The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

I think the re-use of the SOB station is about 5%. I do not think there is enough room between The Bat and Banshee to run track out of that station and back in. It would take some creativity to use that station with the other 2 coasters right there and getting the track to run though there. I also do not think they need another queue for a major coaster in AZ. I guess I could be wrong.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I think the re-use of the SOB station is about 5%. I do not think there is enough room between The Bat and Banshee to run track out of that station and back in. It would take some creativity to use that station with the other 2 coasters right there and getting the track to run though there. I also do not think they need another queue for a major coaster in AZ. I guess I could be wrong.

Depends on the manufacturer.

co-explore.jpg

• Like 1

Ok so Coney Mall has 3 if we don't count X-Base, if we do it has 5 coasters,  Action Zone has 3 but is harder to add but not impossible.  Coney Mall is easier to add another coaster to that area, but would it be okay to use that space for another coaster, or use it for flat classic rides?  I think they could add more flats and another coaster and still have its Coney atmosphere (done right).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Imperial79 said:

Ok so Coney Mall has 3 if we don't count X-Base, if we do it has 5 coasters,  Action Zone has 3 but is harder to add but not impossible.  Coney Mall is easier to add another coaster to that area, but would it be okay to use that space for another coaster, or use it for flat classic rides?  I think they could add more flats and another coaster and still have its Coney atmosphere (done right).

As the two racer coasters share a queue and essentially the same ride path, for the space taken up and crowd flow discussion, they are pretty much one coaster. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, fryoj said:

As the two racer coasters share a queue and essentially the same ride path, for the space taken up and crowd flow discussion, they are pretty much one coaster. 

Yes that's true, but the count is still the same,  3 in regular Coney Mall, 2 in X-Base. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

There is more room than people think. In this picture, you will see that there is enough room for a turn out of the station into the lift that would go over the bats turn around.

Screenshot_20180307-165614.png

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

There is more room than people think. In this picture, you will see that there is enough room for a turn out of the station into the lift that would go over the bats turn around.

Could there be a possibility of building around The Bat?Screenshot_20180309-163601.png

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

The Bat train swings out over top Banshee's footer. They are not going to route a single coaster track through there, let alone both the track leading out and track coming back through there. Whether or not they could get the track to that station or not, doesn't really matter anyway. They won't save that much money reusing it. Even then, they'd still have to retrofit it for a steel coaster. Building a $30 million park icon coaster, they aren't going to say, hey we can save 1/2 a percent of our costs reusing that station. 

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, fryoj said:

The Bat train swings out over top Banshee's footer. They are not going to route a single coaster track through there, let alone both the track leading out and track coming back through there. Whether or not they could get the track to that station or not, doesn't really matter anyway. They won't save that much money reusing it. Even then, they'd still have to retrofit it for a steel coaster. Building a $30 million park icon coaster, they aren't going to say, hey we can save 1/2 a percent of our costs reusing that station. 

Thank you for using logic! While it'd be nice to see that station used again outside of the Haunt dates....it just does not make sense. We're not in some kind of world where it's just easy to plop a coaster in a place to use an old station. There would be a lot of work needed to be done, clearances would really need to be tested and of course designing would be a challenge to, for the queue and the ride. 

• Like 5

The best place for a giga is back in X-base and using part of the old DA area.  That area needs a capacity machine and it also draws more people to that area of the park.  Dispersing crowds throughout the park makes sense especially as congested as some areas like Rivertown have gotten with 3 of the top 4 coasters in park located there.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BlondyRidesOn said:

I wouldn't take a Chance on that.

Blondy, using his words carefully.

Chance bought the Morgan assets in 2001.  I would be ok with a giga lightning run with comfortable open air trains.  The ejector air would rival intamin.  

• Like 2

18 hours ago, JubJester said:

If there would ever be a RMC Giga, it would be most likely a Goliath (Six Flags Great America) type design. 

I would like that since it would be different from Millennium Force and Diamondback (which I think the whole giga is too similar to DB thing is complete nonsense). Also Kings Island likes being known for their wooden coasters.

• Like 2