The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

^^ hahahaha or a " Here we go again" reaction -_--_--_-

This is just me and my opinion. I feel like Giga's have both ejector and floater air. Call me crazy!

Still think this area would be best suited for a giga.  They could give x-base a face lift like they did with CM when they put WindSeeker in.

Capture.PNG

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Bruh we're talking about roller coasters and people act like it's a political debate. At the end of the day we're privileged that we have a world class park with the rides we have, and some of us would be furious if we didn't get our precious Giga. Just sayin'... We're here to discuss not argue. There's 5 Gigas world wide, we're lucky that we're possibly even in the running to get one.

• Like 2

Please remember we can have different opinions and still be respectful of each other.

@Maverick44 This might make the most sense of a giga location.

1 hour ago, Maverick44 said:

Still think this area would be best suited for a giga.  They could give x-base a face lift like they did with CM when they put WindSeeker in.

Capture.PNG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I think that area would be great! They can also use this to clean up the X-base area. Mayeb the coaster can go along with the theme. Call it Asteroid or something with a space theme and have it rival FoF. Same thing CP is doing with SV and Maverick.

On another note, If KD can get a giga. KI def deserves to have one.

• Like 1

I hope we get a giga just like everyone else but who is to actually say we are going to get one??? There are only what 3 gigas in the usa? So what makes you honestly think they will put 2 in Ohio? I want one really bad but when you be realistic about it I don't 100% feel it's coming next but I am hoping so...

• Like 1

I just found this concept on YouTube. This looks pretty sweet.  Read his description too this is at Kings Island right behind Firehawk using no limits 2, this guy did a great job.. this could be my favorite concept I have found.. I like the color as well and location. I don’t like his name but besides that I like it.  This location I believe is the most likely spot if we got a giga.

Edited by GigaLover
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, GigaLover said:

I just found this concept on YouTube. This looks pretty sweet.  Read his description too this is at Kings Island right behind Firehawk.. this could be my favorite concept I have found.. I like the color as well and location. I don’t like his name but besides that I like it 

If you look in the comments, you will see that I'm in that! The name is complete garbage and does not fit. I love the layout a lot. 

6 minutes ago, spooky21 said:

I hope we get a giga just like everyone else but who is to actually say we are going to get one??? There are only what 3 gigas in the usa? So what makes you honestly think they will put 2 in Ohio? I want one really bad but when you be realistic about it I don't 100% feel it's coming next but I am hoping so...

I don't think it really matters what is more common than the other. There are two inverts, and two hypers in Ohio, so I don't think it would be a big deal with two gigas in Ohio. It would really set the state and make Ohio the thrill state with two massive 300 footers. The thing that makes us think that there will be a giga at Kings Island is how Cedar Fair pays a lot of attention to the Kings Island market and how Kings Island is the only major Cedar Fair park without a giga. Knott's gets crazy attendance because it is open all year. Kings Island and Cedar Point are in completely different markets so it won't be hurtful to either park.

• Like 2

Just now, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I don't think it really matters what is more common than the other. There are two inverts, and two hypers in Ohio, so I don't think it would be a big deal with two gigas in Ohio. It would really set the state and make Ohio the thrill state with two massive 300 footers. The thing that makes us think that there will be a giga at Kings Island is how Cedar Fair pays a lot of attention to the Kings Island market and how Kings Island is the only major Cedar Fair park without a giga. Knott's gets crazy attendance because it is open all year. Kings Island and Cedar Point are in completely different markets so it won't be hurtful to either park.

I agree with it being a top park for Cedar Fair, however comparing a giga which again only 3 in the usa to a hyper or invert doesn't make since as a giga is not nearly as common as a hyper or invert.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, spooky21 said:

I agree with it being a top park for Cedar Fair, however comparing a giga which again only 3 in the usa to a hyper or invert doesn't make since as a giga is not nearly as common as a hyper or invert.

Nevertheless, Kings Island has consistently been one of the top visited seasonal parks in North America along with Cedar Point and Canada's Wonderland. The park has dominated the greater Cincinnati area for decades so I wouldn't put it past them to get a giga. Also consider the growing competition from Kentucky Kingdom as they have the ability to take a part of the Kentucky market away from Kings Island; especially with that hyper that's been rumored...

