The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

3 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

@IndyGuy4KI one thing really quick. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. Just remember that Cedar Fair pays a lot of money for those "snooze fests" so both enthusiasts and the gp can enjoy them. Furthermore, if B&M coasters were "snooze fests" they wouldn't have 15 entries on the 2017 Golden Ticket Awards whereas Intamin only has 9.

You're right, the golden tickets are so unbiased.:ph34r:

Like indy jones said, let's see some layouts.

5 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

^Haha I have yet to ride an RMC. I can't wait. I mean there are some B&M's like Banshee that are amazing and Fury. You have 1 point though. I have yet to ride a boring Intamin. I could be biased though lol

Then don't ride Green Lantern at SFMM. Out of the 202 coasters I've ridden it's easily one of the worst. Goodness it's awful, lol.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tera Ryzing said:

The most intense coasters b&m nas made is Banshee through a few elements in the second half, the batman clones and kumba.  What about the overly majority snooze fests such as silver bullet, patriot, the hypers, gigas, floorless models, wing coasters etc?

I don't the Diamondback is a "snooze fest". It is an airtime machine and that is the reason it consistently ranks in the top ten.

11 minutes ago, kirbias1 said:

I don't the Diamondback is a "snooze fest". It is an airtime machine and that is the reason it consistently ranks in the top ten.

I wouldn't characterize DB as "floater" airtime coaster. Definitely think it's ejector, just not violent ejector. I also have ridden a handful of Intamin's and I don't think they have near the airtime the B&M's do. At the same time, I think Intamin's are more intense than B&M's in terms of speed and laterals. The most violent ejector airtime that I have experienced to date is Twisted Colossus. That thing hurts when it throws you up. Fun though.

8 hours ago, Tera Ryzing said:

I have never gotten off a b&m and been like OMG.  Intamin and RMC on the other hand....I don't get off a ride and think, "well this ride has downtime from time to time so its not as good"  Its either awesome or it isnt.

I have gotten off each manufacture and said wow. They're all different in various ways. 

We get it you don't like B&M. You dont need to constantly shove that fact down our throats in bolded letters. Just stop. 

We all have opinions just like you. You can't call something "bad" or a "snoozefest" when its clearly not. It's your opinion not a fact.

Just because you like B&M doesn't mean they need to put in an Intamin giga. If they do put in a giga, they're going to pick the manufacture they believe is the best option for their park.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, SonofBaconator said:

Something interesting I noticed unrelated to a giga, or maybe it is, but Cedar Fair has trademarked the name "Copperhead Strike"

I highly doubt this would be a name for a possible KI giga but it sounds like a cool name nonetheless. 

https://www.trademarkia.com/copperhead-strike-87868589.html

Copperheads do live in Ohio: http://wildlife.ohiodnr.gov/species-and-habitats/species-guide-index/reptiles/northern-copperhead

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

True, but it could be for any type of ride the chain is adding. Copperheads are found in the southeast to east part of the US, so it could possibly be for any Cedar Fair park in that region.

copperheadrange.gif

http://www.snake-removal.com/copperhead.html

Then again, Diamondback rattlesnakes aren't found in Ohio yet KI has one...

38 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

True, but it could be for any type of ride the chain is adding. Copperheads are found in the southeast to east part of the US, so it could possibly be for any Cedar Fair park in that region.

copperheadrange.gif

Very true. I don’t know what the construction is for if they’re using retaining walls.

21 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

We know who is on team B&M and who is on team Intamin. Let's speculate a Giga, I want to see more track layouts and train designs. I would love to see giga layouts that integrate with other rides in the park!

I have one that flies along perimeter of AZ, dives under entrance, and has double helix by Bat.

1 hour ago, KingsMills79 said:

Trademarked name "could" possibly be for Carowinds 2019 coaster.

I thought the same thing. I've heard however that the name linked to the project is called "Alpha", but that's speculation. Also, the names Centurion and The Ledge are still active trademarks

True, but it could be for any type of ride the chain is adding. Copperheads are found in the southeast to east part of the US, so it could possibly be for any Cedar Fair park in that region.copperheadrange.gif.3d90d79b97600aa75d1acba89fe26962.gif

There are 2 types of Diamondback rattle snakes. The Eastern Diamondback and the Western Diamondback, but you are correct there are none in Ohio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, THE_BEASTmaster said:

There is 2 types of Diamondback rattle snakes. The Eastern Diamondback and the Western Diamondback, but you are correct there are none in Ohio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe Copperhead is going to be the "speculated" GCI that Carowinds may be getting. Also why have 2 snake themed coasters in one park? Isn't a Diamondback worse than a Copperhead anyway? Wouldn't make sense for a giga, at least not too me.

• Like 1