The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

4 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Imo they should do live webcams for each area of the park. For example: a Rivertown cam, a Planet Snoopy cam, an Action Zone cam, and a Coney Mall cam. I also don't think we'd see a construction fence if the giga is in Dinosaur's Alive since Racer is in the way. In my opinion, I think we'd see the old Dino's entrance blocked off with some sort of sign and then throughout the season, we see some teaser posters popping up around Coney Mall like with Steel Vengeance where wanted posters started popping up around Frontiertown. I think this giga will be themed to Coney Mall since Cedar Fair seems to be adding coasters themed to certain areas of the park. Like for example, Mystic Timbers with Rivertown.

If it's given a Coney Island theme to match the area, they could name it "Wildcat," named after the PTC woodie which operated at Coney from 1925 to 1964. Since it would be built in the woods, the Wildcat theme would go well with a prowling forest creature. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BlondyRidesOn said:

If it's given a Coney Island theme to match the area, they could name it "Wildcat," named after the PTC woodie which operated at Coney from 1925 to 1964. Since it would be built in the woods, the Wildcat theme would go well with a prowling forest creature. 

I prefer it themed to Xbase myself

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Codyfryguy said:

The do have that clear land out there for field of screams... althoguh they would be losing an attraction for haunt they could really utilize that area for track 

I was curious what was gonna happen to that attraction. I wonder if the park knew DA's demise when they added Field of Screams.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

I was curious what was gonna happen to that attraction. I wonder if the park knew DA's demise when they added Field of Screams.

I think they knew or at least saw the possibility of it leaving. Just based on how early they plan things. They can always put the queue of Field of Screams on the other side (where the exit is) facing The Racer. Plenty of room for a queue, and they can still run the exit there or on the side.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Don't forget my interview with Mike Koontz about the DA area for 2018. The video starts right before the DA question.

"It's the most expensive haunt building in the world..." LOL 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

That may be possible. I just think they need to show X-Base some love. Its been since 2007 since that area got Firehawk.

Maybe add some bathrooms?

The new giga will use SOB's station like El toro uses a former station.  Go out toward the little miami, turn down and run along side the river with ejector hills, then finish as a terrain twister in the DA space.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Tera Ryzing said:

Maybe add some bathrooms?

The new giga will use SOB's station like El toro uses a former station.  Go out toward the little miami, turn down and run along side the river with ejector hills, then finish as a terrain twister in the DA space.

Do you have credible sources that state that "it will" use that station? I really don't think it will to be honest. Also is this going to be the longest giga in the world because that distance is insane.

I also agree that restrooms would be needed. Also with other food and drink options.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Do you have credible sources that state that "it will" use that station? I really don't think it will to be honest. Also is this going to be the longest giga in the world because that distance is insane.

I also agree that restrooms would be needed. Also with other food and drink options.

then it would be the longest roller coaster in the world.. https://rcdb.com/1173.htm

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maverick44 said:

Has anyone had any credible sources in this 49 page thread?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

From a logistics standpoint, it makes little sense to put it in the SOB station or anywhere in Action Zone. You already have Banshee over there pulling crowds to the area. It makes more sense to put it in Coney somewhere, like the DA plot, to redistribute crowds that way. It puts more people around food and merch that doesn't get as much traffic currently. 

• Like 1