The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

I think we should get back on topic on what this thread is about. Since the b&m plant is only like 20 minutes away, that would mean lower shipping costs so that they could maybe top Steel Dragon 2000 in length and red force in height. I can just imagine the marketing with it. Like in Kroger in Landen (My local Kroger) they had advertisements for Mystic Timbers when it opened. Just imagine how advertisements would be in the Cincinnati area for a 330+ foot tall and 8000+ feet long giga coaster. The advertisements would probably be insane. Who remembers the billboard advertisements for Leviathan?

• Like 1

I kinda think Kings Island should add some trams again because its not fun when you park really far out and you are exhausted and don't want to walk anymore and have to walk so far just to get to your car. Add like little trolleys like whats at Disney or The Island in Pigeon Forge. Or they could do what is at some parks where they have a ski lift from the parking lot to the entrance.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I kinda think Kings Island should add some trams again because its not fun when you park really far out and you are exhausted and don't want to walk anymore and have to walk so far just to get to your car. Add like little trolleys like whats at Disney or The Island in Pigeon Forge. Or they could do what is at some parks where they have a ski lift from the parking lot to the entrance.

I do miss the Trams.  

At least there are Trams still at Dollywood 

• Like 1

Thanks to StrategyOnline.Ca for this photo. I heard a mention of the infamous Leviathan billboard that was placed in outside of Toronto. I love the way the coaster POPS. If I was driving down I-71 and saw a billboard of these sorts advertising a Giga at KI, I would swerve off the road. Here is a photo...

Screenshot 2018-03-22 at 4.26.27 PM.png

(Sorry for the poor quality)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Hmrapp said:

Thanks to StrategyOnline.Ca for this photo. I heard a mention of the infamous Leviathan billboard that was placed in outside of Toronto. I love the way the coaster POPS. If I was driving down I-71 and saw a billboard of these sorts advertising a Giga at KI, I would swerve off the road. Here is a photo...

Screenshot 2018-03-22 at 4.26.27 PM.png

(Sorry for the poor quality)

Wow! That Photo is Sweet though. Looks so real and catches the attention real quick. I would not be surprised if this thing was responsible for an accident or two...

• Like 1

I think Kings Island would probably do the same amount of advertisements as they did for Mystic Timbers and the others programs. Canada's Wonderland likely did that billboard because it was the first coaster in Canada to reach over 300 feet tall. Here in the US....there are a few coasters over the 300 foot mark. 

I doubt KI would do an add like that based solely on that it would be for a Giga. If anything, they'd do it to show part of the story. Any billboards they do, would have to follow the rules of local zoning laws for where the billboards would be placed. It's not as easy to just throw a billboard up and be done with it.

• Like 1

I'm thinking The Giga is gonna have a lift hill height of around 315-320. However I do believe the drop will exceed 350. Given the terrain that Kings Island has I see no reason why they couldn't do why BGW did with Apollo's Chariot. Build the lift hill at 315 feet and the drop uses the terrain and shoots into a Valley giving us a drop of 350 or more. I also believe the will be the United States longest Giga. But I'd be surprised if it went over 7,000 feet. Anyways I hope we see some teasers when the park opens up!!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Kifan91 said:

I really  Just hope that they don’t put the height  in the name.

Imo it's going to have Force in the name since the closest giga has Force in the name. Carowinds added the height numbers in the name since I305 is close. Even though it doesn't really mean anything, I kinda think this giga will have Force in the name. I think the name should be either Mega Force or X Force.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think that they should use the path that goes behind WindSeeker and make a hidden plaza like The Beast back there. I think the name should be Bearcat. 1) Bearcat would be a nice theme for the woods near The Beast. 2) It would fit great with the Cincinnati area with the Cincinnati Bearcats. 3) Kings Island likes to go with creatures in their names. I think the height should be 315-320 feet tall and will use the terrain and drop into a valley making the drop bigger than the height so the drop can be bigger than Fury. They should definitely keep the trees there so that it can be a forest ride.

• Like 2