• Like 4

The giga I envision would indeed start in X-base, but with how spread out they are, I could see the far turn around all the way by Bat/Timberwolf or even as far out as the parking lot exit, maybe some direct interaction with Banshee.  Those big loops in addition with the surrounding space are ideal for threading.  Imagine screaming through those at 80+ mph. B) 

Also, something along the color scheme as Behemoth and Talon.  

• Like 1

This is another concept of mine where it goes in Xbase. They'll make sure that the maintenance facilities can stay and will reroute some service road. 

On a side note, if we get a giga, do you think it will have some sort of sound track in the queue like Mystic Timbers? I think this coaster will be called Asteroid and I think a space style soundtrack will sound nice.

2018-03-31_23.10.35.jpg

• Like 2

It seems to me wherever a Giga goes it will need a few things:  Restroom nearby, gift shop, drink stand, lockers and a photo booth to capitalize on the investment.  Can all of that plus a station fit in X-Base?  Seems like a lot to squeeze in there without relocating the maintenance buildings although there are two unused photo booths.  

• Like 1

Shop and picture booth could go under the station like on Banshee. There already is a drink stand there at least part of the time (albeit bottled drinks rather than fountain, but that is easily remedied - point is, there's room), lockers are already there, and restrooms would fit in the field between Flight of Fear, Racer, and Adventure Express. 

I think it is more likely they'll use the WindSeeker end of Coney Mall (I mean, the former DA is such an obvious location) but X-Base isn't impossible or unworkable. 

I think there's also a big possibility that they will open up a path in both directions, so that X-Base is no longer a dead-end. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Magenta Lizard said:

Shop and picture booth could go under the station like on Banshee. There already is a drink stand there at least part of the time (albeit bottled drinks rather than fountain, but that is easily remedied - point is, there's room), lockers are already there, and restrooms would fit in the field between Flight of Fear, Racer, and Adventure Express. 

I think it is more likely they'll use the WindSeeker end of Coney Mall (I mean, the former DA is such an obvious location) but X-Base isn't impossible or unworkable. 

I think there's also a big possibility that they will open up a path in both directions, so that X-Base is no longer a dead-end. 

I do think that they will open up both sides. This giga imo should be themed to space and should have a soundtrack in the queue line.

• Like 3

I like how Leviathan fits in with the Jewish mythological theme tying in with Behemoth and Ziz; yes I highly believe that CW's new coaster will be named "Ziz". Fury 325 is themed to the Carolinas as it gives an indirect nod to the Charlotte hornets. The more recent coaster's that have came to KI have been themed to mysticism, spirits, and the unknown so I'd like to see that trend continued on with a giga. Even giving a giga a mysterious, extraterrestrial theme would fit well.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

I like how Leviathan fits in with the Jewish mythological theme tying in with Behemoth and Ziz; yes I highly believe that CW's new coaster will be named "Ziz". Fury 325 is themed to the Carolinas as it gives an indirect nod to the Charlotte hornets. The more recent coaster's that have came to KI have been themed to mysticism, spirits, and the unknown so I'd like to see that trend continued on with a giga. Even giving a giga a mysterious, extraterrestrial theme would fit well.

Leviathan and Behemoth are also terms used to describe large things. Ziz isn't. They'll have to explain that one to people. Once they do, they'll have to be ready for backlash as we are in the offended generation. It's safer just to name them after something generic and large. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fryoj said:

Leviathan and Behemoth are also terms used to describe large things. Ziz isn't. They'll have to explain that one to people. Once they do, they'll have to be ready for backlash as we are in the offended generation. It's safer just to name them after something generic and large. 

I'm not trying to start a religious or political argument but look at the facts: Behemoth, Leviathan, and Ziz are the big three when it comes to monsters of their respective mythology. 

• Behemoth- Monster of the land
  • Leviathan- Monster of the water
  • Ziz- Monster of the sky

leviathan__ziz__and_behemoth_by_dravonzi-d4w1jzw.jpg

https://happychupacabra.deviantart.com/art/Leviathan-Ziz-and-Behemoth-295684988

The three monsters are part of mythology, it just happens that this mythology pulls from Jewish faith. The rides were not built to promote the faith of Judaism. The park could easily just say that Ziz is a "Monster of the Sky" or say "Behemoth, Leviathan, and Ziz are coasters inspired by three monsters of legend."

