The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

19 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

^Do you think for those smaller parks a B&M Dive would be a little too pricey for them I am not sure if any other mfg make dives. I would love to have a giga at KI before anything else. Well other then an Intamin Cowboy coaster.:rolleyes:

Sheikra was around $13.5 mil in 2005 which is around $17 mil in today's currency. Thunderbird cost HW $22 mil so I think they could easily afford a dive coaster in the future.

Dives are tall, thrilling, compact, and are huge crowd pleasers. I'm honestly suprised more US parks haven't installed them yet.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

The only place I think of a dive going is in Vortex's spot. (I know I will get beat up for saying this). It's just that Vortex's area has a perfect area for a dive coaster. I think the giga will come first before a dive. 

I've thought for a long time that when Vortex goes, they should put a twisty Floorless there. Now that Floorless coasters have fell out of favor, it's a longshot. It would still be a good replacement. 

• Like 1

I mean B&M's are good and all. Its just i'd like a little more excitement sometimes. I know this is my own opinion. I just find B&M's to get kinda boring  and smooth sailing. I wanna go fast and get whipped around that track! Banshee is great. Valravn is meh.  Haha All the Intamins that I have been on have been absolutely intense! I like the nervous feeling when you ride a coaster for the first time. I don't feel that why after a while for the B&M's sorry to rant but yeah haha I have yet to ride a Mack launch. So I stand by if they don't use Intaman I hope its Mack. Over B&M's

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rhyano said:

I think if KI were to get a dive coaster, it would be a good spot in X-Base, but please, no vests on this one, please! 

X-Base or even Action Zone would work. KI kinda needs at least one coaster with a 90° drop.

Even though I love them, the one issue I have with dive coasters is that they all have a very similar layout. Hopefully Canada's Wonderland will deliver something different.

• Like 2

On 2/6/2018 at 4:06 PM, mayaman2 said:

There's literally millions of different things they could do with that area. Dinos was removed due to its age and lack of maintenance (which is both the fault of KI and Dinosaurs Unearthed). Do not try and trap yourself into the mindset that it could ONLY be a giga or RMC; you will set yourself up for disappointment, every time. KI and CF are all about ROI, and based on the popularity of Mystic, we could very well see another good woodie sometime in the near future. SOB 2.0 with all that terrain down there?

Yeah i know lol i was just thinking a nice expansion of X-Base would be nice back there!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKLJ5RTIiTo

Or get this giga. Except as a Mack since Cedar Fair doesn't do Intamin. Imagine a mack giga like this with a beyond vertical drop.

I'd take it looks pretty cool. Some of the turns are a little long but yeah CF can always bring back Intamin. I wouldn't mind haha

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I'd take it looks pretty cool. Some of the turns are a little long but yeah CF can always bring back Intamin. I wouldn't mind haha

Cedar Fair most likely won't bring back intamin due to the big problems like for example: Shoot the Rapids, Maverick almost killing people before it opened, a cable fail on I305 the list goes on and on. I do agree that the turns are a little too intense, but I definetly would love a station like that where the coaster would fly through the building like that and have an indoor queue with a sciency type theme. It would fit in the Xbase area. Im wondering if b&m could try something like this (with not as many sharp turns) B&M could always try something new. They just haven't done it yet. Like not too many people thought they would be able to go over 300 feet and looky there! They did it with Leviathan! I want a giga to see how it changes the GP's view of Diamondback. A lot of them think Diamondback is the best thing ever (most of them are local people who probably haven't been to Cedar Point). While in line for Mystic this past summer I showed someone who was at the park with her children a picture of Fury 325 and said "How would you like something like this at KI" and she was like "That would be awesome."

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

Never say never. Just saying. B&M won't try anything new haha yawn! I'd rather it be Mack for sure if not Intamin. Just my own opinion.

I would hope for an Intamin as well, but I'd be happy with BM. I've only ridden two gigas, Millennium and Fury, and I have to say,  I like Milly better. It's a more intense ride IMO.  Keeps up it's speed from start to finish, where Fury lets up at the slow helix.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

Never say never. Just saying. B&M won't try anything new haha yawn! I'd rather it be Mack for sure if not Intamin. Just my own opinion.

That's for a reason. B&M is very cautious about its coasters, even hesitating and decling when asked to build new ones on occasion. The company wants to be known for reliability and uptime, not first tries and malfunctions. Sure Intamin isn't afraid to try new things but that can lead in a lot of downtime. Even Mack sticks to roughly the same concept and mechanics for most of its coasters.

• Like 4

I know we have all of our own opinions. I like the more intense coasters and to be honest the only Intamin I have ever seen have down time is Top Thrill Dragster and that was for the first couple seasons. I frequent CP more then KI due to the fact the coasters are more intense. Oh I like B&M don't get me wrong. Raptor and Banshee are my top fav's. Others are decent. I'd like to give Intamin another stab at it or give it to Mack.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I have not. You have my attention lol

I watched a video of Lightning Run....seems meh?

Meh and Lightning Run are not compatible in the same sentence.  LOL.  It looks like an Arrow, rides like an Intamin, and has the smoothness of a B&M.  The ONLY thing I don't like it the ejector air on the last 3 bunny hills.  It is too forceful for my taste.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Maverick44 said:

I know we have all of our own opinions. I like the more intense coasters and to be honest the only Intamin I have ever seen have down time is Top Thrill Dragster and that was for the first couple seasons. I frequent CP more then KI due to the fact the coasters are more intense. Oh I like B&M don't get me wrong. Raptor and Banshee are my top fav's. Others are decent. I'd like to give Intamin another stab at it or give it to Mack.

Maverick had it's fair share of downtime this past year (one of my best friends was one of the TL's there and I got a daily update lol). Millennium has it's fair share too. 

• Like 3

This has turned into an Intamin topic and its really taking away from the actual thread.

A lot of speculation for a giga comes from fact and background information.

Fact-Cedar Fair has favored B&M over Intamin for new rides for the past couple of years and are currently exploring other companies like GCI, RMC, and Gerstlauer.

Fact- Cedar Fair has had many issues with late Intamin rides in contrast to rides from other companies.

If many recall the Green Intamin track troll during the Decoding 2014 construction topic which ultimately lead to nowhere and didn't really contribute to the discussion. Heck I want a B&M dive but I know that's most likly not gonna in the near future.

No member can disclose whether the next coaster will be a B&M, RMC, Mack, Gerstlauer, or even Intamin, however we can make logical predictions based on past actions and events. Everyone likes what they like but the direction this thread is going is getting a little frustrating. 

• Like 5