The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

I believe Copperhead is going to be the "speculated" GCI that Carowinds may be getting. Also why have 2 snake themed coasters in one park? Isn't a Diamondback worse than a Copperhead anyway? Wouldn't make sense for a giga, at least not too me.

There are 2 types of Diamondback rattle snakes. The Eastern Diamondback and the Western Diamondback, but you are correct there are none in Ohio  

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never said that, I was replying to what SonofBaconator said about the Diamondback rattlesnake not being found in Ohio, yet we have a roller coaster named after it. I said there are 2 types of Diamondback rattlesnakes, the eastern and western species. He was correct that there aren’t any Diamondback rattlesnakes found in Ohio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate to bust anyone's bubble, but I just got off windseeker and stared at the old dinosaurs alive area the whole time I was on it. I saw not one bulldozer, tractor or shovel over there. All I saw was dirt from the old dino dig area. Sorry no giga construction over there.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I hate to bust anyone's bubble, but I just got off WindSeeker and stared at the old Dinosaurs Alive area the whole time I was on it. I saw not one bulldozer, tractor or shovel over there. All I saw was dirt from the old dino dig area. Sorry no giga construction over there.

However nobody has explained the clearing by Beast. It’s not EAB.

1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Parks don't tend to celebrate anniversaries with big new attractions.

Mystic Timbers opened for the 45th. For the 15th, Kings Island opened Skylab and a renovated Coney Mall, for the 20th they opened Phantom Theater, etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, silver2005 said:

Unless you have some before and after pictures that are close enough to pinpoint the trees' species, all you have is hearsay to go on.  

True, however, EAB degrades the strength of the wood, likely making the tree shatter during removal. None of this was seen. 

4 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I hate to bust anyone's bubble, but I just got off WindSeeker and stared at the old Dinosaurs Alive area the whole time I was on it. I saw not one bulldozer, tractor or shovel over there. All I saw was dirt from the old dino dig area. Sorry no giga construction over there.

But what if they are going with Commando and painted all the heavy equipment in camouflage?  I also question your super human ability to stare at one specific plot of land the whole time being locked in restraints traveling 360 degrees.  :D

• Like 2

4 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I rode it around the same time as you and thought I saw a shovel

• Like 2

Well...although this doesn't confirm any future project in correspondence with a giga coaster, I did find this tailormade for the giga speculation that coaster enthusiasts have been raving about. There's construction taking place by Invertigo and Congo Falls. All credit and thanks goes to Wildcat Coasters from Youtube. Enjoy folks!

Edited by QuantumMechanicsInMotion
Diction and Embedded Link

2 hours ago, gforce1994 said:

True, however, EAB degrades the strength of the wood, likely making the tree shatter during removal. None of this was seen. 

I have watched dead ash trees get cut down and have yet to see any shatter. The situation becomes more dangerous the longer a dead tree is left standing.

The vast majority of the trees in the Beast woods that were removed were either dead or were ash trees that were likely to die in the future.

31 minutes ago, QuantumMechanicsInMotion said:

There's construction taking place by Invertigo and Congo Falls.

A boom lift sitting next to the ride looks more like maintenance than construction to me.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, QuantumMechanicsInMotion said:

Well...although this doesn't confirm any future project in correspondence with a giga coaster, I did find this tailormade for the giga speculation that coaster enthusiasts have been raving about. There's construction taking place by Invertigo and Congo Falls. All credit and thanks goes to Wildcat Coasters from Youtube. Enjoy folks!

I see a boom lift in that area often, not just this season

• Like 3

I just thought of one possible snafu about putting a giga in the area most of you are going for.   I wonder if Kings High School would have any issues with a giga heading out too far in that direction with noise concerns.   There's also a bit of housing not too far from that either.  

The giga I envision (if KI gets one) would start in Action Zone and most likely involve removing Timberwolf, Congo Falls, or both for the station and queue area, and take it past The Bat and into the area around the greenhouse/old camp grounds, out behind GWL.  They could also relocate the Blackout building and use that area for the station/queue.  

1 hour ago, silver2005 said:

I just thought of one possible snafu about putting a giga in the area most of you are going for.   I wonder if Kings High School would have any issues with a giga heading out too far in that direction with noise concerns.   There's also a bit of housing not too far from that either.  

The giga I envision (if KI gets one) would start in Action Zone and most likely involve removing Timberwolf, Congo Falls, or both for the station and queue area, and take it past The Bat and into the area around the greenhouse/old camp grounds, out behind GWL.  They could also relocate the Blackout building and use that area for the station/queue.  

I've mentioned about the housing with "proposed" layouts that users have posted. 

3 hours ago, QuantumMechanicsInMotion said:

That boom is there pretty much all the time. Also, never heard of Wildcat Coasters (the youtube page) before...I wouldn't necessarily count them as a reputable source.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, QuantumMechanicsInMotion said:

That lift has always been there. Although, I have heard rumors swirling around that this is the last season for Invertigo. If Invertigo were to leave, then congo falls will probably end up going as well. Fun Fact: I actually know the guy who ran the crane for both Invertigo and WindSeeker!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, QuantumMechanicsInMotion said:

I believe that Boom is used for maintenance as well as potential evacuation on Invertigo.

• Like 1