The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

I kinda like this concept obviously this is Intamin I would prefer a B&M but I kinda like this concept low to the ground fast throughout.. I would like more sharp twists instead of long drawn out turns.. this would also be the first giga with a inversion (2). I don’t know how that would work.. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, silver2005 said:

How about no low curve after a 300 ft drop after how I-305's turned out. 

I305's first turn is great but illustrates why you have to draw out the curves, tight turns will produce way too much force. I'd like more I305 type turns and twists but without the huge intensity peak I305 has.

• Like 2

^And last I checked, I-305 had to have its first curve redesigned and even had trims all the way down its first hill due to black outs.  The GOP and even  a lot of enthusiasts aren't too keen on sustained positive G's, even if its only 2-3 G's. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

^And last I checked, I-305 had to have its first curve redesigned and even had trims all the way down its first hill due to black outs.  The GOP and a lot of even a lot of enthusiasts aren't too keen on sustained positive G's, even if its only 2-3 G's. 

I think the trim breaks were removed?

• Like 1

This layout would imo fit the best in the KI lineup with the airtime and speed. Obviously it should be taller and faster than Fury 325. Don't really care for the name. I think that if it goes in coney mall it should be themed to Coney Mall since Cedar Fair tends to be theming their coasters to certain areas of the park. Probably themed to a creature in the coney mall woods and probably the teasers should be missing people posters posted around coney mall kinda like how the wanted posters for steel vengeance were posted all over frontier town. 

• Like 1

I think it's important to remember that these "concepts," povs and all that are to our knowledge not coming from the park. The park with Rob Decker come up with a basic layout for rides in the area wanted and go to their manufacture of choice to see what they come up with. When the initial design with layout is given, the Rob Decker and his crew look it over, see what they like/don't like and then make changes as needed to ensure it's what is wanted. 

We can share different No Limits creations and how we think it's going to be what's coming to KI until we are blue in the face, but that doesn't change the fact that these are just some coaster fans creating an idea that the park/Rob Decker will likely never see or the manufactures will ever use.

• Like 5

^^ Agreed.  We have no idea what is going to take place or when it is going to happen. This is why these are speculation pages and no one on here should really  take anything serious unless confirmed by the park to the public. That's my opinion though. I liked the videos posted. I know they have nothing to do with KI at all. Good concepts thought. First one more so.  

• Like 1

In my opinion, that concept is way too similar to Diamondback in the same park, I would make this ride a little more Fury 325 and keep the ride about the sensation of maintaining speed. Busch Gardens Williamsburg does this really well and makes each coaster completely different than one another, instead of constantly taking away from each ride every time a new coaster is built if that makes sense.

• Like 1

B&M may be it but man I'd give anything for an intamin. I know it won't happen but I'd love to see a new intamin giga. It can start out with a huge hill and drop into another hill/ drop then into a ground hugger. Tight turns into bunny hills. Just thinking about any coaster at this point makes me dislike winter so much.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Maverick44 said:

B&M may be it but man I'd give anything for an intamin. I know it won't happen but I'd love to see a new intamin giga. It can start out with a huge hill and drop into another hill/ drop then into a ground hugger. Tight turns into bunny hills. Just thinking about any coaster at this point makes me dislike winter so much.

Trust me! I would love an Intamin! But because of the constant downtime/reliable problems, CF just can't trust Intamin. B&M would be awesome, but I would prefer Intamim.

• Like 2

I mean to be honest Mill force doesn't have a lot of down time. I mean I go to CP about 5 /6 times a season since about 1998. There has only been 1 time it wasn't open. That's since 2000 and I have been on it each and every time I go. I mean I know people have there feelings about Intamin. I sure hope CF uses them again within the chain.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I mean to be honest Mill force doesn't have a lot of down time. I mean I go to CP about 5 /6 times a season since about 1998. There has only been 1 time it wasn't open. That's since 2000 and I have been on it each and every time I go. I mean I know people have there feelings about Intamin. I sure hope CF uses them again within the chain.

Most likely not since Maverick almost killed people, I305 was too intense on opening year, Shoot the Rapids having too much problems, broken cable on I305, the list goes on. Millennium Force, what I have heard goes down like 4 times a day, so maybe you rode it when it was running and you weren't there when it would break down. 

• Like 1

When did Maverick almost kill people? I Where do you get your news Infowars? haha Have you ever heard of the saying, Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see? I also don't leave the park the days I go. I pat attention to coasters like that all day to see if running or down. Never had a problem.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

When did Maverick almost kill people? I Where do you get your news Infowars? haha Have you ever heard of the saying, Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see? I also don't leave the park the days I go. I pat attention to coasters like that all day to see if running or down. Never had a problem.  

Before Maverick opened, it had a heartline roll, and they had to take out the heartline roll because of the unsafe amount of G's it produced during testing which would've killed people if they hadn't taken it out.

• Like 2

It is an unfair statement to say Maverick almost killed people. It didn't. Also the roll was said to put too much stress on the trains. No where does it say it would have killed people. I have no idea where you get your information.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Most likely not since Maverick almost killed people, I305 was too intense on opening year, Shoot the Rapids having too much problems, broken cable on I305, the list goes on. Millennium Force, what I have heard goes down like 4 times a day, so maybe you rode it when it was running and you weren't there when it would break down. 

Sounds like rumors from intamin haters.  If KI got a couple intamin, there would be so much b&m bashing...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maverick44 said:

I am not trying to bash B&M at all. I enjoy their coasters. I just like Intamin better. I would never bash B&M. I don't look to start that on this page again.

I mean since the park has a couple b&m's the consensus is to bash intamin.

• Like 1

I mean they have a right. Intamin has some fails. Shoot the Rapids being the worst in my mind. I am an Intamin fanboy and I can admit that both companies to be have their ups and downs. B&M's are people movers but aren't that intense or are simply boring. Intamins push the envelope when it comes to tech and it takes a while to understand it. All in All they are all great coasters and everyone will have their own preference. Yes people like to bash them but what good does it too. CP's best coasters in my eyes are all Intamin and CP is the coaster capitol of the USA! I'll take that as a win for Intamin.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

It is an unfair statement to say Maverick almost killed people. It didn't. Also the roll was said to put too much stress on the trains. No where does it say it would have killed people. I have no idea where you get your information.

Yes, it did put too much stress on the trains, but with the way the train went through the roll, it would've put too much G forces on the riders that could even kill people.

• Like 1