The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

22 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

I'd like to see a giga with a really steep curved drop,  like you'd see on TTD.   Maybe a 200+ ft non-inverting loop and some outside banked turns at the top of hills.  Get a bit more creative with the elements.

270 spiral? That would be the worst drop on a giga IMO.

• Like 1

I have no idea why this is turning into a giga manufacturer thread? But, if we do get a giga, I am very confident it will be B&M. I honestly think we may be surprised where our giga or whatever our next big coaster will be placed in the park. I don't think too many people expected Mystic Timbers to be put right next to Diamondback, WWC, and Planet Snoopy. I know some people were expecting a GCI to be put in between Diamondback and The Beast. I honestly think it may be put where we don't really expect it. Like they may surprise us and stick it right next to the Front Gate, they may stick it in the old SOB station, they may even stick it by The Beast or back behind WindSeeker near the old Action Theatre. We just never know. All we can do is speculate. I do think a lot of people saw Banshee going to where SOB was since it was time for it to come down. But I'm sure a lot of us were surprised where they put Diamondback. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I have no idea why this is turning into a giga manufacturer thread? But, if we do get a giga, I am very confident it will be B&M. I honestly think we may be surprised where our giga or whatever our next big coaster will be placed in the park. I don't think too many people expected Mystic Timbers to be put right next to Diamondback, WWC, and Planet Snoopy. I know some people were expecting a GCI to be put in between Diamondback and The Beast. I honestly think it may be put where we don't really expect it. Like they may surprise us and stick it right next to the Front Gate, they may stick it in the old SOB station, they may even stick it by The Beast or back behind WindSeeker near the old Action Theatre. We just never know. All we can do is speculate. I do think a lot of people saw Banshee going to where SOB was since it was time for it to come down. But I'm sure a lot of us were surprised where they put Diamondback. 

Because this is a Giga Speculation thread? 

Until we have concrete evidence that a Giga is coming, this pretty much will have conversations talking in circles, because there really isn't much else to talk about (we are lacking construction that we know of, we're lacking any teasers that we know of, etc.). Even if we are certain we're getting a giga, we'll be talking in circles about it until all of the information is released. Even then, we probably will still talk in circles about ways that the design could have been improved, the ride could have went elsewhere, etc. 

It's an online forum....there's bound to be a lot of hot air. If it's bothering you so much, take a break.

• Like 2

Just now, chugh43 said:

Because this is a Giga Speculation thread? 

Until we have concrete evidence that a Giga is coming, this pretty much will have conversations talking in circles, because there really isn't much else to talk about (we are lacking construction that we know of, we're lacking any teasers that we know of, etc.). Even if we are certain we're getting a giga, we'll be talking in circles about it until all of the information is released. Even then, we probably will still talk in circles about ways that the design could have been improved, the ride could have went elsewhere, etc. 

It's an online forum....there's bound to be a lot of hot air. If it's bothering you so much, take a break.

It's not bothering me one bit. I actually really like hearing everyone's opinions on the giga. And even if someone thinks a giga isn't coming, as much as I don't agree with them, I like hearing their reasoning. We all have our different opinions. Sometimes I think we get a little off topic sometimes (not all the time, but sometimes). Sometimes this turns into a CP thread, a Canada's Wonderland thread etc. I just love hearing people's opinions. Honestly, I think our giga may be a disappointment when it's announced. Don't bash on me, I hope it's not a disappointment. I just have a feeling that we'll be hyping up the giga so much when they are teasing it and when they announce it, it's just a standard layout and we'll all be disappointed. Trust me, I hope they have B&M go all out with it and give them the land and tell them to create the most amazing giga coaster with the most amazing elements you can think of. But, I'm just starting to feel that the KI giga would be overhyped.

14 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

It's been 6 years since the craze started so it's definitely overhyped. We still have a long way to go before things are set and stone. We need trademarks, permits, construction equipment, and blue prints before speculation can go any further.

