The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

Going off of THE_BEASTmaster's concept and since usually GIGA coasters use a T layout this is if it were to use the old Son of Beast statione5840f5ed76582fa21eb39cbf61f5869.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

But the 2 B&M gigacoasters at Canada’s Wonderland and Carowinds are “L” shaped. Only Millennium Force is “T” shaped. And since Cedar Fair is going with B&M, the “L” shape layout is the most possibility.0ea38136cb017a07b0ea26cf0b9ebb49.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

But the 2 B&M gigacoasters at Canada’s Wonderland and Carowinds are “L” shaped. Only Millennium Force is “T” shaped. And since Cedar Fair is going with B&M, the “L” shape layout is the most possibility.0ea38136cb017a07b0ea26cf0b9ebb49.jpg

Thank you for catching my mistake on the Layout I'm not always the most thorough on research and I tend to jump the gun a lot..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Also who said it would be B&M??

B&M and Intamin are the only two companies that currently make Gigacoasters. Cedar Fair hasn’t gone to Intamin for any of their latest coaster installments, so that leaves B&M as the likely candidate for the next Giga.

• Like 1

Like what @silver2005 said, layout's not limited to just an "L" shape. The coasters that have been built with a "L" shaped layout typically fit into spaces that are pretty restricting: Behemoth, Mako, Intimidator, Goliath (La Ronde), etc. All the coasters I listed are at parks where there isn't that much space.

Kings Island on the other hand has a TON of land to work with. Notice how Diamondback isn't the typical B&M "L" shape because of the abundance of land it sits on. Personally I think Diamondback's popularity comes from its unique layout. I think KI will repeat the formula it used on Diamondback and build a giga that doesn't have a restricting layout. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, THE_BEASTmaster said:

B&M and Intamin are the only two companies that currently make Gigacoasters. Cedar Fair hasn’t gone to Intamin for any of their latest coaster installments, so that leaves B&M as the likely candidate for the next Giga.

If it's a b&m hopefully it won't have the signature b&m trims.

If not intamin the first RMC trex giga.  Its confirmed that rmc wants to get into the hyper/giga market.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, THE_BEASTmaster said:

I see a " Since CF is going with" . ...I mean maybe? We don't even know if there will ever be another giga in a CF park as of right now.

• Like 1

If you're going to post videos as a source, use them from creators who aren't in their teens and are speculating. 

This is the interview he mentioned in that video- the CoasterForce interview with RMC discussing the engineering aspects of the T-Rex.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Also, just because a company is interested in doing something doesn't mean they're the #1 choice. While I praise RMC for their innovations, they're still a fairly new company. I'd entrust a giga to B&M because they already have 2 reliable gigas under their belt and have more experience with larger scale coasters. Rmc just broke 200ft this past year.

• Like 2

So, I have an idea... what if we got the first Giga with an inversion. I could see there being a 175-200 ft. Zero-G roll stuck somewhere along the course.

Also, I was thinking today... IIRC, no Cedar Fair parks have a B&M Flyer. 

Finally, a 300 ft. RMC Raptor (with single-row seats) would be terrifying.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Tera Ryzing said:

If it's a b&m hopefully it won't have the signature b&m trims.

If not intamin the first RMC trex giga.  Its confirmed that rmc wants to get into the hyper/giga market.

As much as I'd love to see us get a wooden giga (the first at that!), I'm just feeling that there will be too many fears of it being like SoB to the point that it's probably better for that model to go to our friends up north before we get one.

Remember, in the past ten-ish years, KI has been more of a park perfecting ride models rather than being the flagship for rides like it was before CF bought us out.

• Like 1

Just now, starlitfire said:

As much as I'd love to see us get a wooden giga (the first at that!), I'm just feeling that there will be too many fears of it being like SoB to the point that it's probably better for that model to go to our friends up north before we get one.

Remember, in the past ten-ish years, KI has been more of a park perfecting ride models rather than being the flagship for rides like it was before CF bought us out.

Trex would be a steel....

• Like 1