The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

9 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

A lot. Some by Racer, Firehawk and Beast areas.

The tree removal may just be a continuing removal of Ash trees around these areas, especially since The Beast is tightly packed near the woods and they may not want a downed tree to damage the ride.

As part of my catch-up-with-KIC-after-2-years-of-being-inactive endeavor, I subjected myself to reading through this entire thread. This may have been the most difficult thread to read of the bunch. You all need to chill.

I am of the opinion that KIC does not need a Giga and that the investment it would require could be better used elsewhere. I don’t feel a hole in our coaster lineup that a Giga would fill. I would love to have one, but I honestly don’t know if it would fit at KI at this time.

However, if we were to have a Giga on the way, I would love to see something similar to the VERY ROUGH markup below. I have no idea if this is even possible, but I think it would be so cool to have a turnaround interact with the newish entryway to the parking lot. What a great way to start the day. Move or remove Congo Falls to make room for an entry plaza.

Thoughts?

11AB8A34-42C2-4A97-8D5D-C059926AC90E.jpeg

• Like 4

I'd say that if it were to angle its way near Kings Island Drive at about a 135 degree angle rather than 90 degrees, it would miss the Dog Street Cemetery. They could also rebuild that roadway so the coaster tunnels underneath like the Carowinds entrance plaza and Hades at Mt. Olympus. But that still leaves the problem of zoning and Great Wolf Lodge. It would possibly work if the park bought Great Wolf, but I don't think they would nor do I think they're interested in selling. But it is, again, a very interesting idea as it's different from the other Cedar Fair Giga coasters.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, coasterfanatic2012 said:

I was curious about the cemetery and what KI can/can’t do near that area. Is it off limits I assume?

The cemetery is maintained by the Deerfield Township Trustees. I would guess they own it as well.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, coasterfanatic2012 said:

As part of my catch-up-with-KIC-after-2-years-of-being-inactive endeavor, I subjected myself to reading through this entire thread. This may have been the most difficult thread to read of the bunch. You all need to chill.

I am of the opinion that KIC does not need a Giga and that the investment it would require could be better used elsewhere. I don’t feel a hole in our coaster lineup that a Giga would fill. I would love to have one, but I honestly don’t know if it would fit at KI at this time.

However, if we were to have a Giga on the way, I would love to see something similar to the VERY ROUGH markup below. I have no idea if this is even possible, but I think it would be so cool to have a turnaround interact with the newish entryway to the parking lot. What a great way to start the day. Move or remove Congo Falls to make room for an entry plaza.

Thoughts?

11AB8A34-42C2-4A97-8D5D-C059926AC90E.jpeg

Most of the time, investments aren't really about what the park needs, but it's about what would bring more money to the park. A giga would bring lots of crowds to Kings Island since a 300+ foot tall coaster is a GP eye catcher. It would also bring lots of money to Kings Island, to Cedar Fair, and the area. I like the location that you put though, but imo it isn't the most likely option.

13 hours ago, coasterfanatic2012 said:

I was curious about the cemetery and what KI can/can’t do near that area. Is it off limits I assume?

I also am not sure of where exactly the property line with GWL falls.

Kings Island actually owns the property GWL sits on.

On 4/14/2018 at 2:04 PM, Gannersdaddy said:

Found them. LOL:lol:

20180414_132253.jpg

Even the Web in West Chester is on the giga hype train as well

IMG_20180414_184853_827.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

Am I the only one who thinks its odd that they didn't remove the old DA sign frame? It almost seems intentional..

giga.gif

https://coaster-nation.com/clearingatdinosaurs/

Also, that smoking area does look a lot like a ride plaza..

They use that sign currently for field of screams at haunt, but I think they could've easily taken it down and put it back up for haunt. So maybe that could become the new coaster's sign.

10 hours ago, gforce1994 said:

So there is construction by Dinosaur’s Alive: https://coaster-nation.com/clearingatdinosaurs/

I saw that on Facebook! Very interesting. The area where they are clearing imo could be where the drop and first overbank are (If its a giga)

Okay so we're just gonna say with bulldozers, fences, and trees being removed that it's all over some bugs. Why is it only being removed in that big open area then and not anywhere in the rest of the woods surrounding the park. (I'm not trying to be a pain I'm just passionate about a Giga)

What big open area? The only open area is the former dig site, as chugh43 said. The trees that the link says are being removed are pretty randomly spread around and are likely for non construction reasons related to their health. Trees have been being removed around the park in that way for years. As for the 'construction' fence, it is the same design the park recently put up around part of The Racer, Firehawk's exit, and the path leading to the picnic grove. Therefore, not really a construction fence. The way I see it there is absolutely no construction for 2019 at the moment.

• Like 8

Has anyone seen said bulldozers? The fence that's there...hmmm maybe it's there to keep people out of an area that they are not staffing, nor do not need people in. 

There have been many trees removed throughout the park over the past few years due to this...but some folks will believe it's only in that area because that's where they want a giga to go. There's a difference between reality and theories. If someone believes something so much, any little thing that changes can support a theory. 

• Like 8

I saw them a few on the live cam, and saw on other threads similar reports. I never once said "construction" fence btw. I just think  being that all this is almost exclusively in the former dinos area we shouldn't discount it just yet. This forum can be really fun, but everyone wants to discount anything new until fully announced. I think I ruffled some feathers tho, sorry, just wanted to discuss.

But has said live cams ever been on the former Dino's site since the 2017 season? 

Sometimes a fence is just a fence. It's not all exclusively in that area...the removal of trees has been all over. 

Not trying to discount anything new, because none of this topic is new and there isn't any full out construction that can be deemed as construction. There are folks who see a pink ribbon somewhere in the park and their instant thought is "GIGA CONFIRMED." 

• Like 3

I know, but I figured that's why it's called a Speculation Thread so we could speculate outlandish theories and talk about even the smallest possibilities of the Giga. Also I apologize if I've come off belligerent in any way. I don't intend to, I'm just very opinionated.

There's a difference in speculation and claiming construction is happening. There's a difference in calling the dig site a major clearing and looking at it for what it actually is...a removal. 

I have seen so much crap talk coming toward fans of KI, because of the "we deserve a giga/ a giga is next" mentality. I'm tired of being lumped up with it.

• Like 5