KI's entrance would not get an update like CP or Carowinds if I remember correctly.

You are 100% correct. Matt Ouimet said neither of the Kings parks would ever have anything done to the front entrance that would disrupt the shock and awe the fountains and tower provide. I'm sure we could see small touch ups. But I don't think they ever want a coaster to mess up the Kings parks grand entrance.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, SonofBaconator said:

I don't think KI/KD needs a front gate coaster as it would take away from the Eiffel Tower as the focal point.

I agree soooooo much with not messing with the entrance !!!!!! I don't really understand why everyone wants to change EVERYTHING  at kI ..I went to the park in 2017 after not being there in almost 10 years and I could not believe my eyes and was SOOOO disappointed in the park it was Un real.. so I'm really sad how everything has changed ..I know its not true but its like the entrance and tower and a hand full is all that's left of my fond memories of KI .. ANY WAYS THATS ALL I HAVE ..RANT OVER...:(

• Like 1

Back on the giga in Coney Mall idea. I just thought of this, but what if they could use the old Action Theatre as a station. Yes it would require extreme work like removing all the seats and levelling out the building and building a platform, but I think it could work. I don't know if there is anything happening in Action Theatre except for at Haunt. To get to it, because WindSeeker kinda blocks the way. While looking at Coney Mall pictures with WindSeeker, I think to get to it, they would have to remove the trees by Vortex's entrance and build a hidden plaza with the entrance going under Racer. Action Theatre would actually be a really cool station and they could maybe theme it. Another idea for Action Theatre is making it a 3D dark ride like what's at Canada's Wonderland and Carowinds.

• Like 2

The best realestate for a giga is the old Lion Country Safari. I can almost guarantee that if we got a Giga, to would be in Coney Mall/ X-Base (if they ever decide to expand it and make it its own section).

If they can fit a roller coaster in a tight space like they did for Mystic Timbers, I don't think adding a Giga to X-Base would be an issue.

• Like 4

^ It depends on what you define as a "seat". The motion simulator seats were removed during the 2010-2011 offseason to prepare for the upcharge dinosaur movie. Those seats, at least as of December 2011, were sitting in the backstage area between the parking lot and Planet Snoopy. I'm not sure if they've since been moved or disposed of, though I suspect they have, given the amount of time that has passed.

Anyway, the removal of those seats left the theater without any true seats, just the long benches that ran the width of the theater that were behind the motion seats. So it depends on whether you consider those benches to be seats. I personally don't, but others might.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sixohdieselrage said:

Isn't the Lion Country Safari the area where AZ, Bat, Banshee, AE, FoF, Firehawk, DA, and part of The Beast is at now?

Yes to AZ (partially), Banshee, FoF, Firehawk and DA!. Bat and AE coexisted with Wild Animal Habitat (as it was called at that point) and The Beast is on the opposite side of the park from where it was.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, chugh43 said:

Last I was in the building the motion seats were removed for the Dino's film. 

Correct, from that left side of the theater.

However the motion seats are sitting idle inside the Urgent Scare side of the theater. You can see them if you know where to look when you go through the maze.

• Like 4

Things I want to see in a KI giga

1. Height- This is a no-brainer but I'd like to have something that doesn't barley scrape 300ft
  2. B&M- This is strictly about reliability. B&M is the best candidate and currently has two gigas under its belt
  3. Length- Diamondback is over a mile long so I'll be shocked if a KI giga would be smaller than that
  4. A great layout- Fury 325 and Leviathan are nearly the exact same layout. I want to see more than just the typical "L" shaped layout that we've seen on the other B&M gigas. A terrain giga would be absolutely amazing
  5. Theming- None of the other gigas around the world really have any theming, maybe aside from I305.  With the work the park did with Banshee and MT, I would be bummed if there was little to no theming. 
  • Like 4

Things I want to see in a KI Giga.

1. Intamin - I mean I am fan boying but I feel they make the best coaster on earth. They deserve another shot after a lull. They may have been retooling some things. They have my vote.

2. Height and Speed - I'd like to see something around 335 -355 feet and that tops 95 mph.

3. Layout - Another thing Intamin is better at. They layouts all mostly all different. They would design a custom layout.

4. Theming  - I think all coasters should have great theming.

5. Great lightning package.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

With B&M track spotted at Canada’s Wonderland, assuming this is for a new coaster in 2019, does this change your mind about when KI could most likely get a new coaster (i.e. if you thought KI would get a Coaster in 2019 do you now think it’ll be a different year?)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1