A lot of rides and even parks are inspired by mythology- Mt. Olympus in Wisconsin and Hydra the Revenge at Dorney Park are heavily inspired by Greek mythology, Montu at BGT is named after the Egyptian god of war, Liseberg in Sweden has a lot of rides inspired by Norse mythology, Banshee was inspired heavily by Irish mythology, Rougarou was inspired by French mythology, I could go on and on. 

• Like 3

And yet the kids probably know Ziz more by the Urbandictionary meaning.

ziz: very slang. this word can be used to substitute any other word when feeling lazy. Can mean your good friend, could be someone you hate, can mean a word you forgot.
what's up ZIZ! 

man why you always smokin on that ziz. 

hey bro grab that Ziz for me please. 
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

I'm not trying to start a religious or political argument but look at the facts: Behemoth, Leviathan, and Ziz are the big three when it comes to monsters of their respective mythology. 

• Behemoth- Monster of the land
  • Leviathan- Monster of the water
  • Ziz- Monster of the sky

leviathan__ziz__and_behemoth_by_dravonzi-d4w1jzw.jpg

https://happychupacabra.deviantart.com/art/Leviathan-Ziz-and-Behemoth-295684988

The three monsters are part of mythology, it just happens that this mythology pulls from Jewish faith. The rides were not built to promote the faith of Judaism. The park could easily just say that Ziz is a "Monster of the Sky" or say "Behemoth, Leviathan, and Ziz are coasters inspired by three monsters of legend."

A lot of rides and even parks are inspired by mythology- Mt. Olympus in Wisconsin and Hydra the Revenge at Dorney Park are heavily inspired by Greek mythology, Montu at BGT is named after the Egyptian god of war, Liseberg in Sweden has a lot of rides inspired by Norse mythology, Banshee was inspired heavily by Irish mythology, Rougarou was inspired by French mythology, I could go on and on. 

I get that they are names used in Mythology. I just don't think they are using them specifically because of that. I think they are using names that signify large things, and any connection to mythology is coincidental. Look at Behemoth, the theming is minimal and there is no connection to a horned monster. Ziz doesn't fit the naming connection. It only fits the mythology connections. If they do that, it opens them up to the question of why they named them all after Jewish Mythology. It's safer to go a different direction. 

Considering the new coaster is a drop coaster, a flying monster theme works, but I just can't see them naming it Ziz.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

This is not a Canadas Wonderland thread. I think that we should get back to the KI giga speculation. 

Well a lot of people have been discussing the same topics for months now and the biggest thing we've gotten to actual proof is letters in the snow. I don't mind talking about other parks on this thread, as long as there's no new speculation to talk about. Manufacturers, opening season, and placement have been the main points of this thread and we haven't really gotten anything else to really discuss at the moment.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

Well a lot of people have been discussing the same topics for months now and the biggest thing we've gotten to actual proof is letters in the snow. I don't mind talking about other parks on this thread, as long as there's no new speculation to talk about. Manufacturers, opening season, and placement have been the main points of this thread and we haven't really gotten anything else to really discuss at the moment.

I just don't understand why people are still saying that the writing in the snow is "proof". It's pretty obvious it was just some employee messing with us. I do see a giga coming in the next few years along with a new area of the park.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I just don't understand why people are still saying that the writing in the snow is "proof". It's pretty obvious it was just some employee messing with us. I do see a giga coming in the next few years along with a new area of the park.

"Biggest thing we've gotten to actual proof" meaning those 4 letters are the closest thing the park has done to tease a giga. Until new information comes up, we really don't have anything new to talk about that hasn't already been discussed 100 times before. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SonofBaconator said:

"Biggest thing we've gotten to actual proof" meaning those 4 letters are the closest thing the park has done to tease a giga. Until new information comes up, we really don't have anything new to talk about that hasn't already been discussed 100 times before. 

That is not a teaser. That is just an employee killing a few minutes to be funny. I think the closest thing to hinting at a giga was when Don Helbig was talking about Mystic Timbers at NCC last year where he said something about that a dark ride and giga were options that were available to them that they explored for the 2017 season which ended up being Mystic Timbers.

• Like 1