The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

2 hours ago, THE_BEASTmaster said:

I believe he was making fun of another KICentral member who claimed that they saw green Intamin track heading to the park that year before Banshee’s announcement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was that the situation where someone who shall not be named took it too far and broke into the construction site?

I don’t think so. This person kept insisting that the 2014 attraction, what is now Banshee, was going to be an Intamin even though the evidence was pointing to B&M. The person who trespassed on park property was never mentioned by name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I am highly against Kings Island getting a Raptor track! Cedar Fair would not place a very low capacity ride at one of their highest attended parks. This is not Six Flags. If they do remove Invertigo and Congo Falls, then I think that would be an ok spot for a giga. Remember back earlier in the forum we had some guys (including me) send layout sketches of a giga in that area. 

I have heard the wind blow rumors of this being the last season for Invertigo. I'm actually quite surprised that it's lasted this long considering it has pretty low capacity compared to other rides in the park. Great ride, but horrible loading times and single train kind of kill it. 

You know guys, pretty much every park including the bigger parks have at least a few rides that are a bit under capacity.  If parks focused entirely on capacity, the variety of coasters you'd see at big parks would be quite small and boring.   You guys act as if parks should always sacrifice variety for capacity.  There are so many rides at parks that wouldn't exist if they kept to that line of thought.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

You know guys, pretty much every park including the bigger parks have at least a few rides that are a bit under capacity.  If parks focused entirely on capacity, the variety of coasters you'd see at big parks would be quite small and boring.   You guys act as if parks should always sacrifice variety for capacity.  There are so many rides at parks that wouldn't exist if they kept to that line of thought.  

But a lot of those were added years ago. Cedar Fair hasn't put low capacity rides in their large parks lately. Invertigo was added when Paramount owned the park. Firehawk was added because it was in good condition and needed to be relocated. If KI were to get an RMC, it would be either a ground up woodie or a Trex. I think we should get a giga from B&M because KI could use another people eater. Banshee does an amazing job at that. I think with the four seat across seating, it would really help the crowds and the huge line it'll get on opening weekend. I also think our giga should have some sort of soundtrack in the station and queue like MT. 

A little known fact many of you don't know. Before every season, Don ventures to The Home Depot and goes to the "Trolling Wood" section of the lumberyard. The trolling wood comes in long planks that are made into fences which are slightly taller than the average human being, but are not tall enough that someone can't hold a camera overhead. The fences have very small holes and cracks that offer limited visibility, but just enough to cause curiosity among coaster nerds. 

trolls.png

Don also buys multiple colored flags that can be decorated around random trees which can cause unnecessary excitement throughout the coaster community. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 9

22 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

A little known fact many of you don't know. Before every season, Don ventures to The Home Depot and goes to the "Trolling Wood" section of the lumberyard. The trolling wood comes in long planks that are made into fences which are slightly taller than the average human being, but are not tall enough that someone can't hold a camera overhead. The fences have very small holes and cracks that offer limited visibility, but just enough to cause curiosity among coaster nerds. 

trolls.png

Don also buys multiple colored flags that can be decorated around random trees which can cause unnecessary excitement throughout the coaster community. 

This is impressive work sir!! 

That being said, Home Depot carries pre-built "trolling fence" panels. They could save money by buying the pre-built panels and then throwing them up around random places within the park. 

Personally, the best troll they gave us was the "Giga Crane" game. We all know that building a Giga is going to require a crane. It's like they're coming right out and saying it to anyone that is smart enough to read between the lines!! 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, lifetimecoaster said:

Maybe the whole giga crane thing was a small hint for the future after Mystic Timbers. I know those games have been there since 2016, but maybe there was a reason behind them. Maybe they were hinting to the next 5 years. I think Mystic Timbers was a set up coaster to soak up the crowds the giga would bring and then the giga would bring those people back. I joked around when the new Marriott hotel for KI drive was announced saying "They are doing that for the crowds the giga will bring." I'm kinda joking on this whole giga crane thing, but maybe it means more about the future of Kings Island

53 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Maybe the whole giga crane thing was a small hint for the future after Mystic Timbers. I know those games have been there since 2016, but maybe there was a reason behind them. Maybe they were hinting to the next 5 years. I think Mystic Timbers was a set up coaster to soak up the crowds the giga would bring and then the giga would bring those people back. I joked around when the new Marriott hotel for KI drive was announced saying "They are doing that for the crowds the giga will bring." I'm kinda joking on this whole giga crane thing, but maybe it means more about the future of Kings Island

HA! Could be. 

On 4/17/2018 at 12:06 AM, gforce1994 said:

But over an acre of trees next to the world’s best wooded coaster? Suspiscious.

That was acres. These are a few trees. Once again, does not mean anything yet. If more were getting removed and land was clearing, it would be.

• Like 2

Phone crashed so hard to catch up on reading. Amazing how many pages accumulate during a short amount of time.

On 4/17/2018 at 1:52 PM, sixohdieselrage said:

I used to be on the "We need a Giga" bandwagon. Until....

Mystic Timbers!  The ride that showed me it doesn't have to be tall to be a blast!

It's great you mentioned this because a lot of people, just like now, people were positive that KI was getting a giga next. Who knows if we're getting one now.

19 hours ago, GigaLover said:

I know it’s nothing but I’m going to bring it up again this picture is continuously being used on Kings Island social media sites.  It continues to pop up in a tweet, Instagram pic, etc. the picture is facing toward Action Zone, coney mall, x base section of the park.. again it’s probably nothing but you never know thought I’d bring it up again because they have posted it several times recently.. 

Keep in mind the park loves toying with enthusiasts. If they hear about something simple like this getting attention...they're going to keep posting it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Does anyone have pics of the masses of trees being moved. I'd like to see this. I can't make it down to KI till early May.

So... I was there on Sunday and walked over by the former DA! entrance and also rode Racer trying to get a look. Pretty sure I didn't see any additional tree clearing, but I saw areas that looked empty, but that's where Dinos used to be and are now vacant. Maybe I missed something, but didn't see any mass clearing going on.

Obviously they have plans for the area, but I'm not sure I saw anything getting started.

17 minutes ago, Delirium13 said:

So... I was there on Sunday and walked over by the former DA! entrance and also rode Racer trying to get a look. Pretty sure I didn't see any additional tree clearing, but I saw areas that looked empty, but that's where Dinos used to be and are now vacant. Maybe I missed something, but didn't see any mass clearing going on.

Obviously they have plans for the area, but I'm not sure I saw anything getting started.

The mass clearing is next to be MCBR on Beast. Kind of hard to miss.

Or the brightly colored bench seats that have been stacked there at MT's turnaround, in the KI&MVRR's "third station," since about halfway through last summer. 

I mean, I'm all for speculation. I'm even for thinking just about anything in the park might be a further clue, once it is clear something new is coming. But absent the things the park would definitely be doing (teasing with signs and social media posts) if something major was coming, there's just really no point to look at things that appear to be regular park maintenance and suggest they could be something else. 

• Like 3