The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

15 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

As much as I would love something like Maverick, I don't see it happening since Cedar Fair doesn't work with Intamin. A giga would actually be a GP eye catcher. The thought of dropping over 300 feet at over 90 mph is something that catches the GPs eye. 

Whose to say they won't work with them again. They haven't ever said they won't?

The Beast clearing is very minimal.  It is just like every other year where trees are removed here and there.  

I do think it makes the most sense to use part of the former DA area for more flats and flattening out more of the area for a new set of Antiques.  The park has one of the best overall coaster collections already.  What we don't have is a deep collection of flats.  Rides like a Musik Express or a Tilt a Whirl will appeal to people who may like flats but never ride coasters.

I don't think a giga is coming in '19.  We know Wonderland is getting a new coaster next year (based upon construction), it sounds like Carowinds is getting one, and both Dorney and Worlds of Fun have been rumored for one.  I would like to see them focus on the other half of Coney Mall next year and some flats as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JudeHoward said:

I think that intamins are amazing but from my experience and several times i've been to CP, they break down so much. I don't think Cedar Fair wants the public to think they have another Son of Beast in terms of reliability.

TBH Mill Force isn't down hardly ever and neither is Maverick.

I understand the first year and the delay. Other then that Maverick has been a work horse. Pun intended. haha. I dunno about last year. I went about 5 times and got on each time. Plus there is Mill Force. Another work horse.

I don't want to make this into a mfg discussion. I was just pointing out that someone said they will not use Intamin. Just looking for those facts.

Currently I'm in the we don't 100% need a giga, but will most likely happen camp since Kings Island is the only "major" Cedar Fair park without a giga and how it would be a GP eye catcher and draw a ton of people to the park and the area.

3 hours ago, gforce1994 said:

So RMC Beast?7239E675-68C8-4420-AABC-8D0295AE5C24.jpeg

Won't happen as long as me or Don Helbig are on this Earth!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Currently I'm in the we don't 100% need a giga, but will most likely happen camp since Kings Island is the only "major" Cedar Fair park without a giga and how it would be a GP eye catcher and draw a ton of people to the park and the area.

Won't happen as long as me or Don Helbig are on this Earth!

A PR person does not call the shots.

I know it’s nothing but I’m going to bring it up again this picture is continuously being used on Kings Island social media sites.  It continues to pop up in a tweet, Instagram pic, etc. the picture is facing toward Action Zone, coney mall, x base section of the park.. again it’s probably nothing but you never know thought I’d bring it up again because they have posted it several times recently.. 

D58EC24E-4635-4875-9CF7-895FFB15194E.png

• Like 1

On 4/14/2018 at 9:52 AM, gforce1994 said:

A lot. Some by Racer, Firehawk and Beast areas.

3 minutes ago, GigaLover said:

I know it’s nothing but I’m going to bring it up again this picture is continuously being used on Kings Island social media sites.  It continues to pop up in a tweet, Instagram pic, etc. the picture is facing toward Action Zone, coney mall, x base section of the park.. again it’s probably nothing but you never know thought I’d bring it up again because they have posted it several times recently.. 

D58EC24E-4635-4875-9CF7-895FFB15194E.png

Good eye. That pic does point to where all of the discussed activity is taking place, at, or near the former DA. I'd also like to point out that the place where the T-Rex was at the entrance to the park advertising DA, has also not changed (with exception to T-Rex being gone). It's almost like it's just there waiting for another big something to go in it's place with a similar advertising theme, perhaps. Similar to the DA plaza still being there, but surrounded by a lot of fence with a big sign at the entrance (That they could have easily removed), now blank and seemingly reduced to a designated smoking area, all while the infamous snow shoveled "Giga" appeared in that very direction as well. Also, isn't the Giga crane game over near DA? Hmmmmm.......probably nothing, but interesting, nonetheless. 

• Like 1

There's a park near home where I like to go walk and play Pokémon Go. Last visit, we went for a hike through the woods, and saw that a fair number of trees had been cut down to be removed. I can safely say that park isn't getting a roller coaster next year either. 

As long as there are no actual signs (like the ones on the fence in Rivertown when the park opened in 2016) I'm finding it extremely hard to see any of these things that happen every year (replacing or installing things like sewage or drainage pipes, cutting down trees, cleaning up an area where something has been removed) as being "signs" of anything other than typical park maintenance. 

Edit: the Giga crane games have been in the park since at least 2016.  It wasn't a sign about the construction that eventually led to Mystic Timbers, nor is it a sign now. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Magenta Lizard said:

There's a park near home where I like to go walk and play Pokémon Go. Last visit, we went for a hike through the woods, and saw that a fair number of trees had been cut down to be removed. I can safely say that park isn't getting a roller coaster next year either. 

As long as there are no actual signs (like the ones on the fence in Rivertown when the park opened in 2016) I'm finding it extremely hard to see any of these things that happen every year (replacing or installing things like sewage or drainage pipes, cutting down trees, cleaning up an area where something has been removed) as being "signs" of anything other than typical park maintenance. 

Edit: the Giga crane games have been in the park since at least 2016.  It wasn't a sign about the construction that eventually led to Mystic Timbers, nor is it a sign now. 

I agree that it's all a reach, but fun to ponder. I also agree that the Giga Crane game wasn't a sign regarding Mystic Timbers construction, as MT is not a Giga.

22 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

If a tree falls in the forest and and no enthusiast is around to hear it, is it for a giga?  

Congratulations, you win this thread. :)

8 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

True.  But this thread is like a fidget spinner.  It gives the restless something to do.  

And you take second place. :P

• Haha 2

Coaster-Net is not a reliable source of information, speaking as a former staff member myself.  They often run with a lot of 'information' without double checking their sources or going off of hearsay a lot and jump to conclusions for the sake of getting hits.  I've been in meetings with the current staff, its a sad practice.   

BTW, that's BB1 in the video.  And I kid you not, he's a staff member there. 

And don't get me started on the management.  

silver2005, who has a laundry list of problems with Coaster-Net.

• Like 3