The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

Hate to kill it for you @Hawaiian Coasters 325, but they constantly talk about different concepts/ride ideas for options each and every year. Just because it was said at No Coaster Con last year doesn't mean it's a hint as the next thing. There are always options. Rob Decker and folks from Cedar Fair travel to IAPPA, attend various meetings and network with a bunch of people in the industry. They get pitched ideas all of the time, they look at different options all of the time and they definitely pick out possibilities throughout the different ride portfolios, but that definitely doesn't mean all options are going to come to light. 

You should take a step back and look at the whole picture. There are so many sound bites out there that don't tell the whole story, until you listen to and examine the whole story.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, chugh43 said:

Hate to kill it for you @Hawaiian Coasters 325, but they constantly talk about different concepts/ride ideas for options each and every year. Just because it was said at No Coaster Con last year doesn't mean it's a hint as the next thing. There are always options. Rob Decker and folks from Cedar Fair travel to IAPPA, attend various meetings and network with a bunch of people in the industry. They get pitched ideas all of the time, they look at different options all of the time and they definitely pick out possibilities throughout the different ride portfolios, but that definitely doesn't mean all options are going to come to light. 

You should take a step back and look at the whole picture. There are so many sound bites out there that don't tell the whole story, until you listen to and examine the whole story.

I said nothing about it being an actual hint. I'm just saying it was close. I believe Don mentioned those two (especially the giga) to get the enthusiasts going crazy. Don also said they chose Mystic Timbers because they wanted something more families could enjoy together which I totally agree with him. The last coaster KI got that more families could enjoy together was Backlot Stunt Coaster in 2005 and that was when Paramount owned the park. So I think that they went in the right direction since the last few coasters were all for taller riders and thrill seekers. Even though what Don Helbig said wasn't 100% a real hint, it just convinces me we will see both a dark ride and a giga eventually because those two would make Kings Island a lot more of a rounded park. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I said nothing about it being an actual hint. I'm just saying it was close. I believe Don mentioned those two (especially the giga) to get the enthusiasts going crazy. Don also said they chose Mystic Timbers because they wanted something more families could enjoy together which I totally agree with him. The last coaster KI got that more families could enjoy together was Backlot Stunt Coaster in 2005 and that was when Paramount owned the park. So I think that they went in the right direction since the last few coasters were all for taller riders and thrill seekers. Even though what Don Helbig said wasn't 100% a real hint, it just convinces me we will see both a dark ride and a giga eventually because those two would make Kings Island a lot more of a rounded park. 

Re-read what I said. When parks are considering a new attraction for the future, 95% or more of the options are on the table at one point or another. Close is an extremely relative term. No matter the context of what Don said, doesn't mean it's gospel until it's in the works/confirmed.  As I had stated, "there are so many sound bites out there that don't tell the whole story, until you listen to and examine the whole story."

You could put your whole narrative together on why KI is getting a Giga or a Dark Ride based on sound clips...but that doesn't mean it's true. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, chugh43 said:

You could put your whole narrative together on why KI is getting a Giga or a Dark Ride based on sound clips...but that doesn't mean it's true. 

Agreed. The only reason why I created this thread is because its highly likely that the park will receive a giga in the future. Most assumptions are based off of what Cedar Fair has done in the past, but nothing is set and stone. There's no concrete evidence that would confirm that KI is actually getting a giga, but it isn't wrong it speculate. It is wrong, however, to say that things are already in motion when nothing has even shown up i.e, blueprints, trademarks, land clearings, etc.

People think a giga is coming because we've seen them built at Kings Dominion, Canada's Wonderland, and Carowinds. Don acknowledges how much enthusiasts want a giga, but him mentioning it once, along with many other rides, doesn't really mean anything. 

• Like 2

Found this on Screamscape. Although, I'm not really trusting it that much since screamscape has gotten things wrong in the past.

4 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

Agreed. The only reason why I created this thread is because its highly likely that the park will receive a giga in the future. Most assumptions are based off of what Cedar Fair has done in the past, but nothing is set and stone. There's no concrete evidence that would confirm that KI is actually getting a giga, but it isn't wrong it speculate. It is wrong, however, to say that things are already in motion when nothing has even shown up i.e, blueprints, trademarks, land clearings, etc.

People think a giga is coming because we've seen them built at Kings Dominion, Canada's Wonderland, and Carowinds. Don acknowledges how much enthusiasts want a giga, but him mentioning it once, along with many other rides, doesn't really mean anything. 

Even though it doesn't 100% mean anything, Don Helbig and the park most likely wants to give the fans what they want. Kings Island's new spokesperson Chad said that bringing back Winterfest was based off of people wanting them to bring it back. Don Helbig is actually more high up in the park than he was before. I think I should take back what I said before, but I still think a Kings Island giga is coming.

Screenshot_20180403-130001.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jtro223 said:

I'm all for a GiGa, but can't we enjoy Mystic Timbers before we move on to the next thing?

If they build a giga, it'll give you more time to enjoy MT as people will be riding the new ride instead.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

Maneater isn't bad..

Ug.  I thinks that’s the worst of them all.   :P

I fully own up to the fact I have very narrow musical tastes.  My wife uses me for testing.  

Wife: Do you like this song?

Me: No, it is god aweful.

Wife: Great, it is going to be a huge hit.  Putting it into heavy rotation tomorrow.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, King Ding Dong said:

I don’t mind the sun shade but they had to go pick literally the worst, most crusty hits from the 80’s and there is no escaping them.  

“The tracks spilling from the radio...were all chosen specifically for their lyrics, imploring riders to turn around, stay safe in their car, or face the ‘maneater’!”—Anne Irvine, RollerCoaster! Magazine 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KIghostguy said:

“The tracks spilling from the radio...were all chosen specifically for their lyrics, imploring riders to turn around, stay safe in their car, or face the ‘maneater’!”—Anne Irvine, RollerCoaster! Magazine 

Ok, so they were not chosen for their musical quality, just because the lyrics fit.   I can accept that.   

*ducks*. :D

• Like 3