The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

1 hour ago, sixohdieselrage said:

Wasn't she/he banned?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Maverick44 said:

^^ I remember that name for some reason. Wasn't she the one gal  that was crazy over MT was going to be an Intamin?

I remember them- h/she (Username suggests female, but when you click it it says male on the profile- odd) was crazy about RMC's (not Intamin- though they did seem to be OK with Intamin at least), and was sure Mystic Timbers was going to be one as soon as we realized it was not a Giga but a wooden coaster. S/he was one of a few people who really firmly thought it would be a RMC, and when it was revealed to be a GCI (which most of the evidence and Cedar Fair's past trends pointed to anyway) s/he seemed upset about it.

And yeah, s/he did get banned. I think it was before Mystic Timbers even opened as well, as I don't recall them ever saying anything about the ride when it did. (You can still search for banned members via the search tool, BTW, if anyone didn't know that)

Oh, and on the "Cowboy Coaster" comment, out of curiosity I went to Intamin's web site to see what they consider Maverick: According to them, and they made the ride so they have a lot of say in it: Maverick is a LSM Launched Coaster. (As far as I know, Cowboy Coaster is a nickname for Maverick, and enthusiasts have taken to calling this and other rides of this model "Blitz Coasters"...I like that name more than LSM Launched Coaster, but it's not official.)

https://www.intaminworldwide.com/project/maverick/

(Link in case anyone else wants to see Intamin's "official" site page for Maverick)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Magenta Lizard said:

I'd ride it!

cda7b05114279d259dea1f18813621ae--race-h

I know this won't happen but I think it would be a great fit for KI. I'd love to see TimberWolf removed and BLSC moved to that area of the park. Breath some new life into that corner of the park along with a new theme for the ride. Then I'd love to see the new Steeplechase ride concept that S&S has been working go in where BLSC currently stands. I think a Steeplechase ride like this would be much more appealing to families & would be a homerun hit if it was located where BLSC is now.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, BuckeyeBond said:

I know this won't happen but I think it would be a great fit for KI. I'd love to see TimberWolf removed and BLSC moved to that area of the park. Breath some new life into that corner of the park along with a new theme for the ride. Then I'd love to see the new Steeplechase ride concept that S&S has been working go in where BLSC currently stands. I think a Steeplechase ride like this would be much more appealing to families & would be a homerun hit if it was located where BLSC is now.

This would be a fun little ride to add to along the pathway between the BLSC land and Diamondback. Make it longer and run two trains and people would really enjoy it.

Or overhaul BLSC totally. Make the entrance to the ride in Rivertown instead of Coney Mall, retheme BLSC to the west, repaint the track to brown and replace the cars with horses. 

• Like 7

6 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

This would be a fun little ride to add to along the pathway between the BLSC land and Diamondback. Make it longer and run two trains and people would really enjoy it.

Or overhaul BLSC totally. Make the entrance to the ride in Rivertown instead of Coney Mall, retheme BLSC to the west, repaint the track to brown and replace the cars with horses. 

Pony Express is a FUN ride.  The seats/restraints are a little awkward.  But I think with a little creativity, the Junkyard Coaster could become a signature attraction rather than an eyesore.  If Les Taxis were returned in front of the coaster with some outstanding landscaping, both International Street and Rivertown could be incorporated, with future attractions in the area by the drink stand that is rarely open.  The possibilities are endless, but cash isn't.  I do think the park management is making some good long term decisions.  Hopefully this area is on the radar.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

That would be so much! Someone that works at KI needs to go higher up and get this started haha I wish it was that easy.

More easy than tearing it down and building a new coaster. Replace the junkyard theming with the wild west and change the trains and people will like it a lot more. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

More easy than tearing it down and building a new coaster. Replace the junkyard theming with the wild west and change the trains and people will like it a lot more. 

Yep, and possibly plant a tree or 2.   It is so empty...

• Like 2

I don't understand the junkyard comments? Your ride is suppose to be in LA. If you are in Long Beach near the Queen Mary, there are shipping containers everywhere. You are not on a high speed chance down Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills. The ride fits the LA theme.

I agree it doesn't look as nice as Les Taxis did, but it does have theme that still operates, and I do appreciate that.

• Like 4

If they did do this I would like to see them add some hills or some sort. Not sure they would start off with a launch up a "main hill" then over and down into the rest of the coaster. I would like to see that helix on BLSC to go byebye.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I don't understand the junkyard comments? Your ride is suppose to be in LA. If you are in Long Beach near the Queen Mary, there are shipping containers everywhere. You are not on a high speed chance down Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills. The ride fits the LA theme.

I agree it doesn't look as nice as Les Taxis did, but it does have theme that still operates, and I do appreciate that.

The main issue is that the ride has pretty much the same theme as Italian Job Stunt Track, just altered without the name branding. The coaster doesn't really feel like it fits in with the rest of the park and is one of the more obvious remnants of Paramount.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

The coaster doesn't really feel like it fits in with the rest of the park and is one of the more obvious remnants of Paramount.

I don't disagree with this statement. I just think calling it a junkyard coaster is a little much because it does not fit in.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

I would like to see that helix on BLSC to go byebye.

Why would you get rid of the helix? That's my favorite part of the ride. Always a suprise element because it works very well. 

I agree with @IndyGuy4KI . Just because it doesn't fit the area, doesn't mean it's a bad coaster.

• Like 2

I call it the Junkyard Coaster because it looks like a coaster plopped in the middle of a junkyard. The coaster itself is really fun. But its placement ruined one of the most scenic areas of the park. They could do so much for the area by landscaping and perhaps a clean up/retheme to BLSC that it could be the new "shady Grove" of KI.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

• Like 2