I think people wanted the invert to happen first. The invert was the big rumor for a long time before Banshee was added. People did bring up a Leviathan type coaster back when Banshee was being constructed, but people wanted the invert first. Then, after Banshee opened and Fury was being talked about for Carowinds, the KI giga craze started coming. Unfortunately we didn't get the giga as the next coaster after Banshee, but that was because they just spent $24 million on Banshee and most likely wouldn't break that investment just 3 years later. Also, MT was more for families and that was the reason KI chose to install a GCI over a giga. I could be way off, but that is my theory.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

It's not bothering me one bit. I actually really like hearing everyone's opinions on the giga. And even if someone thinks a giga isn't coming, as much as I don't agree with them, I like hearing their reasoning. We all have our different opinions. Sometimes I think we get a little off topic sometimes (not all the time, but sometimes). Sometimes this turns into a CP thread, a Canada's Wonderland thread etc. I just love hearing people's opinions. Honestly, I think our giga may be a disappointment when it's announced. Don't bash on me, I hope it's not a disappointment. I just have a feeling that we'll be hyping up the giga so much when they are teasing it and when they announce it, it's just a standard layout and we'll all be disappointed. Trust me, I hope they have B&M go all out with it and give them the land and tell them to create the most amazing giga coaster with the most amazing elements you can think of. But, I'm just starting to feel that the KI giga would be overhyped.

You literally are questioned why the discussion turned into a giga manufacturer thread.....

1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I have no idea why this is turning into a giga manufacturer thread? 

• Like 1

Everyone is going to have a different opinion, and have their own ideas about a Giga for KI and that is ok! We are kinda of beating a dead horse in here until we see some type of evidence at the park. Maybe tomorrow? B)  We can still continue to talk/discuss/speculate until then. Do realize we can not take anything personal when discussing B&M and Intamin. No matter your passion and arguments for your favorite, you are most likely not going to make any Intamin fans jump to B&M and visa versa in a debate on KIC.  We have a great passion for KI and the future of the park. 

I know we have had a several posted previously, but my favorite part of this thread is seeing Giga creations. Let's see more Giga's you have made including park maps, color schemes, ride names, manufacturer, and cool elements that can be incorporated.

Second, something that I have not seen much of in here would be the design of the 0 car on the trains. It seems CF has been doing a lot of that since owning the park from DB, MT, TT at KD, and now SV at CP. I want to see your 0 car design for a future GIGA at KI!

• Like 6

We can always speculate on anything and everything. If we could just please refrain from saying " KI will" or " Cedar Fair will" . We do not have any clues  and actually 0 facts or rumors on a gigia and who would build it. If you feel like you have information on anything please post it with a source!!!! Can't be too hard to do. If Joe from Atlanta says I have info and all they do is tell you about it. Its probably not true and not worth spreading those rumors.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wish maybe Kings Island and CF could get the rights to use the old Bearenstein Bears theme song (instrumental) and use it in the queue as themed music if it's in Coney Mall. I think maybe the station and gift shop should have a similar structure to what Coney BBQ has with how it's basically an old western structure with a carnival touch up (I don't really know how to describe it). It seems that CF is basically having the coaster's theming fit in with the section of the park it is in. 

Edited by Hawaiian Coasters 325
grammar mistake

Okay, please hold your hopes down because most likely it's just blocking off the area, but I did find this near the old Dino's area. Please don't get your hopes up for a giga next year. It is possible that we could see teasers pop up on here in the middle of the season, but please don't get your hopes up cause it may mean nothing.

IMG_20180413_192652_122.jpg

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, kirbias1 said:

No sign of any clearing or construction that I saw, which probably means NO. 2019. GIGA.  

I did see trees being cut down by The Beast when I rode it. But again, let's not get our hopes up. It's also a possibility that we may see construction mid season and start seeing teasers pop up mid season, but again let's not get our hopes up.

1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I did see trees being cut down by The Beast when I rode it. But again, let's not get our hopes up. It's also a possibility that we may see construction mid season and start seeing teasers pop up mid season, but again let's not get our hopes up.

didn't see that. don't really want trees cut down by The Beast, though