The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

Racer has gotten very rough over the last few years. It needs to be completely retracked from start to finish on both sides. If Topper Track is deemed to be the best way to retrack, that's perfectly fine with me even if it would result in it becoming a steel coaster.

And as far as the ACE Landmark, it can't be rescinded. It's a recognition of historical importance, nothing more. It's possible that the plaque may be taken down if it is deemed to no longer be the same coaster (possible only, since there really isn't a precedent that I'm aware of), but the award would remain on the books. It is the ACE Coaster Classic award that can be rescinded because of changes to the ride (as was the case with the coaster at KI now known as Woodstock Express).

• Like 4

I know this is probably nothing in fact I pretty much know it’s nothing but just thought I’d share.. Kings Island twitter page and Instagram page within the past week have used this picture at least a few times each.. it’s the same pic from what seems above MT facing Diamondback and back that way.. maybe showing a pic facing a new future attraction (giga) that will change skyline... I know it’s just me hoping lol just wanted to share haha 
78B10D6F-20A7-46F3-8061-08F8F1785D75.thumb.png.ce6a02051957a1997eac62a5d8183183.png
I think you could be on to somthing... normally they would use the skyline from the parking lot with the Eiffel Tower being the main focus... they could truly be hinting at somthing here...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Codyfryguy said:

I think you could be on to somthing... normally they would use the skyline from the parking lot with the Eiffel Tower being the main focus... they could truly be hinting at somthing here...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Or they just decided a different angle would be nice to create some variety. Not everything has to be a clue. Y'all are reading into things too much.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, jcgoble3 said:

Racer has gotten very rough over the last few years. It needs to be completely retracked from start to finish on both sides. If Topper Track is deemed to be the best way to retrack, that's perfectly fine with me even if it would result in it becoming a steel coaster.

Topper track would keep it a wooden coaster. Ibox would make a hybrid

• Like 2

People who don't consider Topper Track coasters wooden tend to do so because the portion of the track that contacts all train wheels is one singular steel structure. Compare to a traditional wood coaster, where the main track structure is wood, with two or three strips of steel between the wood and wheels to protect the wood.

RMC's Ibox track is 100% steel. Topper Track is probably something like 70% wood, 30% steel. But, the portions that are steel are the important parts that would most single-handedly determine the smoothness of the ride experience. RCDB and RMC consider them wood. I've been on three Topper Track rides and three Ibox rides, and smoothness-wise, there's not a ton of difference.

To me, they're steel. Your mileage and reasoning may vary.

• Like 4

On 3/16/2018 at 5:20 PM, fryoj said:

I think people here are really going to be upset if KI gets an RMC. Because it probably won't be a ground up build.....

I would be thrilled if they got an RMC. It's very likely it will be from the ground up. Something Goliath would be amazing.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2018 at 4:30 PM, Maverick44 said:

It could also just be a picture of the park. Meh? haha

That is a little close to Mystic Timbers. It seems like Kings Island likes to put their new coasters far away from their last coaster like they put Banshee far away from Diamondback and they put Mystic Timbers far away from Banshee. They do that so that they can draw the big crowds to another section. Btw where would the station and entrance go since it is right by Diamondback and is far away from the rest of the park. The only way people would get back there is if they divided/expanded the White Water Canyon pathway.

• Like 1

@Hawaiian Coasters 325 not saying it would go where the picture is taken I’m saying the picture is taken facing a new attraction like it’d be in X base Dino’s alive area is where it’s facing the most.. I know it’s nothing probably just a random picture they took but you never know.... but it looks like the picture was taken at that spot facing toward a specific area.. I don’t know what’s above MT to be able to get a picture that high up.. most likely a drone picture 

• Like 1

Kings Island doesn’t just throw up a picture and call it a tease. If they are going to tease something there is going to be a campaign. A campaign that involves being in the park and on social media. When have they ever just posted a generic photo of the park and that became a clue? 

I want new rides and a giga as much as the next guy, but this speculation continues to go without consideration to reality. 

• Like 8

EXPANSION IDEA: 

X-Base expanded to Dino’s alive all of the storage sheds that are currently to the right of X-base entrance are demolished and new ones are built in the big sand box behind Banshee.. a new 2nd entrance to x base is made where Dino’s alive entrance is. This expansion is capped off with a giga and small flat rides, etc. this would probably cost a ton of money but just something I came up with. Probably a 55+million expansion counting 30 million for a giga.. just thoughts I know that won’t happen PROBABLY... this sketch was done just now from my phone with me finger keep that in mind. 

364050F1-1D0F-4257-A846-FCF7C271D968.jpeg

• Like 1