The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

Here was my take on a shirt design. Obviously, The Kings Island® Logo belongs to Kings Island. Of course, the Giga hasn't even been confirmed so its all speculation with the date and term "Go Commando". I just quickly made the shirt using "Custom Ink".GO Comando.JPG

Projectki.JPG

• Like 6

19 hours ago, Xdog42 said:

Here was my take on a shirt design. Obviously, The Kings Island® Logo belongs to Kings Island. Of course, the Giga hasn't even been confirmed so its all speculation with the date and term "Go Commando". I just quickly made the shirt using "Custom Ink".GO Comando.JPG

Projectki.JPG

Nice shirts! But what if (even though it's sorta unlikely at this point) it said #kiproject2019 that would be amazing if it came for 2019! 2021 would be nice so I could take my college buddies to Kings Island to ride Commando!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Tera Ryzing said:

Just would like something different.  Underwhelmed with leviathan and other b&m hypers.  Have not ridden fury yet.  Prefer millennium and I305 gigas.

I agree that Leviathan was pretty weak compared to others but Fury seems to be superior. Hopefully they'll just get better

• Like 2

I do think there's a very high probability that a giga coaster is coming to Kings Island within the next few seasons.

The odds of the giga being anything other than a B&M are close to zero though.  Cedar Fair hasn't worked with Intamin in years.  Mack has yet to go anywhere near 300'.  Cedar Fair isn't going to spend $30 million on a project of this magnitude without knowing exactly what they're getting.  Leviathan and Fury 325 and the smaller B&M megas like Diamondback have been enormous hits for their respective parks.  A B&M giga at Kings Island would have a strong possibility of being the best ride in the world.  There's no other coaster company that provides the combination of reliability, comfortable ride, throughput, and ROI that B&M provides.

From the park's perspective you finally get a no-doubt-about-it signature attraction.  Mystic Timbers was a brilliant addition - fun, re-rideable, a 48" height attraction...but it didn't break the bank.  The Western Row construction project didn't include the expansion of Kings Island Drive without cause.  The new parking arrangement is designed to better flow through more cars.  It's been nearly 10 years since Diamondback, a ride that completely changed the dynamic of the park.  The attendance of the park can more than support a ride of this magnitude.

It's time.  If it makes financial sense for the park to install a giga, they will.  Kings Island has the land.  Kings Island has the attendance.  It's just a matter of time. 

• Like 7