The Giga Speculation Thread

SonofBaconator

Pull up KI on Google Maps.  Timberwolf would take up a small corner of the parking  lot.  Maybe the mega church across the road would even be will to help with overflow parking.  

June probably is preferable as there are likely many that attend both festivals.  The parking lot would be fine, not many people sit at concerts anyway.  

This is a bit nit picky but summer starts on June 21st the same day as Spirit Song, so it is held in the Begining of summer not the middle.  :D

With that said, how many parks have removed their amphitheater even though they are used only once or twice a year?   I think they will work around it like most other parks have.  

• Like 1

If they were going to make a massive investment and redefine a section of the park removing Invertigo, Congo Falls, and Timberwolf seem to be the most concentrated section of dispensable attractions in the park.  Boomerangs and Shoot the Chutes rides are being removed at other parks and Spirit Song and a smattering of corporate events don't seem to be enough to keep it around if there are plans to renovate.  That being said, I don't think there are any big plans under consideration.  As we have seen with the placement of Mystic Timers, they can put a Giga in places we wouldn't think about.  Moreover, I'm not convinced that a parking lot Giga a'la Fury would fit the overarching aesthetic at Kings Island where you traverse the gates almost as if you're in a tunnel and come out to something wonderful on the other side.  

• Like 2

The park really doesn't need a front gate coaster if I'm being completely honest. Banshee, Invertio, and The Bat are all in the front corner of the park while Diamondback, Mystic Timbers, and The Beast are in the back right corner. We need a huge attraction in the back left corner of the park so that guest traffic is evenly distributed like a triangle. Banshee and Diamondback both dominate their respective areas so putting a giga in an area like Coney Mall would make things more balanced.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I know this video has been posted earlier, but imo the song in this video would make a great soundtrack in the station and queue.

I personally don't like how tall that overbanked turn is. After the first drop the rest of the coaster seems to be too high off the ground to maintain a consistent speed.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, sixohdieselrage said:

I think the giga should go right through the middle of Mondo Monsoon. :)

I totally suck at waterpark ride names so had to Google that.  I am good with that.   As long as it isn’t some rackety old Arrow disturbing the festive but peaceful sounds of the waterpark with the clanky lifthill bangs of some loosey goosey support structure that sounds like  it is going to fall over at any second and has surely been sinking for years into the lake,  

The question become who can come up with the cloverleaf element first and do we really want it?

Edited by King Ding Dong

17 minutes ago, Oldschool75 said:

Well I did spot this truck out next to some concrete materials this past weekend back by DA.
dafb4d0aa462b56cca0dc5e12783560c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New concrete was poured in Action Zone and new blacktop was poured by the train tracks.

• Like 4

I saw new buildings when I gazed upon the Island from atop the tower on Friday.  They are located off the service road behind the old Dinosaurs Alive path just after the junction with the service road that goes between Firehawk and Dinosaurs Alive.  The OVC guys were up there too and posted a video of the new buildings.  They look like maintainence buildings to me.  I asked the elevator operator if those buildings are new and she said that a few guests have asked her about them but she didn't know.  She followed up by saying the park was adding dorms for exchange students.  I assume she meant seasonal foreign workers, but whatever.  I didn't think Kings Island uses enough of them to warrant building housing for them.  It also seems like an odd placement for dorms.  I would think dorms would be better located closer to Columbia and Great Wolf Drive since it is adjacent to a residential neighborhood.  So, my point is maybe the concrete work is for whatever is going on with the new maintainence buildings/dorms.

If those are buildings, they'd be new....although to me, they look like red shipping trailers with a few roof frames on top of them.

The way to find out if there were dorms being built is if you look for building permits. I don't think Kings Island has enough international workers to really need dorms, especially with the amount of employees they get locally.

I don't know what's going on back there.  I know what I saw and what I was told.  I realize the elevator operator may be a close relation to the dippin dots guy, but that's what she said.  I cannot attest to the veracity of her statement.  I don't think they're slapping roofs on shipping containers though.  They are doing something back there.  It is a construction site.  Regardless of filings with the County Recorder, they have erected about ten structures with metal roofs on either side of a larger roofed structure.  Maybe they are dorms.  Maybe they're cabins.  Maybe it's a storage area.  I don't know.  Importantly to this thread, there is construction work going on near Dinosaurs Alive that does not appear to be related to the construction of a giga coaster. 

6 hours ago, chugh43 said:

I don't think Kings Island has enough international workers to really need dorms, especially with the amount of employees they get locally.

Cedar Point has dorms because a lot of their employees come from out of town. I'll be staying in one of their dorms this summer since its much cheaper than finding an apartment. Like you said, not a lot of out of towners come to KI for work.

1 minute ago, Maverick44 said:

I find that odd? Why is it only CP that others come to work at?

Well there are foreign workers at other parks, Kings Island included. Just not as many as at Cedar Point. I think the thing is that there aren't as many local kids around CP available to work as there are around other parks.

• Like 1