The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

2 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

Ahhh so similar. I hope that if they do go with B&M its some sort of new layout. Dang B&M cookie cutters lol

1 hour ago, Tera Ryzing said:

B&m = two cookie cutter giga

Intamin = two different giga.

Morgan = 1 giga

Calling B&M Gigas cookie cutters is absolutely ridiculous. From what I've heard from multiple people is that they are both different experiences, and one is cleary better than the other. Also, there's only two of them. Which goes against the definition of a cookie cutter (The Batman clones could fit that definition). Pretty sure a 30 million dollar giga isn't a cookie cutter.

With this logic being used I could just call both companies cookie cutters. One cookie cutter is very reliable and durable. The other always breaks when I try to use it. Can you guess which one is which? :D

• Like 5

1 hour ago, JubJester said:

Calling B&M Gigas cookie cutters is absolutely ridiculous. From what I've heard from multiple people is that they are both different experiences, and one is cleary better than the other. Also, there's only two of them. Which goes against the definition of a cookie cutter (The Batman clones could fit that definition). Pretty sure a 30 million dollar giga isn't a cookie cutter.

With this logic being used I could just call both companies cookie cutters. One cookie cutter is very reliable and durable. The other always breaks when I try to use it. Can you guess which one is which? :D

This is why I said LOL.  Relax buddy! I know only the Batmen coaster are. I know the rides are different and they change the layouts just enough not to be the exact same. 

That being said though. One cookie may be reliable but is a boring sugar cookie. The other is a more exciting snickerdoodle!!!! haha ^_^ people get so serious!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

This is why I said LOL.  Relax buddy! I know only the Batmen coaster are. I know the rides are different and they change the layouts just enough not to be the exact same. 

That being said though. One cookie may be reliable but is a boring sugar cookie. The other is a more exciting snickerdoodle!!!! haha ^_^ people get so serious!

"Lol" isn't a great indicator on if your joking or not. It could mean you're laughing at someone. I am relaxed, buddy. 

Yeah, a snickleddodle you're not sure you can get out of the jar without breaking it.:)

If this back and forth between what  manufacture continues, we will be near page 1000 by the time we could get a giga. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

But you were pretty sure we were getting a Skywarp this season weren't ya? 

Don't forget about 2018 where 4 major coasters (respectively) for the parks are being built. 

Also what happened in the past isn't guaranteed to be the way it'll happen in the future. We also have a new head of the company. Things can and will change.

• Like 5

Also B&Ms tend to be more expensive as well. In the 2010s, if you also include Behemoth and Diamondback, Cedar Fair bought a TON of coasters by B&M which I'm sure wasn't cheap. Now that they're working more with GCI and starting to do work with RMC, the company has a little more wiggle room to spend in the future. 

• Like 2

Gotta love it haha. Of course I'd love to get a giga or strata coaster in the park. I'd be very happy with a cowboy coaster as well. I just really want something that is intense! Really to be honest I don't see any coaster at KI currently being an intense ride. Banshee and Diamond back maybe but Just give me 1 coaster that matches the intensity of the 3 intamins at CP. IDK who builds them at KI!

• Like 1

I know, To be honest I prefer coaster's without many in my old age haha(If 32 is old). I used to love the more the better. I was just saying it would be the first giga ever with a 90 degree drop and the only with an inversion. I highly doubt they would ever put an inversion on a giga seeing as they go way to fast for an inversion. Just sparking conversation on a giga :rolleyes:

• Like 1