So basically most of us would like to see

1. Drop longer than initial height
  2. Longest giga in the US
  3. Unique color scheme
  4. In X-Base
  5. No MCBR
  6. Basically better than Fury 325

Things still up for debate

1. Will it have any of these features listed above?
  2. Will it be taller than Fury 325?
  3. Possible name/theme
  4. Possible opening season
  5. Layout
  • Like 5

Imo the opening season will be 2021 to be realistic. Im starting to highly doubt 2019 even though I was on the 2019 hype train a while ago. 2020 is a possibility, but that is also Cedar Point's year, so more than likely Cedar Fair won't build two coasters in the same state in the same year. But you never know. Cedar Point has surprised us before. Like some of us thought steel vengeance would've came in 2020 for the 150th anniversary, but it came in 2018. A lot of us didn't really think that Kings Island would build Mystic Timbers three years after building their largest investment ever. So we have gotten some surprises from Cedar Fair and we have gotten some trolls from Cedar Fair. Cough cough KD and the Planet Snoopy expansion.

• Like 2

I mean for names we still have to remember that CF has the name Centurion still lying around. Even though it really wouldn't fit the theme of X-Base, They might still just use it. Again I like the name Centurion but I don't think KI is willing to connect the theme of Modern Flight in X-Base to a Roman army commander.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

1. Will it be taller than Fury 325?

I would say yes. For one, marketing purposes. World's tallest Giga, is something that will grab lots of attention. Then also potentially making it a better ride. 

2 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

This thread had rails?

Well I'd hope, this thread has really been one heck of a roller coaster ride at times. :D

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, JubJester said:

I would say yes. For one, marketing purposes. World's tallest Giga, is something that will grab lots of attention. Then also potentially making it a better ride. 

But would Cedar Fair compete with its own parks? Then again, Fury will be around 5 years old when KI would possibly get a giga.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

But would Cedar Fair compete with its own parks? Then again, Fury will be around 5 years old when KI would possibly get a giga.

I don't think Carowinds is competing with a park 474.7 miles away. I kind of get what you're saying but if they were competing with each other, KD wouldn't be getting a RMC the same year as Steel Vengeance. Doesn't make sense why a same company would compete with it's own parks.

Why would they make a giga with less stats and not as great as one already operating?

• Like 1

^ I don't think they would.  Now, as far as the color scheme I can see the no shade of red or blue but I can't support any shade of green. That really doesn't leave much to choose from. Perhaps if the aviation theme plays out, a sky blue and grey combination.

• Like 1

I think they will definitely top Fury 325. 1) because of marketing reasons. 2) the reason it took Cedar Fair a while to top Millennium Force was because of how if I305 would've been taller, it would've been almost dangerous on that first turn and Leviathan was the prototype test for Fury 325. So if Kings Island gets a giga, it will most likely be record breaking. But even if it isn't taller than Fury, the marketing of 300+ foot tall drop would be an eye catcher, but I see them going the tallest and fastest giga coaster. If it were to be the longest giga it would also be the longest coaster because of Steel Dragon 2000. Anyway, anyone excited for Coney Bar B Que? Does anyone think that it could be a sign of a future huge Coney Mall development? Maybe 2019 since in the past whenever Kings Island just gets a restaurant, the following year is a huge investment, but I sorta doubt it. For example with 2013, Kings Island only put in the reds hall of fame grille and in 2014, they put in their single largest investment ever with Banshee.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I think they will definitely top Fury 325. 1) because of marketing reasons. 2) the reason it took Cedar Fair a while to top Millennium Force was because of how if I305 would've been taller, it would've been almost dangerous on that first turn and Leviathan was the prototype test for Fury 325. So if Kings Island gets a giga, it will most likely be record breaking. But even if it isn't taller than Fury, the marketing of 300+ foot tall drop would be an eye catcher, but I see them going the tallest and fastest giga coaster. If it were to be the longest giga it would also be the longest coaster because of Steel Dragon 2000. Anyway, anyone excited for Coney Bar B Que? Does anyone think that it could be a sign of a future huge Coney Mall development? Maybe 2019 since in the past whenever Kings Island just gets a restaurant, the following year is a huge investment, but I sorta doubt it. For example with 2013, Kings Island only put in the reds hall of fame grille and in 2014, they put in their single largest investment ever with Banshee.

Kind of makes you wonder if something big is going in right across, or close to Coney BBQ at some point in the not-so-distant future.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JubJester said:

Stop. Just stop.

In Tera Ryzing's defense, it would be a significantly higher investment cost than Fury to build an 8000 ft + Giga. I would say 35-40 million, at least. I would love for it to happen, though. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, kirbias1 said:

In Tera Ryzing's defense, it would be a significantly higher investment cost than Fury to build an 8000 ft + Giga. I would say 35-40 million, at least. I would love for it to happen, though. 

Why would a business invest 40 million in a already tapped market with no resort?  If attendance slumps or we get a resort I can see us getting a giga.  I've came to reality that all the major coasters are going to be installed up north.

• Like 3

I would say it might even be closer to $50 million.  Steel Dragon 2000 cost that much, mostly due to earthquake proofing, however, the cost of steel has gone up (along with inflation) to the point where that figure wouldn't be out of the question for such a project today.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CoasterKyle1121 said:

If they could find away to make it more cost efficient (by maybe using as little supports as they could) it would be an awesome marketing campaign to have the worlds longest wood coaster and steel coaster in one park.

I would rather they spend some more than hear they cut corners, but I do agree it would be awesome to tout the worlds coasters at KI.

28 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

Agreed.  Schlitterbahn tells us all we need to know about cutting corners.  

Heck, KI itself back in the Paramount days is responsible for 2 pretty big rides that went down due to cutting corners- Son of Beast and Tomb Raider: The Ride/Crypt.  

• Like 1