The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

25 minutes ago, Tera Ryzing said:

I mean since the park has a couple b&m's the consensus is to bash intamin.

Park also has a couple of Intamins should we bash John Allen designs?

not sure why we continue to have this discussion, the arguments never change, nor do the realities.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tera Ryzing said:

Sounds like rumors from intamin haters.  If KI got a couple intamin, there would be so much b&m bashing...

Rumors? I love Intamin coasters, but cable breaking on I305 keeping the ride down for a week- true, Maverick's G-Force being too intense, thus tearing the trains apart- true, Shoot The Rapids nearly killed 12 people if it wasn't for bystanders that jumped into a restricted area to save them (not to mention how lucky Cedar Point got that Texas Giant killed someone on the same day)... I love Intamin, they are certainly the company that makes up the majority of my top 20 roller coasters, if I had to guess, Mack is going to eventually replace Intamin, they are doing almost everything better these days (by the way things look), also a Time Traveler POV is now out and I can for sure say SDC is on my radar this season.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Yes, it did put too much stress on the trains, but with the way the train went through the roll, it would've put too much G forces on the riders that could even kill people.

For Tony Clark's sake, Maverick did NOT almost kill people. What you just described is called the initial testing process successfully doing the job it was designed for. There's a reason new coasters are tested with dummies before humans get on, and that is to make sure there are no flaws like that. Humans, even employees, do not ride a new coaster until it has been confirmed safe. Maverick was thoroughly tested with dummies, a flaw was found, and that flaw was fixed before humans ever rode it (source). At no point did it endanger people. It's a negative mark against Intamin, yes, but don't try to claim that It almost killed people. Reserve that claim for Shoot the Rapids, which actually did almost kill people.

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, jcgoble3 said:

For Tony Clark's sake, Maverick did NOT almost kill people. What you just described is called the initial testing process successfully doing the job it was designed for. There's a reason new coasters are tested with dummies before humans get on, and that is to make sure there are no flaws like that. Humans, even employees, do not ride a new coaster until it has been confirmed safe. Maverick was thoroughly tested with dummies, a flaw was found, and that flaw was fixed before humans ever rode it (source). At no point did it endanger people. It's a negative mark against Intamin, yes, but don't try to claim that It almost killed people. Reserve that claim for Shoot the Rapids, which actually did almost kill people.

Saying that it almost killed people is definitely going overboard.

The fact that the problem didn't get caught in the engineering phase and got that close to opening is just mind boggling. 

• Like 2

I am pretty sure there was an engineer that rode the ride with the barrel roll.  Not saying that it almost killed him but I thought there was handfull of people that tried.  YOU dont know the hole story maybe the park wanted to risk it and they did it knowing they might have to revert back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flightoffear1996 said:

I am pretty sure there was an engineer that rode the ride with the barrel roll.  Not saying that it almost killed him but I thought there was handfull of people that tried.  YOU dont know the hole story maybe the park wanted to risk it and they did it knowing they might have to revert back.

If you read the source I linked, you'll see that it clearly states that no people had ridden by the time the decision was made. Only water dummies had ridden.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, jcgoble3 said:

Rumor in enthusiasts circles is that Sandor kernacs and Mr. Kinzel rode it.  

• Like 1

If you are going to make claims that someone rode Maverick before the modifications then you must provide a source. Not doing so is against the terms of service. We are not saying anyone is right/wrong, but with no source, no one knows what is factual. The only source that has been provided was by @jcgoble3, which states no one had rode before the modifications. Any further posts that make claims without a source will have their post hidden.

The Mod Team

• Like 5

Let's get back on topic like what this thread is about! We know that it most likely won't be Intamin. I would love either a b&m, RMC, or Mack giga. Let's maybe talk about speculation on how KI will tease it (if they get one) the season they announce it. I was thinking they will do posters around Coney Mall like what Cedar Point did for SV in Frontiertown. I definitely think they should have missing people posters that say they were last seen going into the woods of Coney Mall. And they would have a sign by Dino's old entrance saying anyone who goes beyond this point has gone missing. The theming of the coaster will be about a creature who owns the woods and attacks anyone who goes near his woods. Which would fit the teaser of people going missing in the woods. For a theme, I was thinking either Wildcat or Splintercat. Some sort of cat theme.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tera Ryzing said:

I mean they were there to celebrate Intamin over the years. There were alos no hints or easter eggs to that post. CP has some of Intamin's greatest coaters. Of course I hope it was more then that but we shall see. Intamin for life!

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Its sad but true. It's just a book. I do not have 1 clue where you are getting that they are teaming up again. I wish it was true that's for sure but nothing was said anything close to that.

If the US and north Korea can come to an agreement, Cedar Fair can work with intamin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2