The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

I am wondering if the tower will be Intamin? This article mentions S&S. I assume the coaster itself will be an S&S unless things changed. This is from 4 years ago.

https://fossbytes.com/skyscraper-worlds-tallest-roller-coaster-releases-preview-ride-video/ 

U.S. Thrill Rides and S&S Worldwide are building the world’s tallest roller coaster and they’ve released a computer generated POV video to provide a preview to the riders.

Your same Wiki page under History answers the question. It will be Intamin. I did not know it had changed from S&S.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polercoaster

At the 2011 International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA) Trade Show in Orlando, Florida, the Polercoaster was initially announced as a joint venture between US Thrill Rides and S&S Worldwide. US Thrill Rides' Bill and Michael Kitchen invented the concept to allow amusement parks with little available space to be able to design a full-size roller coaster. S&S Worldwide would manufacture roller coaster component, which would be designed by Alan Schilke.[1][2] US Thrill Rides and S&S Worldwide will subcontract parts of the ride's fabrication to Celtic Engineering and Haskell Steel.[3]

Bill Kitchen was pleased with the ride's initial reception at the show stating "we should have firm contracts signed by the end of the year", with anticipation that at least one installation would open in 2014.[4] The first contracts were announced in late 2013 with design and construction expected to take 24 months.[1]

In July 2015, it was announced that the supply contract for the Orlando Polarcoaster had been awarded to Intamin, and that S&S was no longer involved.[5]

• Like 1

On 2/21/2018 at 6:38 PM, silver2005 said:

Might I remind you of issues with Intamin's in the past, which include but aren't limited to-

- Broken cables and chains

- Massive redesigns of large track sections

- Rides that are rare to open on time

- Log flumes disengaging lifts, falling backwards and capsizing

- Rider ejections

And after all that, they have the audacity and nerve to say that they are an acceptable part of the industry and have little to show of any improvements with their installments overseas, nor have they had any innovations lately.  B&M doesn't stoop that low.  Show me something B&M has done that comes close to that list that wasn't human error.  I'll wait (I'll save you the time, there aren't any).   And say what you want about their ride quality in terms of experiences, but they have a second to none safety record.  I'd rather have that than an under-designed ride, whether it'd be the ride experience or safety equipment.

What about the failure of b&m's wooden trains.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I hate to get off topic but would you prefer an Intamin Giga or a B&M Giga. In my opinion I say B&M even though I'm an intamin Fanboy. It would fit KI's aesthetic of airtime filled coasters, but then again I don't want it to be another Canadas wonderland so maybe an intense Intamin would be nice, even though CF hasent worked with them in a while.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Mystic.Timber1 said:

I hate to get off topic but would you prefer an Intamin Giga or a B&M Giga. In my opinion I say B&M even though I'm an intamin Fanboy. It would fit KI's aesthetic of airtime filled coasters, but then again I don't want it to be another Canadas wonderland so maybe an intense Intamin would be nice, even though CF hasent worked with them in a while.

You can see plenty of that topic in the last 5 pages of this thread.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

What if B&M and Intamin went in on a giant giga. I mean how awesome would that be?

The men who formed B&M originally worked for Intiman. I'm sure they could put their heads together if they really wanted to. But I highly doubt that would ever happen. Walter & Claude left Intiman for a reason.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, BuckeyeBond said:

The men who formed B&M originally worked for Intiman. I'm sure they could put their heads together if they really wanted to. But I highly doubt that would ever happen. Walter & Claude left Intiman for a reason.

Most people leave before being fired.:lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2