The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

If Cedar Fair still worked with Intamin, it would have been cool to see a Giga that was unique from Intimidator 305 and Millennium Force. I know there are quite a few people that wanted a Top Thrill Dragster clone at KI, but height restrictions from the FAA hinder that possibility. The closest coaster to that would be something like Red Force at Ferrari Land at PortAventura World. However, I've heard somewhere that that coaster doesn't count as a Giga, despite being within the 300-399 foot height range. Obviously won't happen, nor would it ever happen, but that was an idea I thought of.

4 minutes ago, BlondyRidesOn said:

Apparently the park isn't allowed to build a ride above 399 feet tall because of the nearby Warren County airport, but that's just what I have heard somewhere.

But they could use the terrain to go over 400ft if they got creative. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BlondyRidesOn said:

If Cedar Fair still worked with Intamin, it would have been cool to see a Giga that was unique from Intimidator 305 and Millennium Force. I know there are quite a few people that wanted a Top Thrill Dragster clone at KI, but height restrictions from the FAA hinder that possibility. The closest coaster to that would be something like Red Force at Ferrari Land at PortAventura World. However, I've heard somewhere that that coaster doesn't count as a Giga, despite being within the 300-399 foot height range. Obviously won't happen, nor would it ever happen, but that was an idea I thought of.

IF there is a height restriction, it is because of the the very small Lebanon-Warren County Regional Airport, which is pretty far away from KI. Planes hardly ever fly over KI for their flight path to land there as it is. Also, If there are restrictions, KI could always request a height restriction increase, similar to what California's Great America just did with their 280 foot attraction that was just approved, rumored to open next season. CGA is much closer to a much larger and busier airport than Warren County's and they were still approved.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sixohdieselrage said:

Screenshot_20180420-074057_Chrome.jpg

Same goes with other mfg's. 

I have never gotten off a b&m and been like OMG.  Intamin and RMC on the other hand....I don't get off a ride and think, "well this ride has downtime from time to time so its not as good"  Its either awesome or it isnt.

24 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

^Haha I have yet to ride an RMC. I can't wait. I mean there are some B&M's like Banshee that are amazing and Fury. You have 1 point though. I have yet to ride a boring Intamin. I could be biased though lol

You get off an rmc and most intamins like mf, Ttd, ka, supes, maverick, el Toro, i305, volcano, skyrush, xcelerator and your like what, what the hell was that.  Maybe I just like more intense coasters and immuned to normal rides.

Last thing going through my mind is that the ride has maintenance so I should not love it as much.

I mean to be fair it is safer to ride a coaster of any mfg then it is to drive to the park. I agree I don't ever think about the maintenance as well. I love coaster so much. I am just like you an the more intense the better!! I love all Itamins and B&M's are decent. I can't wait for Steel Vengeance. I am kinda disappointed in Valravn but Banshee is bada$$.

Valravn is still great compared to other dove coasters but as an experience in itself is a bit meh. Don’t know why dive coasters never seem to do much.

i will grant that Intamin makes some great coasters and Maverick is probably my favorite coaster right now. However while we don’t get off the ride thinking about the maintenance and just the experience, you can bet people think about the downtime a lot when they are unable to ride it all because it is shutdown for some reason. Looking at Lightning Rod it is an amazing coaster but it got talked negatively about a lot and got lots of bad press because of its constant downtime it’s first couple seasons.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tera Ryzing said:

I have never gotten off a b&m and been like OMG.  Intamin and RMC on the other hand....I don't get off a ride and think, "well this ride has downtime from time to time so its not as good"  Its either awesome or it isnt.

Three words: Banshee back row. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, purdude86 said:

Valravn is still great compared to other dove coasters but as an experience in itself is a bit meh. Don’t know why dive coasters never seem to do much.

i will grant that Intamin makes some great coasters and Maverick is probably my favorite coaster right now. However while we don’t get off the ride thinking about the maintenance and just the experience, you can bet people think about the downtime a lot when they are unable to ride it all because it is shutdown for some reason. Looking at Lightning Rod it is an amazing coaster but it got talked negatively about a lot and got lots of bad press because of its constant downtime it’s first couple seasons.

TBH the CP Intamins have never really let me down. I get to  CP about 5 to 6 times a summer and never run into downtime. There was the first season for TTD but I still rode it every visit but I wanna say 1. I also never have issues with Mill Force and Maverick. I am not sure about any other in other parks. Cheetah Hunt at BGTB works everytime I am there as well lol I know we all have our opinions.

Getting back on to some sort of the topic now though. A Blitz coaster could be awesome in x-base as well. Keeping with a theme of like a fighter jet? That is if its not a giga coming any time soon.

20 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

Three words: Banshee back row. 

The most intense coasters b&m nas made is Banshee through a few elements in the second half, the batman clones and kumba.  What about the overly majority snooze fests such as silver bullet, patriot, the hypers, gigas, floorless models, wing coasters etc?

4 minutes ago, Tera Ryzing said:

The most intense coasters b&m nas made is Banshee through a few elements in the second half, the batman clones and kumba.  What about the overly majority snooze fests such as silver bullet, patriot, the hypers, gigas, floorless models, wing coasters etc?

I think you need to find a new hobby like skydiving, base jumping or the such.  I think you would be much happier.  :D

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

21 minutes ago, Tera Ryzing said:

Probably cause they are snooze fests for the gp.

@IndyGuy4KI one thing really quick. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. Just remember that Cedar Fair pays a lot of money for those "snooze fests" so both enthusiasts and the gp can enjoy them. Furthermore, if B&M coasters were "snooze fests" they wouldn't have 19 entries on the 2017 Golden Ticket Awards top 50 whereas Intamin only has 9.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2