The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

I'd like to see a giga with an inversion. Maybe later in  the ride after a MCBR.

Its really the perfect sport for the gig. Plus they can show some love to X-Base.

Ahh Sorry for the double post. I got confused.

Edited by IndyGuy4KI
I combined your post Maverick!

47 minutes ago, Tera Ryzing said:

i don't want to see a giga with a mcbr.

I am guessing if they go B&M they will have a MCBR for capacity.

Side note: Unless the train needs stopped due to blocking, why do they need to stop/slow you there? I have never understood that.

• Like 1

the b&m or Intamin gigas haven't used a mcbr.  The B&m takes years to climb the lift while the CP intamin has a dual load/unload and I305 only runs 2 trains.

I agree with your second part.  The best b&m hyper is goliath @ sfOg cause it does not have one.  All the others ruin the 2nd half.

A giga does not need a mid course break run to run 3 trains. Look at Fury and Leviathan. They are so long and it takes a bit to climb the lift hill so it doesn't need a MCBR. 

1 hour ago, SonofBaconator said:

That's similar to what I had months ago

Theory 3.png

Remember several months ago we talked about to not remove those maintenance facilities, but good idea though even though it's a mirrored Fury 325.  At least we have the idea. The real one would probably have a similar layout to Fury, plus adding new elements.

The B&M Giga's (Leviathan and Fury 325) have exceptionally long brake sections. Thus, removing the need for a mid course. 

I wouldn't say it would need a MCBR for an inversion...if anything, trims could be used..but these companies as they design the rides have the ability to design where a natural slow down could occur for said inversion.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, chugh43 said:

The B&M Giga's (Leviathan and Fury 325) have exceptionally long brake sections. Thus, removing the need for a mid course. 

I wouldn't say it would need a MCBR for an inversion...if anything, trims could be used..but these companies as they design the rides have the ability to design where a natural slow down could occur for said inversion.

If its a b&m its guaranteed to have a trim:ph34r:

Just saying though if there was ever a giga that had a total inversion there would need to be some point to slow the train. It could be many of things. MCBR, Trim or natural slowing by a hill. I understand that a coaster doesn't need slowed if there is a long break section or a slow hill. This was just for an inversion on a giga. Be my gust if you wanna go 90 mph and do a barrel roll lol

1 hour ago, chugh43 said:

Maybe I'm different, but trims don't bother me...

Don't you ever wonder what could have been with that airtime hill before the camera on diamondstack?

1 hour ago, Maverick44 said:

Just saying though if there was ever a giga that had a total inversion there would need to be some point to slow the train. It could be many of things. MCBR, Trim or natural slowing by a hill. I understand that a coaster doesn't need slowed if there is a long break section or a slow hill. This was just for an inversion on a giga. Be my gust if you wanna go 90 mph and do a barrel roll lol

i can do without a gimmick inversion on a giga.  There would be a variation on the open air trains.

12 minutes ago, Tera Ryzing said:

i can do without a gimmick inversion on a giga.  There would be a variation on the open air trains.

I mean that's fine. This is a speculation thread that's gone down rabbit hole after rabbit hole. A conversation about different ideas  that could be used on the KI giga ( whenever that happens, If ever).  CF is all about records. They could own the first ever giga with an inversion and first ever giga with a launch! IMO that sounds awesome.