The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

19 hours ago, QuantumMechanicsInMotion said:

Well...although this doesn't confirm any future project in correspondence with a giga coaster, I did find this tailormade for the giga speculation that coaster enthusiasts have been raving about. There's construction taking place by Invertigo and Congo Falls. All credit and thanks goes to Wildcat Coasters from Youtube. Enjoy folks!

Oh no typical maintenance! #Gigaconfirmed!  

43 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

Though it might be a bit too close to GWL, that's about what I'm thinking too.  

Kings Island actually owns the land GWL sits on. They can build close to it if they wanted since they own the land.

1 hour ago, Maverick44 said:

I'm just gonna keep doing this lol I enjoy this a lot. My newest creation is if they remove timberwolf.

Capture 4.PNG

I think if they removed Timberwolf, they would build a new and improved theatre behind Banshee so that they can still host Spiritsong and music in the parks.

3 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Kings Island actually owns the land GWL sits on. They can build close to it if they wanted since they own the land.

Don't think they do...Screenshot_20180418-223326_onX Hunt.jpg

Not that I entirely believe this map, as it could be wrong. And yes, it's an older screenshot from a couple weeks ago. 

I took this with a grain of salt, but I had I few ride ops tells me this would be Firehawks last season. Have any of you guys heard this rumor? It was a first for me but I did hear it none the less. I personally don't see it, but I guess anything is possible.

26 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Kings Island originally owned that land as part of the campground. When Great Wolf Lodge was built, it became property of the new resort.

Paramount Parks retained a stake in GWL Mason for consideration of the land, but that stake was sold by Cedar Fair to Great Wolf Resorts after the Paramount acquisition. Thus, Great Wolf itself currently has full ownership of the property.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, BuckeyeBond said:

I took this with a grain of salt, but I had I few ride ops tells me this would be Firehawks last season. Have any of you guys heard this rumor? It was a first for me but I did hear it none the less. I personally don't see it, but I guess anything is possible.

Hey! 1 less old Vekoma in the world. Sorry to hate haha

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, BuckeyeBond said:

I heard the rumor that it was being switched with Maverick at CP.  Not sure how much I believe this though

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Gannersdaddy said:

I heard the rumor that it was being switched with Maverick at CP.  Not sure how much I believe this though

Never in a million years would they relocate Maverick to Kings Island. 

13 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

I also heard they were going to trade Vortex for Valravn. :blink:

They won't do that either. I hope this is a joke.

13 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

I am sure they can get  the coaster closer to The Bat then what I had drawn. I think I have it within the limits though TBH.

I also think they do not add another amphitheater if they rip down Timberwolf.

They would have to build a new ampitheatre so that they can continue to host Spirit Song. Or they could make Spirit Song similar to Rock The World at Holiday World where people can set up a blanket in the grass back behind Banshee and Bat and they can set up a stage so that they can still do the acts and stuff. If Holiday World can do it, so can KI.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

They would have to build a new ampitheatre so that they can continue to host Spirit Song. Or they could make Spirit Song similar to Rock The World at Holiday World where people can set up a blanket in the grass back behind Banshee and Bat and they can set up a stage so that they can still do the acts and stuff. If Holiday World can do it, so can KI.

CP holds Point Fest after Cedar Point Shores closes in September and sets up a stage in the CPS parking lot.   KI could theoretically do the same. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

CP holds Point Fest after Cedar Point Shores closes in September and sets up a stage in the CPS parking lot.   KI could theoretically do the same. 

I would agree with this and would support it. I feel like at CP for Point Fest, those who are going to it, actually spend time at the concerts vs those at KI for SongFest. When I've been in park on SongFest day, I've seen more folks in the park than in Timberwolf. At CP the crowd drastically dies down once concerts start. Although, that may be due to Halloweekeends as well.

8 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

On the Arts Rental thing that is used for Invertigo.  That boom is always there. My question is why is Kings Island renting it and just have purchased one on their own at this point.

I was joking when I said that, of course they bought it from Art's Rental rather than paying rent on it for multiple years. Which has been confirmed up-thread. 

I just went to KI the other day, and I looked very close at what they were doing with the trees and dinosaur's area. From what I saw, I didn't really see any trees down around beast, it honestly seemed like there were alot of logs laying around but not really any land clearing. The trees cleared in DA just appeared to be removal of animatronics. The only thing I saw was that it seems like the land cleared behind Banshee seems bigger, but I didn't see any real evidence of anything being built. As I've said before tho, it's early in the season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Never in a million years would they relocate Maverick to Kings Island. 

They won't do that either. I hope this is a joke.

You don't actually think we were being serious do you? If so then I have a bridge to sell you in New York man.

Building a new amphitheater isn't worth 1 concert there per season. I agree hold it in Soak City. Timberwolf is in prime spot for expansion.

38 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

You don't actually think we were being serious do you? If so then I have a bridge to sell you in New York man.

Building a new amphitheater isn't worth 1 concert there per season. I agree hold it in Soak City. Timberwolf is in prime spot for expansion.

Spirit Song is held during the summer for a few days and there are concerts throughout the day. So it wouldn't work in Soak City.

4 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Spirit Song is held during the summer for a few days and there are concerts throughout the day. So it wouldn't work in Soak City.

Read the other posts before bud....it's been suggested or brought up the idea of holding it later in the year.

Just now, chugh43 said:

Read the other posts before bud....it's been suggested or brought up the idea of holding it later in the year.

I think Spirit Song likes it being held in the middle of summer since thats when a lot of kids are out of school so families and even youth groups can go. I used to go to Spirit Song with my old youth group and I can tell you that holding it in the summer helps with the attendance of the event.

Just now, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I think Spirit Song likes it being held in the middle of summer since thats when a lot of kids are out of school so families and even youth groups can go. I used to go to Spirit Song with my old youth group and I can tell you that holding it in the summer helps with the attendance of the event.

It doesn't matter when they have it, if people want to attend, they'll attend. Cedar Point has Point Fest in September....and it is extremely well attended. The park goes from way busy to walk ons once the concerts start. 

The issue I think that most here have with Spirit Song is that even though the concerts are going on, the concert attendees don't spend much time in Timberwolf and the park is considerably busy due to that.

If it were moved to later in the year and in the SC parking lot it'd just be better. 

• Like 1